App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Not really yu know LCW I have read and read a lot of posts to get a general Idea. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones who can get my hubby here this year.... Just here having faith

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
okay well stick around and share your UPDATES with us....officially there is 3 or so for 2010 ....keep faith that is important

My process for my hsuand took 14 months ....he is here now ...now i have promised all whom are on our forum some 20+ people that i would stay around for there day...

Well i truly hope that you do not have to wait as long as some have ...

Stay around and keep in contact

Bless

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy sunny saturday everyone. Boy is the sun decieving ya think it was so warm outside.
Angella thats good that you switched to "in process" so fast. We sent ours last April and they never switch nothing till Aug finally says it. Only it was started processing Aug 25/2009 don't know what they do with his file. Nothing since sept. So I just pray for everyone to get through this waiting and can move on with their life.
Off to work ppl have a great day. :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
SoSo...

so good to hear your mom is okay and that your family has been brought closer by this... sometimes it does take a (near) tragedy to make people see just how precious what they have is... take care of you and your mom!

Angella...

I see you did your medicals in June but didn't file until January? i hope hope hope you get thru quick like we did b/c medicals will expire after a year... if june comes around they will need to be redone (maybe if june approaches, you can proactively contact kingston for a medical redo form?)... but hopefully that won't need to happen!!!

HF... no idea what they are asking for? what did you give them in the form of showing your relationship is genuine? maybe they don't think it's enough? or maybe your file has been pulled for a more complete review randomly? at least you know they're working on your case tho!!! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's just a quick check.... good luck!!!

hey rosie, maple, glo, canuck, lcw, homesoon and everyone else lurking... jammy where are you???

baby is fussing... must go...

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon all, you were right loneynomore, HF just filed this year, says 09 but that is a typo. Angella, HF and I are all quite close in time.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Highly flavoured..

This is standard proceedure with CHC ..You are in step 2 of the process and that is called selection..Your IO determines wether or not ther require originals of any documention provived in the application..That would include birth papers marriage licence ,proof of relationship ...yadda yadda ..thing is when you submit the application you are not suppose to submitt originals only photocopies...thus the reason for them asking for those originals (some IO's work differently) hence some whom were never asked.. You are fairly early in the game but we have all concluded with all whom have joined us here background checks can be fairly quick and they can be fairly long...all in all next step will be background checks once you pass selection...

Yea angella....if your med was done that far in advance you are going to look at a delay if they do not finalize your application b4 it expires...Meds are only valid for 1 year from te date they were done.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
We decided to submit originals of everything it didn't specifically say photocopy of in the checklist (there seems to be a discrepency between the top instructions (send photocopies) and the itemized list which states photocopy of ... beside most things but not all... If it didn't say photocopy in the list I sent originals... The only extra document we were requested to submit was a copy of our newborns bc (he was born the day after we submitted)... I would suggest those applying put in originals of applicants bc, marriage certificate and any items you have to support relationship (flight stubs ect) ... You will get them all back and it might take time off your processing...

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Yes, they had called (thankfully) while I was in JA. They called the 10th and we handed everything in on the 15th. Basically they asked for the original marriage cert., any insurance or joint bank accounts, western union reciepts, letters, cards and pictures ures. So we gave them most of that except for bank accounts - as we don't have that yet. So hopefully that is that.

I updated my typos. Not sure where my head was at with all of that! :)

Soso I'm glad to hear your mom is alright too.. What a scary experience.. Bless God for His mercies!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Highlyflavoured - glad to hear that timing worked out and you were able to submit everything requested. Sounds like your file is moving along quite well - comparing to others and how long they had to wait before they were requested additional documents/originals.

To everyone else - wow, I'm a little panicked. Reading another thread on ARC refusals which have me very worried :(
This couple has been together for 4.5 years, married for 2.5. He was an overstay in Canada (she's a Canadian citizen) - they declined the ARC and said she should relocate to Mexico.
I sure hope our IO can understand why it wouldn't be good for our family to relocate to JA. Seeing our daughter is 14 and never known another country - and I'm working in an executive position.... hoping they'd see that we couldn't just up and leave our life here. Wow - devastating if they came back with something like that.

