Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
REPLY: Kingston,Jamaica

Akiikwe said:
Thank you!
But, I think things were held up because of an error and misunderstanding. Immigration has in the notes that we got married in 2008( that is when we met), that is not true we got married in 2011. I found this info in the notes that were ordered. The notes stated limited proof of relationship from 2008 up to our marriage and after. They wanted proof from 2008 going by their date. So what I have been doing is e-mailing Kingston like mad until they requested me to stop. LOL! But we did not save much in the beggining or our relationship when we first met aswe were just friends. Because we didn't know we were going to get married at that time.
When interview date comes up Maddants will have original copies to give them (plus they got a lot of the stuff I sent to them by e-mail to Kingston). Don't know why e-cas said decision made plus his scheduled interview date on it. But I know that now we are getting somewhere with this.
Lol....oh boy.....so many things to correct for them. Good for you!!!! It's true, we do not always know right away that person is going to become our spouse. My husband and I met and communicated for a few years before we knew we were going to get married. We didn't even have a camera until 3 years into our relationship. The other irony is, if you get married too quickly CIC is suspicious of that too. Just glad to hear your file is "on fire" now!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
So much news today!!!! Kingston is working this summer. So happy for those who have heard news

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
samll1 said:
Good afternoon forum, first I would like to congrats Mr and Mrs Maddants finally your wait is over. I am so happy for you.

update .....update.......My hubby also got an email from kingston this morning asking him for his passport. I am soooooooooo happy finally this is over the stress was killing me. Well I got the email and then I called him and told him. please put me in light green.
Congrats samll1; green crayon it is ;D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
samll1 said:
Good afternoon forum, first I would like to congrats Mr and Mrs Maddants finally your wait is over. I am so happy for you.

update .....update.......My hubby also got an email from kingston this morning asking him for his passport. I am soooooooooo happy finally this is over the stress was killing me. Well I got the email and then I called him and told him. please put me in light green.
PPR CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

samll1 said:
Thanks, I made my MP call them every so often to get a movement on my file, and every time my MP called them the next couple of days I heard something from immigration.
So glad to hear your positive news @samll1 :D. Especially after the ups and downs we all go through, it is important to know that perseverance and eyes on God pay off. I also sent you a PM about one of your previous posts that helped me when I read it. So even when we are not getting immediate feedback, things are always moving behind the scenes. We can encourage each other and stand in the gap - whether we know it or not. Blessings to you and your hubby.

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
Congrats Mr and Mrs, well done and good news that you've swamped them with info, also that Mr needs to bring his PP. Smart to keep your cards close to your chest, many family members have gone through hell by flase info getting to the VO. When we were going through this a few years ago a forum members mother put in some false notes as she was afraid that support would stop once the son got through so you never know.
Congrats to samll1 as well, landing stories will soon abound

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
See I knew someone would be blessed with wonderful news today!!! I had a feeling in my toes...lol CONGRATS to everyone that has heard from Kingston...keep it up KINGSTON!!! ;D

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Hi Everyone!
Just stopping in to say hi and congrats to all those who have received good news!!!!

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
waitingonforever said:
See I knew someone would be blessed with wonderful news today!!! I had a feeling in my toes...lol CONGRATS to everyone that has heard from Kingston...keep it up KINGSTON!!! ;D
Thank you! ;D
Maddants letter was sent by e-mail and it outlines what is needed for his interview. First item is to bring in his passport, second is his original birth certificate, 3rd is our original marriage certificate. and last item is supporting documents of relationship. Letter also said to not send documents and other stuff and that what we have still has to be brought in on that date only. Letter is a a scanned copy with bar code at the top of it and the bottom part has his interview date and time on it in bold letters. It also asks for him to bring this copy of this bar-coded letter to his interview. A little while ago, I got a letter from Kingston asking me to stop sending Western Union papers and other documentation. I have been sending them everything that I could. Letter also said that if they need anything else, the will get in contact with me. and things may not get included if continued sent by e-mail. So whatever else I have to send he has to bring with him to the interview on that date only. So i am still going to send western union, phone bills, pictures, etc. but will send directly to Maddants.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Akiikwe said:
Thank you! ;D
Maddants letter was sent by e-mail and it outlines what is needed for his interview. First item is to bring in his passport, second is his original birth certificate, 3rd is our original marriage certificate. and last item is supporting documents of relationship. Letter also said to not send documents and other stuff and that what we have still has to be brought in on that date only. Letter is a a scanned copy with bar code at the top of it and the bottom part has his interview date and time on it in bold letters. It also asks for him to bring this copy of this bar-coded letter to his interview. A little while ago, I got a letter from Kingston asking me to stop sending Western Union papers and other documentation. I have been sending them everything that I could. Letter also said that if they need anything else, the will get in contact with me. and things may not get included if continued sent by e-mail. So whatever else I have to send he has to bring with him to the interview on that date only. So i am still going to send western union, phone bills, pictures, etc. but will send directly to Maddants.
Hello Mrs. M, if you already have sent all of this in with the original application, and followed up with supporting info. then why do you think they are asking you to bring it to the interview? Are they referring to the materials you kept e-mailing? ;) I am curious as I keep track of most of the documents for both me and my husband (he is not a paperwork person :D) so if he gets an interview I will need to do another big package here and send it to Trinidad.......... Would probably be cheaper for me to fly with it than send it by international courier!!!

