AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
chickie72 said:
wow anyone remember the page numbers of all our stories and pics LOL
oh you all covered that already, i am gonna have to break out the wine and catch up on some reading later. PICTURES too whipeee i love a good picture show ;D ;D ;D

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
chickie72 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
thank you but for some reason when I go to pay it doesnt let me :( redirects my page hmmm got to figure it out :)

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolo1980 said:
thank you for the welcome
I guess my case would be considered a straight forward case my husband and I are childhood sweethearts date since age 15 we have been married for 2 years now and there are no kids involved. I left Jamaica 10 years ago but we continued our relationship long distance me traveling back every chance i get to be with him. We tried to get him a visitor's visa 3 years ago but was turned down (will that effect him getting a visa now?)
also being that I waited 2 years after marriage to sponsor him will that effect the application?
I am sorry i have so many question please forgive me
It is a positive on his behave that he tried getting a visa to see you 3years ago. And there are no time frame after marriage to file for your spouse. Non of those will affect you application in a bad way, itis actually positive and a good thing. They will have less reasons to question your relationship. Be happy :D

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolo1980 said:
we did put that on the application we also added a letter to our application explain that the reason why we took to file the application is due to both of us wanted to complete our studies before we filed the application.

to be honest we have been back on forth on weather he would come here to live or if i would return home to Jamaica. But i have come to love this country but i think with his degree in marine biology he would be easier to find a job here in Canada than in Jamaica, we do intend to return home one day because Jamaica has both our hearts
Wo that is awesome he is sure getting points for his degree on his application. Things are going to work in your favour, from what i am seeing you write you might not be lucky to get through withing a reasonable time frame.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolo1980 said:
thanks so much
if i email them will that affect my file any?
i don't want to email and then they were about to start my file and put me back at the bottom of the pile or something in that matter is that how it work?
MMM I really doubt that would affect your application. Be polite and it will go well. :p

tyldim

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17,2012
File Transfer...
oct 5 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 5 2013
LANDED..........
April 10 2013
chickie72 said:
See you covered all the bases......at least they know why you waited and that was a good reason to wait too! Canada is really all about sponsoring people with a good education also because their goal this year was to get more people here with good skills that can contribute to Canadian society and the workforce. Marine biology eh! Wow that is some deep S*&t! LOL

(Not skilled in the family class but skilled in the skilled workers and PNP programs I mean!)

Oh chickie your so funny!......deep is right....lol

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
I have a question....I am just finishing up my applications, marriage certificate should arrive by fed ex tomorrow and just realized that hubby didn't sign the police certificates. Will they return our application for this? Should I send it back to him to sign and send back to me? What a pain, but I want to get it done right the first time! Any thoughts?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
kmah said:
I have a question....I am just finishing up my applications, marriage certificate should arrive by fed ex tomorrow and just realized that hubby didn't sign the police certificates. Will they return our application for this? Should I send it back to him to sign and send back to me? What a pain, but I want to get it done right the first time! Any thoughts?
I can't help sorry I don't remember my hubby having to sign his? ? ? ? hopefully someone else remembers.

tyldim

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17,2012
File Transfer...
oct 5 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 5 2013
LANDED..........
April 10 2013
kmah said:
v

Hi , no you do not have to sign it. He already has his signature when he applied for it. Whe my husband did his that's what we were told, and I'm finished now' and they didn't ask for that . Hope I helped you.

tyldim

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17,2012
File Transfer...
oct 5 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 5 2013
LANDED..........
April 10 2013
Sorry for the typos ;)

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
yolo1980 said:
i don't mean to be nosy Nancy but do you all mind sharing your stories with me ?
I don't believe I ever told my story about how hubby and I met. While I can't post pics.....I have a crazy ex-husband that is causing problems for me at every turn, I am more than happy to share my story.

I was on vacation just over a year ago with my ex. 2 nights before we were to leave, we were in the pub at the resort we were staying at, ex and I had been fighting for 2 days already and I was about fed up, so I was kinda hanging by myself on the dance floor. This guy came up to me and asked if he could dance with me - very sweet and very respectful. At the time, I thought he was pretty cute, but didn't think much of it - after all, I was married. We danced for a bit and then ex and I left to go to bed. Next night, saw the same guy performing in the evening entertainment, realized that he was one of the entertainers, still thought he was cute, but again, didn't think much of it. Went to the pub after the show as it was our last night there and spent a good part of the night chatting with the cute guy and my ex. At the end of the night, we added each other as friends on facebook and I got his BBM pin.

When I returned home the following day, I added him to my BBM and we began chatting, but just a hey, how's it going type of conversations. The day after I got home from JA and after a very long and horrible 7 year marriage, I decided that I was finally ready to leave my husband.....I am sure that some of you are probably thinking, are you leaving one guy for the other.....no, absolutely not, without going into all the details, suffice it to say my marriage was over long before this, however, I have 2 young children and really struggled with the thought of not seeing them every day so I stayed longer than I should have. Over the next few weeks, new hubby and I began chatting more frequently and then started skyping. He was there for me during my separation and was the one person that I knew I could count on to tell me that everything was going to be okay. After a month or so of chatting and skyping, we both realized that we wanted to be together, so I booked a trip to see him in April. By the end of that week, I knew that I was in love with him and that he loved me. He knew me better than my ex husband did in 11 years! He treated me like I was a princess and made me feel loved in a way that I had never felt before. On the Friday of that trip, he asked me to marry him and of course, I said yes.

Since then I have been to visit him 7 more times, I took my parents with me once and they fell in love with him instantly - which was a huge relief to me as my ex and my family didn't get along at all. It has been a long road to get to where we are - many bumps along the way - from crazy ex husband's that refuse to sign divorce papers to health issues for both him and myself, but now that we are finally married, I can say without any reservation that he is the most wonderful, loving man I have ever met and I feel truly blessed to be his wife.

Oh, and I can't wait for my kids to finally meet him in person in 30 days for my 2nd wedding! YAY!

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
tyldim said:
v

Hi , no you do not have to sign it. He already has his signature when he applied for it. Whe my husband did his that's what we were told, and I'm finished now' and they didn't ask for that . Hope I helped you.
OMG, thank you so much, you have no idea how much of a panic attack I was just having!

tyldim

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17,2012
File Transfer...
oct 5 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 5 2013
LANDED..........
April 10 2013
kmah said:
OMG, thank you so much, you have no idea how much of a panic attack I was just having!

No prob. Nice story, hope you have your happy ever after!! :)

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awww thats a nice story wish u bith the best kmah i have a question tyldim did it take kingston 3 weeks get baq ur hubbys passport with visa