Anyhow, I'm going on and one ... guess I shouldn't panic and just pray things work out well.

The good news? It's a long weekend next week! love how Im already thinking about next weekend. So I'm praying we'll get a few updates this week to end the month on a bang!

homesoon

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Homesoon

I honestly think its normal to fret so much...lol ...that is all i do ...But here is what i think you are fine...your husband will come home K!!!

This is internet forum stuff so peoples stories are not 100 detailed at times ...no one can know 100 percent the real story...(people always leave stuff out)...lol the way of the world girl ....I have never took other forums expirience 100% because everytime someone comes back with the same expirience it is totally different ...

You and ur hubby have been married for years he has spent half of his life here ...and has a home a daughter and assets here...i wouldnt worry none at all ...from what i see immigration moved quite fast with your application ...with the interview and the request for a ARC ...so dont worry looks to me they have your entire families best intrest at heart ...okay !!

please relax and breath..it will all work out ...truss mi ....just know what god leads you too , he will also get you through !!!

Yourself and me as well and .... Like other ladies here whom have had there husband here on canadian sole b4 the Sponsorship it is hard to have them gone ripped away ...never knowing when they will come home ..you have 14 years of marriage...me and hubby have been together for almost 7 years married for 2 (lol) i think ..so it is very hard...put your trust in god , your marriage and believe me youll be fine

I truly wish you all the best , and may god bless your beautiful family and bring you back together asap!!

keep your faith STRONG!!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
homesoon...

i too read that thread and it's unreal... i agree, there are some details not provided because it just doesn't add up to me... why would the I/O come out and say that they are declining before the interview even starts?... something is fishy there... the person seems to be very determined to fight it, i hope they are successful, but i wouldn't compare your case.... (hard i know!)

morning all... i need to get up and moving... got to wash uniforms and get them on the line!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Sunday!

LCW - you know what? You are SO right. I never thought about it but I am sure it's true that we won't be getting 100% of the story from everyone posting. that logic just put my mind to rest - so thank you :) ....

Chelley - uniforms on the line :) .... I wish I could say the same. My daughter would be wearing popsicle pants if I tried that today.... it's brrrrrrr cold!

Quiet quiet around here these days. I'm thinking this could be a slow week too with preparation for the long weekend (AMEN!).... but who knows?

I'm trying to find my motivation too. My daughter had early soccer practice and she's now passed out beside me on the couch and the soccer match on TV is watching her :)
I love teenagers. We had dentist appointments yesterday and she went first. When I came out, she's fast asleep sitting up in the waiting room! Oh to be young. haha... wait, my husband can do the same thing too ;D

Ok ladies, enjoy the day and let's keep praying for more updates this week!

thanks again and again and again for the support
Homesoon!

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ME again! Anybody noticed the processing times went up as of March 26th. grrrrrrr

30% - 7 months
50% - 9 months
70% - 13 months
80% - 15 months

I guess their case load has increased - yet again. :(

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone..

just wanted to say a quick hello before I pop off to work...hope everyone is doing well

Soso, glad to hear your mom is going to be ok! :)

everyone else stay strong! Good news should come this week for someone!!! What a nice easter gift that would be! :))

have a good day everyone!

lonely,congrats to hubby on the job :)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Good Morning to all you lovely people.

So Sorry I bailed on you guys last week. To tell the truth I just crashed. I have never felt so depressed in all my life. Spent every night curled up in a ball crying my eyes out. Its really hard seeing everybody living their lives when yours is on pause. I always try to stay positive on here thats why I stayed away.

I am a little better now having the long weekend coming up and our family reunion also. Just hanging in there and trying to stay strong.

Hubby and I decided that if we hear nothing by the end of April we will start emailing KG, ordering caips and applying for a temp visa.

Enough of me moping.

SOSO: Hope your mother gets well soon.

Lonely: I am doing ok. Just had a momentary break down.

Chelly and Stressed: So sorry I didnt make it to the meet up. Hope you guys had a good time.

Well hope KG squeeze a few more through before they go on break. And I hope they are working on cutting down that timeline.