January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
saskia said:
My status is still saying application and medical received from last year till now.

Toronto hopefully :)
It's hit and miss with KG; some people go to 'in process' and others go straight to 'decision made'.

They asked for your passport and that's all that matters!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
saskia said:
I did medical in february of last year i did it same time i send in application silly me should have waited until they told me to..it would have saved me some of my money
What would have been better is if your application was processed in a timely manner and you didn't have to do your medical twice.

There's a handful of us on the forum from the beginning of 2012 who are still waiting for our spouse's to get a call or email for their passport. Knowing you applied in February 2012 gives me hope that they haven't forgotten about us!
:D

Please let us know when you receive your visa!

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Good morning jam fam!!

I have a quick question in regards to the postal service in Jamaica. My husband and myself never knew that we had to buy a envelope or package so Kingston could return our passport....now here is the dousey question...how long would it take to receive all the goodies via regular mail? I know to send something from Jamaica to Canada took 4 weeks...but I thought that inside Jamaica would be quicker....hmmmm as I sit and ponder...LOL

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
waitingonforever said:
Good morning jam fam!!

I have a quick question in regards to the postal service in Jamaica. My husband and myself never knew that we had to buy a envelope or package so Kingston could return our passport....now here is the dousey question...how long would it take to receive all the goodies via regular mail? I know to send something from Jamaica to Canada took 4 weeks...but I thought that inside Jamaica would be quicker....hmmmm as I sit and ponder...LOL
Kingston sent my hubby a letter by regular mail (to Negril area) and it only took two days to get there.

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
waitingonforever said:
Good morning jam fam!!

quote]

Hey Good morning. My uncle sent a "Happy bday" card for my mom from Kingston to Canada. Guess how long it took? 9 months. LOL. But in all fairness I have sent my hubby mail and it got there in less than 2 weeks.

Be blessed.

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Good Sunday morning you all Jam/Fam!

One more sleep night for Kingston to be on the job. I am sure that most of us..ok all of us wished that Kingston worked 247. Am I right? Can I get an agreement up in this forum!

Remember! "the hotter the battle the sweeter the victory" and oh boy is it ever HOT!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Going off to church now. So EVERYONE have a fantastic day. God is amazingly wonderful in all his works.
I have a GREAT feeling about this upcoming week. Someone I think more than one person will be very, very, very, happy this week.
COG you are blessed and highly favoured.

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Oh goody so it's like playing another guessing game...anyone want to put dibb's on how long it will take to send the acceptance package via "regular mail"????....LOL I'm kidding we could probably do it though, like men put dibb's on the fav sports team...lol GO TEAM KINGSTON!!!!!!

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
I have been reading a lot of the posts, I am just wondering what the "notes" are? I have just been watching my cic account and have emailed Kingston, regarding if they have received my last set of updates I sent them, their response was that they don't have the time to check if paperwork has been received and that they have to focus on processing applications, WHAT A JOKE!!! The postal service has not updated since the papers received JA, big surprise. I sent them on June 22 so I have to wait a mth to put a trace on the documents. I see that it doesn't matter how proper and the documents are and how long you may have been together, its who gets ur file in JA as to how fast it gets processed. :mad:

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Wifey_BT said:
I have been reading a lot of the posts, I am just wondering what the "notes" are? I have just been watching my cic account and have emailed Kingston, regarding if they have received my last set of updates I sent them, their response was that they don't have the time to check if paperwork has been received and that they have to focus on processing applications, WHAT A JOKE!!! The postal service has not updated since the papers received JA, big surprise. I sent them on June 22 so I have to wait a mth to put a trace on the documents. I see that it doesn't matter how proper and the documents are and how long you may have been together, its who gets ur file in JA as to how fast it gets processed. :mad:

Good afternoon, Wifey_BT! :D

Kingston 'claims' to process the applications in order of receipt which, in my opinion, is (would be) the most fair way to do it. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case because some people that applied six months ago have landed and there are others that applied 18 months ago and longer that are still in the process.

How would it be right for someone that applied two months ago and have been together for ten years have their application processed ahead of someone that applied two years ago and have been together for three years?

