Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Actually Jamy, they have chinooks in Calgary during the winter. I lived 2 hrs away for 25 years and was always jealous when I went there, chinook is a warm wind that comes down from the Rockies and melts the snow. I lived in the Rockies in a valley and we never got any warm wind at all. The clouds would roll over and be a lid on the deep freeze. Go snow mobiling up high and +3 some days, -28 in the valley. You will love the area.
Take care my family. Still not tired of the seasonal bam, bam though.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
nae-nae, do not worry about the time lines as they are only a bench mark. We recieved our AOR dated Mar 8 and KG informed us in the letter that we will be informed in 6 months when the interview date will be, if required. May take longer but you really cannot go by someone elses time line.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks LCW... as i said also not everyone will wait 15 mnths. depend on individual circumstances or even the IO on your file. and some people have never left jamaica, no kids, so some cases are pretty straightforward.

i have a child, who wasnt born here in ja, spent time/lived, n went to school in other countries. so nuff tings fi look at. my stupid lawyer so mis-led us...if i was still going off what he told us i would be fuming. after the mp called we understood much more. i wouldnt recommend a lawyer to anyone.

srry to anyone who felt down about what my mp said about 15 mnths, in no way was i generalizing. circumstances difer

hope we all get some good news soon...

bless up

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey all...

i've skimmed posts from the last few days, but haven't read in detail, so excuse the lack of personals..

we're staying a good bit north, with family for a few weeks to let the kids finish school in an area they know a little bit, just to transition ourselves up here... (helps with the $$ too).... sooo i'm just getting back online (it's mobile internet and the mobile signal up here is no less than crap, so bear with me!)

our landing was uneventful... getting to and thru KIN was a bit hairy, but we did it... the stroller wouldn't fit thru the scanner and got a tour of the airport to get scanned someplace else... the immigration person was more concerned with the fact that they put the babies boarding pass in my name than she was with the fact that we overstayed by 3m... lol...jamaica is, as usual, a different sort of place.. KIN is a lot nicer than last time i was there... flight was pretty smooth (kids were amazingly well behaved)... initial immigration that we both go thru was very nice and polite and welcomed hubby... we didn't get called to customs (yay, they would have taken hours going thru our 10 very full cases + carryons)... immigration for my hubby was just a long line, that guy wasn't overly nice to him, didn't welcome him to canada, but it was quick and painless... they didn't give him his package or direct him to where to get it... i told him when he came out that he should get something, he asked and got directed to another room/table... got a (cheap) bag and a date book and a whole slew of flyers... it's good that they get something for our $1000+ eh?? lol... the guy who took the customs forms welcomed him (well he yelled in the line... WHO'S IMMIGRATING? (i thought for sure he was getting called to get searched)... when he said... "i am" , he said "CONGRATS, WELCOME" (really loud lol)) :)

my aunt was just going to come around to pick us up b/c she had a trailer on her truck to carry our disgusting amounts of luggage as she called it (lol), but she has a small bladder, so she parked and ended up running into us on her way from the bathroom... all worked out perfectly (except for the welcome home sign that we didn't get)..

hubby didn't see any of toronto outside the airport (which is mississauga).. we went to swiss chalet in milton and then headed north... he went to hanover today (only black person around, so he knew eyes were on him... but we discussed it and said that canadians will keep their stares much more inconspicious as compared to the country jamaicans who gawked at me for 6m)...

so that's that... we're hanging out here for a couple months but getting a vehicle next week, so we should be exploring the big city shortly... he's lived in london, so toronto likely won't seem big in anything other than space... but he'll enjoy it i'm sure :) it's just too bad the weather seems to be taking a turn for the colder right now... ah well...

hope everyone is well... i'll catch up as the weekend goes on and i have a chance... hopefully we'll hear some other updates SOON!

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
good for you chelley .........i am happy ... enjoy your new life

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
well i finally got my approval letter ....YEAH.

SO NOW TO JUST WAIT..how long does it take for kingston to send an acknowledgment letter?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
KMC.....It honestly varies .....You have to figure about 1 week for KG to recieve the full application from CIC...Some is sent electronically and some documentational proof by mail...

Now the AOR ....It can honestly take anywhere from 1 month to 4 months ...There has been cases where people havent recieved a AOR at all ...So be patient ...But generally and roughly speaking based on averages here it should be in your hand within the first 2 months ...

So congrats on the approval Now ur wait begins...wow i remember almost a year ago when you were asking question and you werent divorced yet ...Time has flew ...I hope ur applcation process goes fast!!

CONGRATS ..chelly on the landing ....lol....COLD...i dont feel bad for you one bit !!!! lol ....you have had that sunshine for months and months ...and i had to suffer cold ...lol ...jokes...BUT seriously glad you guys made it back safe ..I am just thinking and visualizing about you and hubby and kids trekking it through that airport lol...9 suitcases lawwwwwwwwwd that funny nuh RASSSS!!!! WELCOME home!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
welcome home chelley! ;D

glad everything went ok once you got here....I hope hubby is settling in ok as well as the kids. The weather has been a little chilly but hopefully it will warm up soon.

no worries soanxious - it just personally gave me a reality check, I can hope and pray it'll be done by 6 months but know that it can take 15. My hubby hasn't travelled anywhere and has no kids so I'm hoping it will be straight forward.

kmc - yay! you're one step ahead of me so I'll be following you lol i'm submitting my app in a week....just waiting for hubby to send some docs to me

have a good weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's here! :D

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
This is my first time on this forum so please be patient ;).. I am not familiar with some of the short abbreviated term....but am trying to follow along...lol...

