January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Medical Extension Clarification

Good morning fam jam! There seems to be some confusion regarding medical extensions so I thought I'd post the below explanation from another thread along with the CIC link so that everyone has a clear understanding of how the process works and when the VO can request one.

"There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approval and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).
Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams."

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mismine said:
Navaeha

I see that you have been waiting a long time for your loved one your positive words are empowering I look forward to continuing this journey with u of course with our landing stories very soon ;) I was wondering if you would know if anyone has gone to redo there medical without a redo letter? I know that ours has expired by now and it seems so unproductive and time consuming to wait for there letter? Also has anyone not had to redo there medical after this much time?
Morning mismine!

Yes, I have been waiting a long time, haven't I? ;) According to the CIC guidelines I am well within their processing timelines! :p

There have been other members on this thread that have gone ahead and re-done their medical without being prompted. Their spouses have since landed in Canada so it looks like it worked for them! Have you tried emailing Kingston? I sent a case specific enquiry politely asking them if my hubby should re-do his police certificate and medical because they were about to expire. They responded to me six weeks later informing me that they requested an extension on the medical and that hubby should re-do his police certificate.

I am happy to be on this roller coaster ride with you too! Our fam jam is FULL of positive people. When one or two or three of us is down, there's always one, or two, or three people around to pick us up and support us through our troubled times. :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Samilanaire said:
Gud morning forum hello kgn free up time make those calls send those stamps we r all waiting patiently for u
Good morning Sam!

No word on your passport? :mad: According to my calculations it should be in your hubby's hands by this Friday. ???

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
this is my story
MY husband and I first met when we were very young probably about 5 or 6 years old when my family moved from ST ELIZABETH TO ST ANN. When i was 15 we started dating (never been with any other boy before) at age 19 i moved to Canada and we were kept our relationship going through email text messages Skype and me going back home as often as i could, we got engaged 6 years ago and decided to take it slow so we had a long engagement 4 year engagement to be exact. The summer before we got married he applied for a visitors visa to come and visit during his summer holidays and was turned down. When he was turned down we finally set a wedding date as neither of us wanted to spend anymore time apart. Since we got married we have been debating on if i should come back to Jamaica and we settle there or if it would be better to sponsor him and he come here. I finished my course last year and landed a great job so we decided to settle here. It took us a bit to get all the info together (me being as anal as i am had to check and recheck our application once i was finally happy with my application and all the fees were paid i sent it in to Mississauga in November we got approval in January and now here i am patiently

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Nevaeha said:
Morning mismine!

Yes, I have been waiting a long time, haven't I? ;) According to the CIC guidelines I am well within their processing timelines! :p

There have been other members on this thread that have gone ahead and re-done their medical without being prompted. Their spouses have since landed in Canada so it looks like it worked for them! Have you tried emailing Kingston? I sent a case specific enquiry politely asking them if my hubby should re-do his police certificate and medical because they were about to expire. They responded to me six weeks later informing me that they requested an extension on the medical and that hubby should re-do his police certificate.

how long does it take for them to send back a passport after it is requested

I am happy to be on this roller coaster ride with you too! Our fam jam is FULL of positive people. When one or two or three of us is down, there's always one, or two, or three people around to pick us up and support us through our troubled times. :D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
this is my story
MY husband and I first met when we were very young probably about 5 or 6 years old when my family moved from ST ELIZABETH TO ST ANN. When i was 15 we started dating (never been with any other boy before) at age 19 i moved to Canada and we were kept our relationship going through email text messages Skype and me going back home as often as i could, we got engaged 6 years ago and decided to take it slow so we had a long engagement 4 year engagement to be exact. The summer before we got married he applied for a visitors visa to come and visit during his summer holidays and was turned down. When he was turned down we finally set a wedding date as neither of us wanted to spend anymore time apart. Since we got married we have been debating on if i should come back to Jamaica and we settle there or if it would be better to sponsor him and he come here. I finished my course last year and landed a great job so we decided to settle here. It took us a bit to get all the info together (me being as anal as i am had to check and recheck our application once i was finally happy with my application and all the fees were paid i sent it in to Mississauga in November we got approval in January and now here i am patiently
Thanks for sharing your story with us, yolo!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
how long does it take for them to send back a passport after it is requested
On average, for the members on our thread, it takes about two weeks for passports to be returned from Kingston. There have been a few instances where the wait time has been shorter or longer.

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Nevaeha said:
On average, for the members on our thread, it takes about two weeks for passports to be returned from Kingston. There have been a few instances where the wait time has been shorter or longer.
thanks

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Sorry all another question again. Please tell me if i am getting annoying with these questions, I have a tendency to be quite over bearing sometime.

Anyhoo my question is my husband has been checking his application online and for weeks it said medicals received, last week the medicals received was removed and they changed it to In process with a date attached to it of April 5th - does this mean that someone has started working on our file now ?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
Sorry all another question again. Please tell me if i am getting annoying with these questions, I have a tendency to be quite over bearing sometime.

Anyhoo my question is my husband has been checking his application online and for weeks it said medicals received, last week the medicals received was removed and they changed it to In process with a date attached to it of April 5th - does this mean that someone has started working on our file now ?
That's great news, yolo. And yes, it's confirmation that your hubby's application is being processed!

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Nevaeha said:
That's great news, yolo. And yes, it's confirmation that your hubby's application is being processed!
thats wonderful news, so i am guessing that now we have to wait for a few months or so before we hear anything more from them ?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
thats wonderful news, so i am guessing that now we have to wait for a few months or so before we hear anything more from them ?

Who knows? The only thing consistent with Kingston is inconsistency! :p

Hopefully you will hear from them sooner than later. Tell your hubby to keep his phone on him at all times, check his emails, and the post. You never know how or when Kingston is going to contact you!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Goodmorning Kingston!

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Nevaeha said:

Who knows? The only thing consistent with Kingston is inconsistency! :p

Hopefully you will hear from them sooner than later. Tell your hubby to keep his phone on him at all times, check his emails, and the post. You never know how or when Kingston is going to contact you!
wow you have me excited now, i won't get my hopes up too high. But i am hoping that once we get back from Vacation that there will be some good news.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
wow you have me excited now, i won't get my hopes up too high. But i am hoping that once we get back from Vacation that there will be some good news.
You may get lucky and hear some great news while you are on vacation! You never know what Kingston has up their sleeve!