January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Well I called and got through she took my information nd will pass it onto the officer looking after my file. She apologized for the frustration.
...typical KG response. ::)

Hopefully it does something for you application....

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Nevaeha said:
...typical KG response. ::)

Hopefully it does something for you application....
It was worth a try saying we should wait till they ask us to redo police nd medical but hubby redid police yesterday.

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
chickie72 said:
Thanks for the positive vybz girl! Amen to everything you said! One day closer! :)
Well I got a call this am from my MP. He has scheduled an appointment for me next week and told me to bring in any immigration documents. Hopefully this is good news. I am sure just a call to Kingston might get things moving. He did say that there are more people waiting to come to Canada then people that live in Canada. He also said that the Embassies all over the world are receiving so many inquiries that they cannot keep up. I pray our meeting amounts to something!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
It was worth a try saying we should wait till they ask us to redo police nd medical but hubby redid police yesterday.
I would have redone the police certificate too. Hopefully they will extend your hubby's medicals. On the day they expire, I would suggest sending KG an email asking if he should re-do them. Perhaps they will let you know then that they are extending them. That's how I found out my hubby's were extended.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
josephine196901 said:
Well I got a call this am from my MP. He has scheduled an appointment for me next week and told me to bring in any immigration documents. Hopefully this is good news. I am sure just a call to Kingston might get things moving. He did say that there are more people waiting to come to Canada then people that live in Canada. He also said that the Embassies all over the world are receiving so many inquiries that they cannot keep up. I pray our meeting amounts to something!
Congratulations on receiving a phone call from your mp, josephine.

Do not allow him to make up all of these excuses. There is always a lot of people wanting to come to Canada and several of those applications are processed in six months! If they are so backlogged they should hire more staff which is what any other employer would do under the same circumstances. The Government of Canada claims that family reunification is a top priority so they should put their money where their mouth is.

You may also want to confirm with your mp that he is in fact calling Kingston, not Ottawa or Mississauga. My MP was only able to contact CIC in Canada when he looked into something for me and he didn't tell me anything that wasn't already in my GCMS notes. I have heard that MP's can only contact KG directly once you have been in the process for the length of the Stage 2 processing timeline which is currently at 20 months.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Well well so I got a email reply from kingston after I called that didn't answer any questions I asked in my email that they responded to. It was one of Kingston's famous emails.

Your spouse's case is presently in the processing queue of the reviewing officer and will be reviewed in the order of which it was received . Once the review is completed, he will be contacted.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
josephine196901 said:
Thank you for posting this "update" as mentioned b4, please let us know the outcome...

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
oneandonly said:
Well well so I got a email reply from kingston after I called that didn't answer any questions I asked in my email that they responded to. It was one of Kingston's famous emails.

Your spouse's case is presently in the processing queue of the reviewing officer and will be reviewed in the order of which it was received . Once the review is completed, he will be contacted.

Hello,

This is the exact same respone I got (In May 2013), when I e-mailed them to verify if they recived the application (because they never sent me anything, despite Canada transfering the file Feb. 18, 2013) and attempted to ask a few questions... So, frustrating that everyone that works at KG gives you the same generic respone In person or via e-mail. ???

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Hey,

Just some quick questions:

Does the "calculation" of the processing time begin 1) When you applied to Canada or 2) When they transferd the file to KG?
For those of you who ordered your "notes" was it helpful?
It seems as though most of us were under the impression, that this sponsorship process would take a shorter time, did something change (besides the strike Summer 2013)...

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CanJam said:
Hello,

This is the exact same respone I got (In May 2013), when I e-mailed them to verify if they recived the application (because they never sent me anything, despite Canada transfering the file Feb. 18, 2013) and attempted to ask a few questions... So, frustrating that everyone that works at KG gives you the same generic respone In person or via e-mail. ???
In Feb 2013 I got an email saying my application was in process, may 2013 application was in queue for initial review, June 2013 they asked for RPRF payment, Oct 2013 today in queue for review which I think is the final last stage for the officer to review the file and to call for PPR that's my taking of it.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CanJam said:
Hey,

Just some quick questions:

Does the "calculation" of the processing time begin 1) When you applied to Canada or 2) When they transferd the file to KG?
For those of you who ordered your "notes" was it helpful?
It seems as though most of us were under the impression, that this sponsorship process would take a shorter time, did something change (besides the strike Summer 2013)...
First stage is at 27 days and second stage is at 20 months basically starts from stage 2. The notes are helpful if start ordering them anywhere from 6 months and onwards. Most people who have ordered their notes prior didn't see much movement. The process varies some people get through quicker then others there is no rhyme you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. The strike has affected the process as you can see people have been waiting 5 months for return of passport. There hasn't been any movement on this thread for months now. Kingston processes applications for PR mostly during peak seasons starting from Nov- to about March.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
oneandonly said:
First stage is at 27 days and second stage is at 20 months basically starts from stage 2. The notes are helpful if start ordering them anywhere from 6 months and onwards. Most people who have ordered their notes prior didn't see much movement. The process varies some people get through quicker then others there is no rhyme you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. The strike has affected the process as you can see people have been waiting 5 months for return of passport. There hasn't been any movement on this thread for months now. Kingston processes applications for PR mostly during peak seasons starting from Nov- to about March.
Thanks OneandOnly,

That's what I thought, so I have been waiting 8 months now... will probably order my notes, "Peek season" is right around the corner, so let's Go KG ;)

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CanJam said:
Thanks OneandOnly,

That's what I thought, so I have been waiting 8 months now... will probably order my notes, "Peek season" is right around the corner, so let's Go KG ;)
Yea you can order your notes now and see what's going on. By ending of Nov should see movement as that's what happen last year. Some reason the people who file the begginning of the year waits the longest to hear news on their file compared to if u file ending of the year. Personally I haven't ordered my notes and my Ecas has never changed to in process which is completely normal. There hasn't been any news yet for 2013 applicants don't feel discouraged I know it's hard to say.

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Nevaeha said:
Hi greengurl! ;D

I don't like giving anyone false hope, because let's face it, nobody truly knows when someone may get the PPR call. Remember to always keep the faith in this process. Your hubby could very well get the phone call and be home for Christmas.

Never give up hope...

And who does an office move at Christmas?!?!?!?!?! :eek:
Hi Nev!
Thanks for making me feel better!! I do believe that anything can happen and I hate to think negative thoughts. It is true that he could get a call and be here for Christmas...how amazing would that be!! I pray that many of us will be together with our spouses at Christmas!!
Moving at Christmas is going to be terrible!! I have asked for a moving bonus for all the extra work and overtime I am going to be putting in!!!

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Hello my fam jam,

Just a little update...so the hubby went to Fed Ex on friday passed to purchase a return envelope...Fed Ex told my husband that they dont deal with returning of Important documents but they're sister courier does...so they sent it to they're sister courier Taracan...he received a tracking number with this...now here is the F%^& up!!!....If you log into Taracan courier there is a "tracking parcel" button...you click on that and it brings you to a toll free number..I have tried calling it for days and there is a busy signal for days..and there is an option to E-MAIL customer service to track your parcel..so I did that...saturday still no response...so the hubby goes to Kingston High Commission to see whats up...they said to be PATIENT it should arrive soon...Be PATIENT?????? Are they kidding me????? Sorry no landing story yet!!! I am sooooo not liking the BE PATIENT thing...PATIENTS ARE LONG GONE HERE!!!!...lol I will keep you posted ???