Most of us on the forum have received a similar 'don't call us, we'll call you' email(s). The sad truth is we're never going to get the response we're looking for and it is very frustrating. :'(

GCMS notes are notes that are recorded about your application i.e. statuses, genuineness of relationship, bring forward dates, etc. I have been in this process for 16 months and I order my notes every month. There is very little information in them; however, it gives me something to look forward to. Other members have a lot of information in their notes so I think it depends who is working on your file. One thing I can confirm, every email and all of the additional documents I have sent to Kingston do appear in my notes so I know they have received everything.

If you choose to order the notes, they cost $5 and your spouse will have to sign the consent form each time you order them. Since KG just recently received your application there probably won't be a lot of information (if any) in your notes so you may want to save yourself the money and get them at a later date.

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
Nevaeha said:

Good afternoon, Wifey_BT! :D

Kingston 'claims' to process the applications in order of receipt which, in my opinion, is (would be) the most fair way to do it. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case because some people that applied six months ago have landed and there are others that applied 18 months ago and longer that are still in the process.

How would it be right for someone that applied two months ago and have been together for ten years have their application processed ahead of someone that applied two years ago and have been together for three years?

Most of us on the forum have received a similar 'don't call us, we'll call you' email(s). The sad truth is we're never going to get the response we're looking for and it is very frustrating. :'(

GCMS notes are notes that are recorded about your application i.e. statuses, genuineness of relationship, bring forward dates, etc. I have been in this process for 16 months and I order my notes every month. There is very little information in them; however, it gives me something to look forward to. Other members have a lot of information in their notes so I think it depends who is working on your file. One thing I can confirm, every email and all of the additional documents I have sent to Kingston do appear in my notes so I know they have received everything.

If you choose to order the notes, they cost $5 and your spouse will have to sign the consent form each time you order them. Since KG just recently received your application there probably won't be a lot of information (if any) in your notes so you may want to save yourself the money and get them at a later date.
thank you for the info

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Its 2:30am and still wide awake. Anyone knows how to delete accounts and subsequent posts?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
fromadistance said:
Its 2:30am and still wide awake. Anyone knows how to delete accounts and subsequent posts?
:eek: I hope you aren't leaving the forum, fad!

You can edit whichever post you want to get rid of and click 'remove' - you would have to do this for each post. To delete your account, you have to go into your profile and there is a link on the bottom left hand side that has 'delete this account'.

Please don't goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
:'(

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Good Morning Everyone;

Welcome to all the newbies; congrats to all who had good news or any form of contact from the Kingston office.

Come on Kingston; let our spouses get to transition from warm to cold..send out some PPRs man! :p

Have a great week all; and stay strong ;)

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Happy Monday Everyone!!! :D hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Cheers to an amazing week!!! Come Kingston makes us some happy people ;)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
SweetieQ said:
Happy Saturday Jam/Fam.

Well I had hopes and dreams that I would be one of the lucky ones to get through within 7 months. That would mean that today would be the day however I am not discouraged because God's timing is the perfect timing. I am working with him for I know that I cannot do anything without him. Sometimes (and I speaking about myself) I rush when I should wait but this whole process is not in anyone of our control. It's like having a baby the doctor can tell you whatever they want about when the baby is due but unless God says this is the day, nothing will happen.

I would like to let the forum know to not be discouraged this weekend. God is on the job, he is working it all out. Today is my 10th month anniversary and it is bittersweet hubby and I are going through the storm/valley but I am giving God the honor and the praise to be alive today. I am continuing to believe that he will work things out whichever way he thinks will be best. I have literally turned this marriage over to him because I realize that only he can work miracles.

This forum has been such an amazing source of support, encouragement and some truly great people are on this forum. I want to say thank you to each and everyone of you. I hope that this post will find all of you in good health and spirits.
Chickie, COG, Mr/Mrs. Maddants, Tamarind, Ready, Sammy, Carm and everyone else that I forgot, Be Blessed.

God is Good all the time, and All the time God is Good.
Well happy belated 10 month anniversary darling! When do you leave to go back to JA?