Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Thank you Chelley, NOMoreLCW and Homesoon ;D

E-Cas still says "We started processing February 1st". At least the train is moving - Give God thanks & praise for that.

Keep the faith ladies & gents. It's your hope and positive attitude that makes it easier for us that are just starting to get our feet wet with this process. :D

Here's to KG cranking out some applications this week to make this Friday not only GOOD Friday but the BEST Friday.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Morning

Geesh ..processing times went up ??? Bwoy them never mention we gyals them from 4 months time huh !!!

Dont get it!!

Jammy okay i was just checking !! I hope ur good ...You know it pains me to see that ...because that was me ....14 months of hell ...It is hard i know ...But it does end ...some sooner than other but it does have to end ...you will be here with hubby soon girl ..I hope you continue to feel better..

Hatewaiting Welcome back from JA

Well stress deh pan JA soil ....wooooi...i was talking to hubby and we both miss JA alot too...Just aint the same inna canada ...tru the resouces them an wuk good ...but nuttin beat Bright ever so sun .....nyam sweet mango and orange ....dumpling yam ..dasheen ....oooh man...Oh well plan a trip and we a go roun summer time :):) so it a go we love JA bad bad

Anyways ladies and gents lets hope for some UPDATES this week !!!

We need them around here ...lawwwd

ash82

Mar 27, 2010
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this thread, but am also waiting on the Canadian Embassy in Kingston. We have an application sent in last sept, received in kingston in Oct09, AOR received Oct09, and ECAS was updated to "In Process" as of Nov11, 09. If you want to read about my history a little, I created a recent post titled "Guidance Concerning Conjugal Partner Application Please".

It is so nice to read success stories, and I am so happy for all of those who are reunited with their loved ones. It is also nice for those who are waiting, to share our experiences and give each other encouragement, it really brightens the long wait.

I can't wait to share more success stories!!! :)

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome Ash82! I will read up on your story - but so happy to have a new forum family member.

This month has been slow ... but we had a great start to the year. Hope we'll be hearing regular updates from you too now.

homesoon ;D

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Welcome Ash...I will add you to our little updates list.

Our timelines are pretty close.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
welcome ash, you will enjoy this little family and you are welcome in it. we will read your story as you will read ours

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ash... ok so this is a new one for me. Conjugal partner. Hmmmm. Ladies/Gents - do any of you recall if we had any of those applications through JA in the last year? I don't remember hearing of any - but then again, my memory is horrible.

Sounds like the advice you're being given on the other thread is to do a smaller less formal ceremony. I just find it sad. If you want to get married YOUR way, I wish you could. But, I can only imagine that it won't be as straight forward of a process than if you were married.
Whatever route you decide to go, we're here to support you.

You go down there every 2 months! wow. I went 3 times last year and felt like a jet-setting celebrity. lol. Can you pack me in your suitcase one time? Do you ever go through Hassels in the airport. Just going down 3 times in one year, we were stopped (my daughter and I) and questioned. And we're the most normal looking folks in the plane! haha.. Maybe it was the lack of tan :)

If my husband doesn't get good news soon, I'll have to consider yet another trip down. We miss him but its so hard with my daughters high school schedule, soccer, work .... etc etc... not to mention money. I'd much rather get good news and buy him a one-way ticket.

Jam - I so know how you're feeling. Last week was horrible for me too. It was our anniversary - 14th. It was sad. BUT there were a ton of people feeling blue last week. Maybe a combination of life and weather? hmmm. I am glad you're feeling a bit better. Just know that soon you will be rid of this painful waiting and celebrating. *insert virtual high-five*. Seriously, it's tough. Don't feel bad about being down and out. Take breaks when you need to ... but also don't be afraid to bring your blues on here .. maybe we can cheer you up.

I think we need a joke! Haven't had one posted in a while... or better yet, a da*n update!

ok JA is quiet - yet again.
homesoon

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Thanks Homesoon. I just lost it last week for some reason. I try to keep it positive on here so that I dont drag everybody down with me. You guys are great and if It wasnt for you I would prob break down a whole lot more.

I don't think there has ever been a conjugal case for Jamaica on the forums. This is a new one. I am curious to see how that goes.

One a big bright note...Come what may I will definitely see my hubby in Approx. 62 Days. YYAYYY! I cannot wait.

Canuck: How many days till your BAMARAMA? :p

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi all........ hope all is going well for everyone! Came on to see some updates but looks like kG is slacking... and whats with the longer approval rates now... jesum.........in the words of my hubby... kiss mi rhatid neck bak.