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

CdnandTrini said:
Hello Mrs. M, if you already have sent all of this in with the original application, and followed up with supporting info. then why do you think they are asking you to bring it to the interview? Are they referring to the materials you kept e-mailing? ;) I am curious as I keep track of most of the documents for both me and my husband (he is not a paperwork person :D) so if he gets an interview I will need to do another big package here and send it to Trinidad.......... Would probably cheaper for me to fly with it than send it by international courier!!!
Yup..I totally agree...courier is sooo expensive, To send a letter to my husband wich consisted of 3 sheets of paper was 55.00 CAD...take a trip instead!!!...lol

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
samll1 said:
I have a question, so does my hubby have a DHL office and purchase the airway bill, or can i purchase it online and let him pick it up
I truly have never heard of anyone doing that before but I can't see why not? Sorry I am not much help but like I said, havent known anyone that has done it before to tell you the results lol

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

CdnandTrini said:
Hello Mrs. M, if you already have sent all of this in with the original application, and followed up with supporting info. then why do you think they are asking you to bring it to the interview? Are they referring to the materials you kept e-mailing? ;) I am curious as I keep track of most of the documents for both me and my husband (he is not a paperwork person :D) so if he gets an interview I will need to do another big package here and send it to Trinidad.......... Would probably cheaper for me to fly with it than send it by international courier!!!
Yes i have sent in a bunch of stuff with the original package, everything that was required including wedding pictures. But when I ordered notes from CIC over a year later, it indicated in the notes why they needed proof of ongoing communication after our marriage (also before our marriage because the notes indicated they were lacking). When i requested the notes I got the whole copy of file sent back to me with their notes/comments written on it. So stuff I sent them where plane ticket stubs e-mails from Maddants, messenger messages, pictures of me and him with family, phone bills with calls to him highlighted and what ever I could think of to show our on going relationship. E-mail from Kingston stated they wanted Maddants to take originals of documentation (it said that in his letter requesting interview), regardless of the ones I scanned and e-mailed to Kingston( but i see they were added to our file in the notes). Things i still need to send from top up to his phone so he could call me and any other phone cards I have. The question must of came about in regards to how we met. We met on-line. It is a different situation from a lot of others and and it is proof of genuine relationship they want. When i was last out in Jamaica, I took documentation with me there to give Maddants. Anything remaining (including pictures from my last trip to Jamaica, i will mail snail mail which takes 2 weeks to get to him, but it is cheaper. Reason for interview was indicted on the notes and was based on this. I am with you on keeping paper-work, it is valuable in the long run. Just that our case is different and I hope no one has to go through what we had to.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Akiikwe said:
Yes i have sent in a bunch of stuff with the original package, everything that was required including wedding pictures. But when I ordered notes from CIC over a year later, it indicated in the notes why they needed proof of ongoing communication after our marriage (also before our marriage because the notes indicated they were lacking). When i requested the notes I got the whole copy of file sent back to me with their notes/comments written on it. So stuff I sent them where plane ticket stubs e-mails from Maddants, messenger messages, pictures of me and him with family, phone bills with calls to him highlighted and what ever I could think of to show our on going relationship. E-mail from Kingston stated they wanted Maddants to take originals of documentation (it said that in his letter requesting interview), regardless of the ones I scanned and e-mailed to Kingston( but i see they were added to our file in the notes). Things i still need to send from top up to his phone so he could call me and any other phone cards I have. The question must of came about in regards to how we met. We met on-line. It is a different situation from a lot of others and and it is proof of genuine relationship they want. When i was last out in Jamaica, I took documentation with me there to give Maddants. Anything remaining (including pictures from my last trip to Jamaica, i will mail snail mail which takes 2 weeks to get to him, but it is cheaper. Reason for interview was indicted on the notes and was based on this. I am with you on keeping paper-work, it is valuable in the long run. Just that our case is different and I hope no one has to go through what we had to.
Thank you so much Mrs. M. for the detailed reply. I appreciate it as I'm sure others do, it all adds to our knowledge bank. From everything I have read it seems to be a pretty challenging process for the majority of people going through the POS & Kingston offices. Although so many relationships start online now, I see a lot of it on the other threads also - I would think that CIC would be used to that part of it. Global Economy = Global Love :D

I have been with my husband for 6 years now and we met in person so in our application I submitted e-mails, Skype chat logs and Skype call durations over the 6 year period. I did not do all of them, I did a selection of every year (Jan. - Dec.) otherwise our package would have been over 1000 pages! I also sent all of my boarding passes, receipts from trips, passport stamps from trips, wedding photos etc. The one thing I did not include but explained it in the cover letter, was phone bills as we both use calling cards and I was told they do not accept the actual cards. The problem is that with each calling card, the company selling the cards routes the calls via different numbers all the time and CIC would not necessarily be able to match the routing numbers to the spouse's phone. That's what I have understood. If anyone else can shed some light on this, please feel free to chime in. Praying for all of us to have smoother sailing ahead and continued progress from the Caribbean offices. Blessings.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
:D GOOD MORNING KINGSTON! :D

What have you got in store for us on this fine hump day? Let's keep the positive vybz going! :D

!!!!!!GO KINGSTON GO!!!!!!