Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
HAPPY WEDDING DAY
SAMMYSTORM!!!
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST!!!!

Trudybuff

Oct 18, 2012
I'm just checking in to to let everyone know that I still havent heard anything about my application it was mailed out the 2nd week in October from Saskatchewan. I seen that some woman say its should only take 42 days so I guess I just need to be patient. Tick tock[size=25pt][move]

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Trudybuff said:
I'm just checking in to to let everyone know that I still havent heard anything about my application it was mailed out the 2nd week in October from Saskatchewan. I seen that some woman say its should only take 42 days so I guess I just need to be patient. Tick tock[size=25pt][move]
If the site says 42 days and you mailed it out the 2nd week in Oct, you should hear something within 2 weeks. When I applied it was 87 days and I got approval on the 89th day.

Trudybuff

Oct 18, 2012
So I have an additional question. What happens when they recieve it? Will they send me a letter saying that my application has been recieved? Will it have a file number on it? so I can check the status online. Or will I just have to wait until Mississuga send the letter stating I've been approved for sponcership? SomeoneHELP

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Trudybuff said:
So I have an additional question. What happens when they recieve it? Will they send me a letter saying that my application has been recieved? Will it have a file number on it? so I can check the status online. Or will I just have to wait until Mississuga send the letter stating I've been approved for sponcership? SomeoneHELP
You will probably get an email with a number that you can check.. it's something like this

"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012*******

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

Then they may either send the approval by email or mail.

This is an AOR

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Welcome to the Kingston forum Trudybuff.

It moves fairly quickly from the time you find out that your application has been recieved to it being approved at CIC-M. I found out my app was recieved on a Monday and recieved an email with an attached approval letter the day after however it can take up to two weeks from receipt to approval. I wasn't able to access my eCAS until later that week on a Saturday as I guess it takes a bit of time for them to update your info.

Also, based on my experience and others, the processing times on the CIC website are fairly accurate. Hold tight.

Trudybuff

Oct 18, 2012
Halfmoon said:
Welcome to the Kingston forum Trudybuff.

It moves fairly quickly from the time you find out that your application has been recieved to it being approved at CIC-M. I found out my app was recieved on a Monday and recieved an email with an attached approval letter the day after however it can take up to two weeks from receipt to approval. I wasn't able to access my eCAS until later that week on a Saturday as I guess it takes a bit of time for them to update your info.

Also, based on my experience and others, the processing times on the CIC website are fairly accurate. Hold tight.
:DThanks for the information Ladies I'm so happy I finally have someone to ask my question too, who is going through the same situation I am. It's a good feeling!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Agree Trudybuff...This thread goes back many years so it's full of info, some may be relevant and some may not be as there have been changes to processes and forms. Good luck on your journey.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
The positive energy running through this room is vanishing. Charlie I would like to say a million thanks to you for your guidance and intelligence as far as the immigration process is concerned. I did not know how to log on when I was going through this process. But I was able to come on here and follow your advice and encouragement and believe me it helped in prevent some terrible mistakes. At time I use to doubt you credibility as far as your status was concerned. I thought you were an undercover immigration officer because of how patient you were with your own process. It took me five years to be able to sponsor my hubby. A long process interrupted by various set back but once I put the papers through it was done in 7 and a half month. Thanks to Charlie advice(i.e) knowing when to send the landing fee, where to mail the payment, understanding that it is important not to bother those guys too much with questions on your file. Knowing that as long as you are away from your partners enjoy that time because the honeymoon will end and real life will begin when they join you. My husband and I are together 6 years and we have our fights. I feel bad for some of you here who are on cloud nine now. Some of you barely know your husband and vise versa. enjoy the journey because the real work is ahead. Dont we all love our Jamaican men? Well also know they are not toys are push-overs. They are so sweet and loving and in awe of you now. Make sure you know that when the real livity of canadian life set in and your boo can spend eternity on the phone with you like he use to do or he fall asleep before he gets to tell you how beautiful you are.. it all a part of the game. Canada kills romance but living in the same space can either brings closesness or rip people apart. I love my man but the transition was not easy. It is hard work

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
frankfield said:
Where is Charlie?
funny I was thinking the same. Charlie is the best! I too was wondering if she was an undercover at first lol maybe she got fed up with all the drama on here like some others & decided time out. Well, charlie wherever you are your missed but if you've had enough you've done WONDERS for me & a LOT on here. Best wishes & thanks!

I agree with FRANKFIELD marriage is beautiful but takes a lot of work my hubby is also my friend.

