Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
sammystorm19 said:
Good morning everyone

So I emailed Kingston last week to see if they have received my application. I for an email back saying that they have received it and its already in process. So I don't know how I should take the "in process" remark. I'm not getting excited over it yet however I know that other people have received emails only saying that they have received their application and nothing about it being in process. I guess I will have to just wait and see
congrats on hearing from kingston...they are sure working behind the seens.

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

cblgr said:
Thanks CdnandTrini,

Blessing for your journey as well! You made a great point that most people get through in less that 19 months. Fingers crossed we both get good news soon!
My approval date is just a few days before you and CdnandTrini so if you could please cross your fingers for me too!!! I am so happy when I read that Kingston is processing 2012 applicants as that leaves room on their desks for us 2013 applicants!!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
lonelymrs said:
Thanks girl ! I have finally officially joined you guys :-* I don't know what i'd do without all the help you all have given me !! I really hope I did everything properly? How long does it usually take to get any correspondence from them ? when do I get to check E-Cas ? And 1 more thing I paid by visa online and printed my receipt it didn't give me the option to type my name and info on it so I just wrote it in pen is that ok ? I sent them 2 copies 1 with writing on it 1 without !
Congrats on getting your application in! I received an email about 10 days after I submitted my application that it was received. I then received an email exactly 30 days after my application was received that I was approved as a sponsor and my application was being forwarded to Kingston. The first email I received showed my UCI number and Application number so I believe that I started checking ECAS right away.

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Hey 2013 applicants. Has anyone ordered their notes yet? I ordered my first set yesterday. Wondering if anyone has any information in their notes to suggest Kingston has even looked at your file outside of the usual "we've received your application and you are "in process" Email response. Thx guys. Any info is helpful

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
sammystorm19 said:
Good morning everyone

So I emailed Kingston last week to see if they have received my application. I for an email back saying that they have received it and its already in process. So I don't know how I should take the "in process" remark. I'm not getting excited over it yet however I know that other people have received emails only saying that they have received their application and nothing about it being in process. I guess I will have to just wait and see
I also sent an email last week just to find out if my application was received in Kingston and I received an email response that my application was received and in "process". I was just happy to read that my application was received but don't think much about their "in process" remark. It would be amazing if my application was in process but I am thinking that it is just a standard response from them.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Good MOrning Everyone!
Today My cousin-in-law is getting married in Jamaica to a jamaican who lives in Canada. I wish them all the best wishing I could have made it down for the wedding ;D I know that now the process starts for them soon after.

I was wondering has anyone ever heard of anyone going to the Kingston office in person? I have been told by a couple of people that I should go into the office and request for information or apply for a visiting visa while we are there.

;D ;D ;D

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
mrsbrown said:
Hey 2013 applicants. Has anyone ordered their notes yet? I ordered my first set yesterday. Wondering if anyone has any information in their notes to suggest Kingston has even looked at your file outside of the usual "we've received your application and you are "in process" Email response. Thx guys. Any info is helpful
I haven't ordered notes but I did receive their standard email that my application was received and in process. I think I would be disappointed to actually read that nothing has been done with my application. This way I believe in my mind that my application is actually being worked on!! Let me know if you find out anything when you receive your notes!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
carm_cnd said:
Good MOrning Everyone!
Today My cousin-in-law is getting married in Jamaica to a jamaican who lives in Canada. I wish them all the best wishing I could have made it down for the wedding ;D I know that now the process starts for them soon after.

I was wondering has anyone ever heard of anyone going to the Kingston office in person? I have been told by a couple of people that I should go into the office and request for information or apply for a visiting visa while we are there.

;D ;D ;Du
I know that people have dropped stuff off at the office on Kingston but you can't go and talk to anyone about your application. They don't take visitors

For he TVR unless your husband has a job that he needs to be back in JA for, owns property and shows that he has to return to JA, the chances are he won't get a TVR. They wi think he will just stay in Canada and not go back. And I am assuming you are requesting the visa for him and not yourself.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
carm_cnd said:
Good MOrning Everyone!

;D ;D ;D
never gone myself but if you do go please let us know how it went! It will be interesting to see if they actually give you any information if you walk in there!

