Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
chelley - it's COLD!!! only 10 C today and going down to 1 C tonight. Tomorrow it's supposed to be up to a balmy 13 C....I think I'll get out my bathing suit for that lmao NOT!!!

only 1 more week to go? wow! time flies....your kids will be leaving kicking and screaming lol they seem to love it there

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good afternoon

Anxious...sounds just the same as mine...it is almost like they are programmed to say those things. I got the same reply when I asked too and I also have not gotten a reply from my email sent to KG 2 weeks ago. Things are very hard for hubby right now and he is really getting down with the process taking so long...Yams are not selling and times are really tough, I can't believe that KG can sit on a file and just make us wait if everything is in order!!! It just doesn't make any sense to me but then again...neither does that Immigration Judge ...such an abuse of where they work and what they do!!

So work is going ok...they are breaking me in slowly with half days...tomorrow is my first full day. Lots of stuff to learn, not sure I am up to the challenge..but going to do it anyway.

Chelley..I don't know about TO ..but here it is flipping cold and they are calling for snow tonight!!!! :(

COMON KG....GIVE US SOME UPDATES!!!!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey soanxious - great to hear from you again. My sentiments exactly re: useless lawyer. I did more proactive work on our file (including catching errors & promopting hubby to pay RPRF vs. delaying) - and the lawyer did nothing but cost us a ton of cash. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The only time you could use a lawyer is when you need an appeal or if there is a language issue that causes confusion on the application and process.

I hope you guys hear an update sooon.

Rosemel - sorry hubby is down. It's tough. Mine was up and down but the day we got the good news, everything just faded like a bad memory. So I pray that time comes for you soon too.

It is way too cold for my taste right now in T.O. brrrrrr. I hear it's going to get warmer over the weekend but may see rain. Oh well ... april showers.... you know what they say.

Where are all the updates JA? come on.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys I need your help. ASAP

My friend seems to think her new man has been married before!!
And better yet sponsored by a woman who married him, yet he says he was sponsored on a workers VISA....

HOW CAN I FIND OUT
A. If he was ever married???
B. If he came here on a spousal sponsorship????

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Hey everyone - Greetings my Sisters! ;D

Mi deh yah, poco poco. Nuttin nah gwan.

Snow? Ottawa has snow! It didn't stay on the ground long but still SNOW! :eek:

Don't get me started about KG's office. Man oh man, we went in March and were there for 3 hours and there was one receptionist talking on her cellphone and then other "people" (I won't go so far to say workers because Lawd knows i didn't see them do any work!) would come out and talk with her. meanwhile there's like 40 people waiting. It didn't seem like that "New Serving" screen worked until about an hour into our 3 hour wait...

How many KG updates did we have for this month? The month is almost out they must want to crank out a few cases this week.

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Soso...

Ok I am an open-minded type but my big question here - why would she sponsor someone she doesn't trust? I don't think there's anyway for her to find out if he's been married before unless 1) he tells her or 2) immigration canada finds out and denies it due to that reason.

First off, if he lies on his application - he will not get through - so why would he do that?

But back to my first comment. If she doesn't trust that he's not lying ... I'd suggest she not sponsor him. Just my opinion though ... don't shoot the first girl to respond :)

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry - one last thing. I'm not 100% sure but if you had a suspicion as to where he may have gotten married, you may be able to check the registry office. not sure if marriage registration is open to the public or not.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Homesoon, thanks for the reply however I did not ask you what you thought about the person or anything about trust nor did I say she was going to sponsor him. I was not looking for opinion here, I was looking for FACTS.

Plus the person is not sponsoring her man. Her man is here already!!!! but he was originally sponsored.This is what I am trying to figure out. Someone's past is their past.. you can't change that and what he choses to tell her is one thing, the truth is something I AM QUESTIONING... What I asked was???

A. Is marriage a public record?
B. Can someone like me, just a norman person ever find out if someone has been sponsored before? And if so under what class?

You would think marriages would be public no?????

See the thing is... he says he was sponsored by his cousin on a work Visa...
but he stayed... and now is a Citizen..... Is that possible.... can you get a PERM WORKERS VISA??? Then become a Citizen.... ????

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi All,

soanxious... nice to see you girl... long time since u popped on here!

sooncome - I dunno if i read Soso's story the same as you did. From what i read soso's friend is with a man who is in Canada already supposedly on a skilled worker visa, but her friend believes that her man was actually married before and was sponsored by his x wife to come to canada not on a skilled worker visa as mentioned...

I dont think you can find out if a person has been married before. I couldnt see how someone could find out if i was married or not if I never told them. There must be some sort of protection to that kinda information here in Canada. I dont know what its like in JA.. if this fella is even from JA

To the rest of ya'll........ hope to hear some news from KG soon... i keep checkin and checkin and checkin to see an update!

Jamwifey and Chelley holding dung the forum! love that!

I too agree that there is no need for a lawyer unless there is an appeal......... even the immigration lawyers are not as reliable as we are on here... but then again most people dont find this forum until after... then there are the lucky ones who do...

SOSO - my girl.... mi miss yuh!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks KC, the reason why I think you can is cause you can search for land titles.. why not marriage certificates....??? I may need to ask an expert

KC........ mi a hubby a come to the B-day jam... Believe dat.... wait until you see my belly... already gettign FAT FAT FAT

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Okay.. thats what i though...

1. no marriage is not a public record

2. when you fill out the forms to be a PR applicant you have to write down any persons who you wish to have permission to receive news on your file. I cannot imagine just any and anyone can find out that information. I doubt it.

From what i know... someone correct me if i am wrong. When you are on a work visa you do not get sponsored by a family member.. you get "sponsored" for a lack of better word by the company. Someone who worked on the Farm such as LCW hubby will be able to 100% confirm this for you. Once you are no longer working for that company you have x amount of days to either get a new job or leave the country.

Also, from what i am aware of you cannot sponsor your cousin? unless they fall under a select list of reasons .. such as age, no next of kin, adoption, refugee etc etc etc.

Sounds like some serious BS to me... but i am no psycic.

LOL SOSO is back to her PI ways again............................. mi hire u fi sure if mi eva have a suspicion!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whooh.. note to self. No personal opinions allowed. yikes

Good luck to soso's girl....

to everyone else - all the best. I'm off for a few weeks and will pop in and out - and for sure share the landing story. From what I've read, shouldn't be very eventful.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Yay! So glad that you and hubby a come to the b day jam... long time since we nah link up... hubby has gotten over a lot of things since then...lol.. him nah fret fret about the things him fret bout before so that will make for less tense times LOL... dont tell him i said that tho hehehehe...

cant wait to see the belly... i wanna rub it fi good luck - still no sign of nothing on my end...!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
when you say land titles do you mean you can search to see if i am a PR?? interesting.. i need to get my darn citizenship one of these stinkin days!

Also he would have to be here for longer than 3 years to become a citizen ... so the man has been here for a while then.............

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KC .......... girl you make me laugh
You see her BF had FB... and one day it disappeard cause his EX baby momma wrote a nasty letter on his wall saying... you only see your daughter when you want and you nuh pay... then she wrote... to think I was dumb enough to marry your ass!!!

So I saw this note before he deleted his FB, and I have not told her cause, I don't want to stir the pot.... but it never made sence to me that he was here on a worker and his cousin sponsored him.... then he became a citizen in 2008.
The think is the baby momma has never been to JA, so I know if they were married, they were married here!!

I knew you guys would lead me in the right path...... If he was a skilled worker... then he would not have been able to stay all this time and apply for Citizenship right??? makes sence for her to marry him as there was a child.... ray ray

SOSO PI to di whurllllllllll