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
HI anxious ....NP...so what is ur timeline like??? Have you filled yet?? Or planning on filling...So whats the scoop...

Here are the btreakdown of some of the terms we use here ...

AOR....Aknowledgment of reciept

PPR...passport request

PP...Passport

KG...Kingston Jamaica

CIC...Citizenship and immigration...

CPC...canada processing center

CHC...Canadian high commissions

So let us know k

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 med redo request received
Missingmybaby Oct 08 Awaiting Med Redo(ARC)
Sassy Nov 08 Dealing with ARC
MedRedo, Fees paid and submitted
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep PP Picked Up 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Requested Caips
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months

Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Contacted MP
Missinghubby April 09 Submitted Med redo-BF date May 16th
Stressed May 09 PP Request 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 Contacted MP
Confusedandscared June 09 AOR received(dealing with ARC)
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Selection Cert requested and submitted
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 PP Pick up 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 AOR received
Anxiouslyawait Nove 09 Org. Doc Requested and submitted
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 Orig. Docs Requested and Submitted
Angella Jan 10 AOR received
Canuck Feb 10 AOR received
KMC MAR 10 Sponsorship Approved
Iambless waiting to sen app off
NaeNae waiting to send app off
LCW waiting to send app off(dependents spn)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Thanks for sharing Chelly, glad everything went smoothly.

Welcome AnxiouslyAwaiting: Where are you in the process?

Happy Saturday everybody...Hope you are having a big LAZY one like me.

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
@ lonelycanadianwifey; Thanks, starting to feel at home already...

Submit application on November 21, 2009
Got Sponsorship Approval letter December 23, 2010
Application sent to Kingston December 21, 2009
My husband receive his Acknowledgement letter January 2010
Application started processing on January 13, 2010 (info on client service website)

February 6, 2010 he got a phone call requesting that he submit his B Certificate, M Certificate, and anything that we have in both of our names and he drop those off in two days.

No info since then and no contact can't get info by phone all it say online is that it's in process, you can't walk into the embassy in Kingston anymore they cut that out since March 2010.

I hope that no news is good news!

Letter sent to my Hubby stating that they receive the application Dec 29, 2009. And application takes an average of 6 months, but if he is required to come in for an interview then they will send him a letter two months prior to the date of the interview.

No letter of request for interview and it is now May 8, 2010 and according to their timeline 6 months will be June 2010,

These people are so unpredictable you never know for sure what they are doing, I don't want to get over confident and thinking it's a done deal.

Because one or two things it could meant that they are not going by that timeline listed and will still send a letter two months in advance for an interview.

or it means that they don't need an interview from him, and that anytime next month's they will write him or call him for his passport let's hope for number two because the anxiety is killing me. :(............has anyone had any similar experience..trying to keep hope alive. does the police record only last for six months..?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
OKay well sounds like your file is progressing normal ...Just know there is no way to fully know when they will finalize ur file..Averagly on this forum its between 7-14 now 15 ..I was aked for documents early on in my process and it took them 14 months to finalize..

Your medical is valid for 1 year your police record can be no more than 3 months old when Kingston recieves it..

Honestly just be aware of the processing times it may take less time and it may take more ...

Utilizing your Member of parliment and emailing Kingston and or ordering CAIPSwill be usefull during your process...Phoning Kingston isnt possible they wont give out information that way ...even if you get someone on the phone...

Basically there are 5 steps during the process..

A paper decison.....where they looked to see if all required documents are there

Selection..This is where they look at the marriage if it is genuine or not..If they need further documents like BC...MC...or any other proof your mariage is genuine like phone bills ...cards letters...joint accounts...if this at all is not suffient enough they generally would request a interview at this point..

Background/security checks.....This can take sometime,or very little time...If your spouse has left the island fro longer than 6 months then this can also cause a delay..

Medical..they look at reasults and if it is satisfactory

Passort request!!!!

Everytime the IO request something there is usually a bring forward date added to your file of 60 days ..This means they do not go back at look at your file usually until that exact day or just a lil around then ...

And BTW that statment about it being around 6 months is very generic..and honestly is false statment...TYhe processing times are posted on the CIC websight ...

30% get through in 7 months ...and the 80% of people get through now in 15 months...Just take this process in stride and remeber that is can come fairly qquickly or drag on longer ...It depends on alot of factors IO, any file issues ...yadda yadda..But sounds like things are going fairly nice...Hopefully it wont be much longer

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Anxious, my time line is the same as yours and my spouse have yet to received a call for original documents, and the time line they mentioned of six months is fast approaching. We are just keeping our fingers cross, as this process is becoming rediculous. How can these people keep us apart so long? I was speaking with my hubby the other day, and i said to him that it seems to me that these IO want to promote infidelity. We are wife and husband why should the spousal sponsership takes this long? They need to do something about this immigration timelines, well this is my opinion.

Hope everyone is having a great low key saturday