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
chickie72 said:
never gone myself but if you do go please let us know how it went! It will be interesting to see if they actually give you any information if you walk in there!
Walk in and raise Sh*t! lol :p

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
I will bring my own Approved Stamp with me ;)

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I came back from JA (st Ann) visiting my fiancée, had considered marrying during this visit but we want to do this right as its our first marriage for each of us. Our wedding date is set for Dec 31. It was hot and we spent most of the time at home, cooking, movie watching and just puttering about the house..later in the afternoon, we'd head out but managed 2 day trips to Negril and Ochos though. I am anxious to get added to the spreadsheet and hoping that we will file the app before the end of February 2014. Aside from being knee deep in wedding planning, I am also beginning to study and review the sponsorship application (any thing I should watch out for) and gathering the necessary documentation. Hope I can ask this group for assistance when the times comes. As for my wedding, unfortunately not any family members with the exception of my young adult kids will be able to attend. My dad is frail and ill to travel. When I complete the app. I know this is a question and just going to be frank and say no one can afford to attend - wish I had well to do family that could pay my wedding but the reality is not and I am not either.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
carm_cnd said:
I will bring my own Approved Stamp with me ;)
I like that one!

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Hi Everyone!

Ok so I have to admit an addiction to reading this forum is starting already and I'm not even married yet!
I was up reading till 1 am last night (sleep? who needs sleep?) :)
I thought I had read all the posts from page 1, but realized after searching for some things that I missed a big chunk of time somehow. It reads like a really interesting novel and the bonus is that I am learning soooo much about the process. The pain of being separated from spouses is raw and the joy when people get through is overwhelming. I have shed more than a few tears reading people's stories.

We are planning a small wedding for November in either Mobay or Negril. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for venues? We will have about 20-25 guests, but only 5 or so will be from Canada. Most of the hotels have a minimum room booking requirement so we are trying to find other non-hotel venues. Where do local Jamaicans get married and have their receptions? It's my second wedding and I'm not concerned with putting on a big showy spread. Buffet dinner would be fine. I saw some pictures from Hummingbird Hall and it looks amazing but I received a quote from them and it is way over our budget.

One more question about the marriage certificate... Can the application be sent in with the copy of the certificate that you are given on the day of the ceremony, or is it imperative that you wait until you get the certified copy? As I understand it can take several weeks to get the certified one? I was hoping that the certified copy could just be mailed to Kingston after it is received and be added to the application.

Thanks in advance for any input and here's hoping there is more good news out of Kingston before the end of the week! :D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
CocoVanilla said:
Hi Everyone!

Ok so I have to admit an addiction to reading this forum is starting already and I'm not even married yet!
I was up reading till 1 am last night (sleep? who needs sleep?) :)
I thought I had read all the posts from page 1, but realized after searching for some things that I missed a big chunk of time somehow. It reads like a really interesting novel and the bonus is that I am learning soooo much about the process. The pain of being separated from spouses is raw and the joy when people get through is overwhelming. I have shed more than a few tears reading people's stories.

We are planning a small wedding for November in either Mobay or Negril. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for venues? We will have about 20-25 guests, but only 5 or so will be from Canada. Most of the hotels have a minimum room booking requirement so we are trying to find other non-hotel venues. Where do local Jamaicans get married and have their receptions? It's my second wedding and I'm not concerned with putting on a big showy spread. Buffet dinner would be fine. I saw some pictures from Hummingbird Hall and it looks amazing but I received a quote from them and it is way over our budget.

One more question about the marriage certificate... Can the application be sent in with the copy of the certificate that you are given on the day of the ceremony, or is it imperative that you wait until you get the certified copy? As I understand it can take several weeks to get the certified one? I was hoping that the certified copy could just be mailed to Kingston after it is received and be added to the application.

Thanks in advance for any input and here's hoping there is more good news out of Kingston before the end of the week! :D
Welcome!!!!

Check out Seastar in Negril. They have wedding packages and the room rates are pretty cheap as well. It is a beautiful hotel. Not all inclusive though. You will need the original copy of the marriage certificate. My husband was able to get it within a week of applying for it.

Congrats and the wedding and we are all here to help you out with any questions.