NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
Nevaeha said:
Take heart. God is going to show you joy like you've never seen. The spirit of depression and discouragement is being broken. God is going to release a new happiness and passion that you've never experienced before.

~ Joel Osteen Ministries ~
LOVE THIS :)

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Nevaeha said:
Take heart. God is going to show you joy like you've never seen. The spirit of depression and discouragement is being broken. God is going to release a new happiness and passion that you've never experienced before.

Amen. I truly believe this

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Morning fam, I just want to say congrats to Chickie who has been waiting just as long as me, on her update. Your at the door now. This process is so long or is that we have no patience and our father above wants us to learn how to be patient.

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
This was in the Jamaican Gleaner this morning.

WESTERN BUREAU:

THE STRIKE action by Canada's Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) is taking a toll on Jamaican visa applicants who have been forced to wait up to three months for their applications to be processed.

The average time for an application to be processed is 20 working days. However, PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications, have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas without advanced notice, the Canadian High Commission in Kingston has confirmed.

The strike action started in June.

The commission was responding to complaints by the Jamaica Association of Travel Agents (JATA), which said the locally based consular office treats their queries with little or no regard.

"When an email is sent to enquire the status of the applications, we receive an auto response, and then nothing after," lamented JATA president, Pamela Fenton-Reese, adding that travel agencies have lost business because, "no visa; no ticket sale".

She argued that there is absolutely "no communication" from the Canadian High Commission to the public explaining why this is happening, causing customers whose applications her members have completed, to come in demanding a refund of the service fee.

"Some agencies have reported that customers who have been waiting for months, come into their offices and get angry and abusive to the agents," Fenton-Reese stated, adding they had written to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade seeking its intervention.

With no clear indication when the strike action is likely to end, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has advised that applicants should submit their application as far in advance as possible.

According to the CIC, "priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications".

In the meantime, the Canadian High Commission's Counsellor, Alistair Wallbaum said there are now two convenient channels to submit an application: online through an eApplication and ePay, and in person, through the Visa Application Centre in Kingston or Montego Bay.

According to Wallbaum, the eApplication system has been in effect since December 2012, and many Jamaicans have taken advantage of this service, in particular those who require their passport for work or immediate travel.

janet.silvera@gleanerjm.com

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tyldim said:
Hello everyone, could not resist stopping by to congradulate chickie. Yaaay chickie, so glad things are wrapping up finally for you. Sooo happy for you. :)

Thank you! ;D :D ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Nevaeha said:

Thanks for this one Nev. Blessings.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ceeallen said:
Hello kingstonians!!!!!! Popping in to congratulate my girl CHICKIE!!!!! woohooo....hubz will definetly be home by christmas......this is the last and closing stages..you must be freaking excited LOL!....im soooo happy for you, wishing you all the best as your immigration journey whines down to an end....

I havent gotten a chance to read back through much pages, but everyone thats received some sort of updates, congratulations!!!

I'm not posting much but every now and again I check in as a follow-up.....definetly not abandoning yall, as you were my strength through my process...

BTW, hubby and I are doing fantastic..hes AMAZING and everyday is a blessing being with him...

For all those still waiting, you all have your times set by the almighty....he knows the perfect time to do all things, so just hold on, be strong, and dont let go!!!!!
Cee!!!!! Thank you so much for coming back and congratulating me! I truly believe he will be home by Christmas that is for sure! I am glad to hear that you and hubz are doing fantastic! This was a long process but I knew one day it had to end and happy to know that it will be soon!

cblgr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-24-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
21-03-2013
Interview........
still waiting
Passport Req..
still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Congrats Chickie!!!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:

+1 ;D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
samll1 said:
Morning fam, I just want to say congrats to Chickie who has been waiting just as long as me, on her update. Your at the door now. This process is so long or is that we have no patience and our father above wants us to learn how to be patient.
Thank you Samll1!!!!!!!

and no this fricking process is Longggggggggggggggggggggg! :p :p :p :p :p

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
saskia said:
This was in the Jamaican Gleaner this morning.

WESTERN BUREAU:

THE STRIKE action by Canada's Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) is taking a toll on Jamaican visa applicants who have been forced to wait up to three months for their applications to be processed.

The average time for an application to be processed is 20 working days. However, PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications, have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas without advanced notice, the Canadian High Commission in Kingston has confirmed.

The strike action started in June.

The commission was responding to complaints by the Jamaica Association of Travel Agents (JATA), which said the locally based consular office treats their queries with little or no regard.

"When an email is sent to enquire the status of the applications, we receive an auto response, and then nothing after," lamented JATA president, Pamela Fenton-Reese, adding that travel agencies have lost business because, "no visa; no ticket sale".

She argued that there is absolutely "no communication" from the Canadian High Commission to the public explaining why this is happening, causing customers whose applications her members have completed, to come in demanding a refund of the service fee.

"Some agencies have reported that customers who have been waiting for months, come into their offices and get angry and abusive to the agents," Fenton-Reese stated, adding they had written to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade seeking its intervention.

With no clear indication when the strike action is likely to end, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has advised that applicants should submit their application as far in advance as possible.

According to the CIC, "priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications".

In the meantime, the Canadian High Commission's Counsellor, Alistair Wallbaum said there are now two convenient channels to submit an application: online through an eApplication and ePay, and in person, through the Visa Application Centre in Kingston or Montego Bay.

According to Wallbaum, the eApplication system has been in effect since December 2012, and many Jamaicans have taken advantage of this service, in particular those who require their passport for work or immediate travel.

janet.silvera @ gleanerjm.com
LOL good to know we aren't the only ones they won't answer back to emails :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Has anyone gone though an ARC from Rome Visa Office?

Thanks in advance for any help Grin

Here is our case:

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

•Application for ARC and the processing fee (see attached letter). This must be received at this office by: 11/06/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian Embassy at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Morning kgn fams popping in to send out a big big congrats to my girl chickie since I heard da news cant stop smile.....sing it with ill be home for christmas ......kingston dont stop now nev cog madannts n nuff more still waiting for there news let the celebrations n blessings finally return to the kgn page....... @cog lol u make me laugh I would love to see the io face when dem get all those attachments ........bless up fams peace

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Cbn Cdn said:
Has anyone gone though an ARC from Rome Visa Office?

Thanks in advance for any help Grin

Here is our case:

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

•Application for ARC and the processing fee (see attached letter). This must be received at this office by: 11/06/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian Embassy at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Good morning. Everyone on this forum is from Kingston Jamaica visa office, but i can help you with your question. You need to fill out the application for the ARC (did they send it to you?) and pay the processing fee of $400. It should tell you how to pay the fee at a bank in Rome, you need to get a bank draft in the amount of $400 Canadian dollars. I am unsure of the application form as we only had to pay the $400 sorry.