Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
cblgr said:
Hi Everyone!

So great reading the stories of how everyone met! I love a good love story!

Quick question...what are "notes" that people keep talking about and sending for them?

I couldn't wait to get home to read through everyone's posts. What a great atmosphere!

Thanks a bunch!
Good evening cblgr!

Yes, this forum is very addictive and it's always great to read what has happened throughout the day especially when someone gets good news.

You can order GCMS notes and they will/may have information of what is happening with your file. The link Chickie posted earlier today tells you how to go about ordering and paying for them. I have ordered my notes twice and there hasn't been a lot of information in them; however, some people get them and are happy with the results. For example, some of the information in them can be/is:

- when your application transferred from Canada to Kingston
- the statuses of the background checks
- notes from the vo about your relationship
- any emails you have sent to Kingston inquiring about your application
- etc, etc, etc, etc.

It's very important to remember that although there may not be anything in your notes it does not mean they are not working on your application. I was devastated when I ordered mine and there wasn't anything in them. :eek: Other members on this thread have said there was no information in their notes until the final decision was made and their spouses had already landed in Canada.

If you want to read more about GCMS notes, just do a search on the forum and a bunch of threads will pop up.

2 important notes:

1) your spouse has to sign the consent form (it can be emailed or faxed, you don't need the original) each time you order the notes. I had my hubby sign 12 of them - one for each month of the year so I can order them whenever I feel like it.

2) order the electronic file. (If you order the paper file someone in Kingston has to pull your application, make a copy, and then send you the notes.)

mismine

Mar 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
LANDED..........
One day soon
Hello Kingston forum!!!
My friend directed me to u I think she was one of the original members here she has been in Canada for three years this November :D she told me how much this forum helped her to get threw this process its nice to know I'm not alone on this agonizing journey.
Ive been reading some of ur stories and feel ur struggles I hope everyone will have there family's together soon and for those who have made it how wonderful that ur families are now together!!!

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
mismine said:
Hello Kingston forum!!!
My friend directed me to u I think she was one of the original members here she has been in Canada for three years this November :D she told me how much this forum helped her to get threw this process its nice to know I'm not alone on this agonizing journey.
Ive been reading some of ur stories and feel ur struggles I hope everyone will have there family's together soon and for those who have made it how wonderful that ur families are now together!!!
Welcome mismine...great group here, lots of advice and wonderful stories! I am just getting ready to send in hubby's application so I am at the beginning of the process. When did you submit your application?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mismine said:
Hello Kingston forum!!!
Welcome to our little fam jam, mismine! Please feel free to share your story with us! We love a good love story.

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Hola hola my peeps!

Welcome to the newbies!! You have come to the right spot.....

Just wanted to drop in and say hello...I've been keeping up to date on what's happening. Wishing nothing but good news of some sort for everyone this week.

Kingston.....we need to hear from you!!!

Nuff blessings :)

mismine

Mar 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
LANDED..........
One day soon
Thank you so much for the welcomes its so nice to meet you all!!

All our stories are so similar I filed my application on April 2 2012 and had my file transferred to Kingston on July 9 2012. I as of yet have heard nothing ecas still says application was received and nothing else Sad My husband and I meet threw mutual friends and have been together for seven years now and married for four this August I've been praying we would be able to spend this anniversary in Canada with my family since we have spent the last three in Jamaica with his but it's not looking good so far.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mismine said:

All our stories are so similar I filed my application on April 2 2012 and had my file transferred to Kingston on July 9 2012. I as of yet have heard nothing ecas still says application was received and nothing else Sad My husband and I meet threw mutual friends and have been together for seven years now and married for four this August I've been praying we would be able to spend this anniversary in Canada with my family since we have spent the last three in Jamaica with his but it's not looking good so far.
We're happy to have you join our family and we're here to support you through thick and thin. :D Keep your spirits up and you just may be spending your anniversary together in Canada this year. Fingers crossed.

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like we applied around the same time and the only reason I heard from Kingston is because I emailed them. Sometimes no news is good news! ;)

I'm glad your friend told you about this forum. The more the merrier!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
Maddants, they more than likely don't want you to do them before your interview. Since they haven't scheduled an interview date for you yet, they probably don't want to risk having them expire again. I know it's hard to be patient, especially when you've already been waiting so long...
i know that what they are doing sis.....i just think that they will ask for them by next month..im still praying for a ppr though but if the interview come first that good also...i just hope it will be soon though so i can get to my wife in canada....i miss her too much right now....but she soon will be coming down to see me by may sometimes..

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
mismine said:
Hello Kingston forum!!!
welcome mismine to our little family here.....do plus up a chair and sit back relax and ful joy the ride...hope you stay....give us your status please so chickie can add you to the spreadsheet.....

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Keke78 said:
Hola hola my peeps!

Welcome to the newbies!! You have come to the right spot.....

Just wanted to drop in and say hello...I've been keeping up to date on what's happening. Wishing nothing but good news of some sort for everyone this week.

Kingston.....we need to hear from you!!!

Nuff blessings :)
hey there sis....how is things coming alone with hubby...i hope that he is getting alone in canada alright....just to hear from you

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
mismine said:

Just keep praying and have faith in the Lord..when the time is right god will open his door up for him to pass thru...although i will be there to collect a toll fee still :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p........but everything will work out though

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
We're happy to have you join our family and we're here to support you through thick and thin. :D Keep your spirits up and you just may be spending your anniversary together in Canada this year. Fingers crossed.

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like we applied around the same time and the only reason I heard from Kingston is because I emailed them. Sometimes no news is good news! ;)

I'm glad your friend told you about this forum. The more the merrier!
that is what the cic officer told my wife.....sometimes when you dont here from them it a good thing but we all know that we want to hear something though...but no news is good news to and extent

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
kmah said:
Welcome mismine...great group here, lots of advice and wonderful stories! I am just getting ready to send in hubby's application so I am at the beginning of the process. When did you submit your application?
hurry and get your application out of your hands and into cic hands :p :p :p

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
kmah said:
I have a question....I am just finishing up my applications, marriage certificate should arrive by fed ex tomorrow and just realized that hubby didn't sign the police certificates. Will they return our application for this? Should I send it back to him to sign and send back to me? What a pain, but I want to get it done right the first time! Any thoughts?
i did not signed my police record at all and they did not send back anything to my wife....but i know when i do it over i will sure sign it though so i dont have any delay at all..when i was looking at my application copy that my wife made fore me i saw that i did not signed it at all and i told my wife about it though..but she was already approve to sponsor me though.....so it up to you on what you wanna do

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
kmah said:
I have a question....I am just finishing up my applications, marriage certificate should arrive by fed ex tomorrow and just realized that hubby didn't sign the police certificates. Will they return our application for this? Should I send it back to him to sign and send back to me? What a pain, but I want to get it done right the first time! Any thoughts?
i did not signed my police record at all and they did not send back anything to my wife....but i know when i do it over i will sure sign it though so i dont have any delay at all..when i was looking at my application copy that my wife made fore me i saw that i did not signed it at all and i told my wife about it though..but she was already approve to sponsor me though.....so it up to you on what you wanna do