Welcome Ash to the forum.... great place for support and advice...

no we have never had a conjugal partner out of the kingston thread.... to be honest with you conjugal partner is one of the HARDEST to get approved.... you pretty much have to a really really good reason why you cannot get married... those reasons would be such as "gay marriage is not an option in either one of our countries and we have never lived together to be concidered a common-law".... there are many many many other reasons why someone would fall under the conjunal catagory...

I have not had the chance to read up on your situation due to lack of time but I am sure there is a reason for why you have decided to go with conjugal partnership route and I wish you the best of luck.

i cant remember who was asking what selection decision was I think it was Glogirl... but that is where they decide if your relationship is bonafide... this is one of the first steps. Glogirl i hope your not asking because that is what they are doing right now on your file....... all 1 year and a half to get to that stage.. CHO

highlyflavoured... welcome back girl... echoing LCW... that is reletivly standard to ask for Original Documents... i say reletivly because boy KG can sure throw a curve ball every once and a while... I think its great that you have already been asked for those documents!

Jamwifey... i notice on your update that you need to update flava to asked for Original Documents :p dont mean to be boasy LOL.. or bossy... whatever :-* . Glad your feeling better girl... we all go through that sour grape depressed stage... as i said i think its actually indirectly healthy... we are humans and we are programmed to have some serious emotions.. and sometiems they get the better of us... sometimes we need to lock ourselves up and bawl tears, sometimes we need to go out with our friends and get froshed out.... sometimes we need to call up hubby and wifey and beg fi attention and that extra bit of love...sometimes we need to say no, i cant do this no more, i hate this, my life sucks, ray ray and tay just to snap out of it and say to ourselves... mi mad... i love hubby and wifey and nothing NOTHING will come between us. i love that your open about it and just be real with yourself that yes.... this is crap... but it wont be forever... in due time!

Canuck.. wha gwan bredrin... still super jelous about the JA link up... lol... now i know how all of yall felt when we linked up.. and that was only at Mandarin Garden LOL

LCW - the simple life.. LOL... made me think of those two twiggaz on the tele... simple life is good... lost my phone on Friday so it got even more simpler.... just been staying out of trouble...

Soso, stressed, maple, missing, missing, ldk, rosemel, glo, kmc, peace, hatewaiting, helpme, Angella, Kimore, Chelley, Everyone else... BIG UP YA PRETTY SELVES.... :-*

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
lol @ bamarama... what them ribs bwoi!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
All right boss lady...It fix ;D

Yes me good to go again back to my old self! 8)

mizzy

Sep 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2008
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
16-03-2009
File Transfer...
31-12-2008
Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Had to go back to work to get caught up on a week's worth of posts...naughty corner for all of you whose minds just headed for dirt!

Saddened that the updates have slowed to almost non-existent!

For sake of time (like I said, I am at work), I will send a general welcome to the newcomers, a trust me this too will pass for those finding it difficult to stay positive and a hope all are happy and healthy very soon for all the illnesses and tragic occurances.

So yes, hubby landed 3 days early...but not really. Turns out his ticket was booked for the 18th all along not the 21st. He convinced my best friend who is a travel agent to assist him and she brought my mother into the loop. So the itinerary I received was a fake and my poor mother and best friend had an agonizing 4 weeks of keeping it from me.

He had intended at just showing up at the house, but was convinced that they could get me to the airport under false pretences, which they did.

Hubby said his immigration interview in Pearson was like 30 minutes and the old guy interviewing him kept saying my name wrong so hubby kept repronuncing it and spelling it to the guy. The map he had downloaded off the net to get him around Pearson worked like a charm. Worst part was the long plane rides. He preffered the smaller plane that brought him to the prairies over the large airbus from MBJ to YQR.

Okay, lunch is over, I will have to pick up later.

precious40

Mar 21, 2008
Ok just reading some of the post and SO SO very sorry to hear about your mom I always say you don't have to watch your driving it is the other idiots on the road you got to watch.

Also any one who is talking about sendind originals in there applications I guess they must have missed my post about how a box of applications went missing in between Mississauga and Kingston and that box included all my step childrens applications so I am glad no originals were in there cause if they loose them you will not get them back if they do not find them witch is the case with mine and the delay to try to get the originals to resend would not be good.

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the update Mizzy. I think if my hubby came home early I'd die! .... of shock. lol
So glad to hear all went well and he made all the flights etc.