Royal Lolly

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
20-12-2012
frankfield said:
The positive energy running through this room is vanishing. Charlie I would like to say a million thanks to you for your guidance and intelligence as far as the immigration process is concerned. I did not know how to log on when I was going through this process. But I was able to come on here and follow your advice and encouragement and believe me it helped in prevent some terrible mistakes. At time I use to doubt you credibility as far as your status was concerned. I thought you were an undercover immigration officer because of how patient you were with your own process. It took me five years to be able to sponsor my hubby. A long process interrupted by various set back but once I put the papers through it was done in 7 and a half month. Thanks to Charlie advice(i.e) knowing when to send the landing fee, where to mail the payment, understanding that it is important not to bother those guys too much with questions on your file. Knowing that as long as you are away from your partners enjoy that time because the honeymoon will end and real life will begin when they join you. My husband and I are together 6 years and we have our fights. I feel bad for some of you here who are on cloud nine now. Some of you barely know your husband and vise versa. enjoy the journey because the real work is ahead. Dont we all love our Jamaican men? Well also know they are not toys are push-overs. They are so sweet and loving and in awe of you now. Make sure you know that when the realness of Canadian life set in and your boo can spend eternity on the phone with you like he use to do or he fall asleep before he gets to tell you how beautiful you are.. it all a part of the game. Canada kills romance but living in the same space can either brings closeness or rip people apart. I love my man but the transition was not easy. It is hard work
WOW! Talk about bubble bursting. I am not sure about everyone else but I don't think that thinking negatively about our future lives with our husband is very uplifting.
Although I understand what you are saying and there is a big difference between having a long distance relationship and a full-on living one, I also think that if you start with negatives vibes before your partner even gets here, then you are already setting yourself up for a failed relationship. Negativity breads negativity! I don't think any of us on here think its going to to be champagne and roses for our lifetime but I personally would like to think that my husband will love me as much in the future as he does now, knowing full well that the parameters of the relationship will change but only due to physical circumstance. Honeymoon phases are in all relationships and a long distance relationship is no different. I also think that the strength that is needed by all of us to survive this Immigration process is something other "normal" relationships do not have. I think that the communication I have with my husband is far greater than if he were here. That is the foundation that will help us through the other challenges.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Anywayyyyy..... Yawwwwwwwn...

Good morning everyone RISE and Shine!!!

Cold up o'er here in the T.Dot this am. Now here's a game I'd like to play. It's called ONE by ONE....PPR ONE by ONE!!

Kingston we ain't botherin y'all, we're not harrassing y'all, we've given y'all lotsa space to do your thang now we wan see some RESULTS!!

Royal Lolly

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
20-12-2012
chickie72 said:
Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing.

if you read this part it seems like what we all believed was not right.....I always thought the processing time was from when the VO received it but here it says from the time it is approved by CPC Mississauga.....
Hi Chickie,
I think they are talking about the 2 different applications within the application. It's a bit confusing. I believe the 16 month figure is calculated from the time you submit your full application (sponsorship & pr). Whereas the the 6 month benchmark they are talking about in the letter to Maddants wife is from the time Kingston gets your file.
Still good news tho as I originally thought the 16 months was from the time of full application and even tho I find it hard to believe, this goal of finishing 80% of the files in 6 months is till good news. :) :)

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Royal Lolly said:
WOW! Talk about bubble bursting. I am not sure about everyone else but I don't think that thinking negatively about our future lives with our husband is very uplifting.
Although I understand what you are saying and there is a big difference between having a long distance relationship and a full-on living one, I also think that if you start with negatives vibes before your partner even gets here, then you are already setting yourself up for a failed relationship. Negativity breads negativity! I don't think any of us on here think its going to to be champagne and roses for our lifetime but I personally would like to think that my husband will love me as much in the future as he does now, knowing full well that the parameters of the relationship will change but only due to physical circumstance. Honeymoon phases are in all relationships and a long distance relationship is no different. I also think that the strength that is needed by all of us to survive this Immigration process is something other "normal" relationships do not have. I think that the communication I have with my husband is far greater than if he were here. That is the foundation that will help us through the other challenges.
Totally Agree here. Depending on the level of "arguing", I think differences in opinions are healthy from time to time and not to mention a good whoop ass into gear is mandatory. No two people will EVER be in a relationship/marriage without a few doses of arguments. This allows couples to grow stronger and appreciate eachothers individuality even more. I wouldn't want a Yes man and I don't think any man wants a Yes woman.

I don't ever recall viewing my husband as a toy nor pushover. If that's what women are implying JA men or just men are in general, well then Surrre...don't be surprised if the dragon a blow fiyah pon yuh backside!! If a man is sweet for 2 years or more straight and doesn't come down from that sweet high, then you're married to a robot. No way anyone could be sweet 24 hours a day for several years straight. Real Talks.