WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Question for everyone/anyone???
My husband received an email from CIC back in March, acknowledging receipt of his application in Kingston. Has anyone's spouse in Jamaica received that during their experience, can anyone help me understand what that signifiies? I thought at the time it meant the case was finally assigned to an agent, but here we are in July and still no word from them.

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Good beautiful morning fam, it's a hot one today ???

Welcome to all the newbies, may your waits be quick and painless. I'm still fresh myself but love love love this forum so much. I don't see me ever leaving LOL

Congrats to everyone who has rec'd some news with their application!

Come on KNG let's hear some good news today, we have lots of families waiting to be reunited ;D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning!

So nice to "see" everyone this morning! ;D

Ali, start looking at flights, if you don't have a date in mind already!

FLK, that's fantastic! If I'm reading you correctly, hubby got an email from KG saying his application was received?! Could it be that CIC is moving to electronic means of delivering Acknowledgments of Receipt (AORs)?? If so, it would be great. I know plenty here NEVER got an AOR from KG, we have to rely on eCAS to say they have actually received the file, and we all know how reliable KG is at updating eCAS consistently! ::)

I participated in a survey about eCAS some months ago, and when they asked for comments I let them have it with both barrels about how basically useless it is as a tool for keeping clients up-to-date on the progress of their files, especially when there seems to be no set, consistent standard across VO's for updating the thing. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only person who pointed out faults with how eCAS works, and so maybe they have listened and are trying to move to being more proactive.

For example, I asked what was the point of us giving them email addresses when offices like KG never seemed to USE it for anything. I pointed out that if I had to guess, I would say at least 98% of their spousal files contain active email addresses, (how else would the spouses stay in touch?) and yet KG ignores this easily-available tool and relies on the very unreliable Jamaica Post! They also almost never send AORs, and yet since these are form letters, how easy would it be to just email someone and say "We have your file"!

Anyways, sorry to go on, but really I'm hoping from what you said FLK that CIC is listening to their "clients" and trying to step up, especially at offices like KG.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
WHOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALI BABY YES YES YES YES PROGRESS ME SAY ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

CLEEBRATE GODD TIME COME ON.......... so happy for ya baby ....hubby sooon come quick times loves it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D gots me smiling from ear to ear a whehh you say brap brap brap......
happy friday all....
lets all pray that cic really gets there gears in grind and give our girl anada something this to celebrate in her time of sorrow.....
congrats to all the movements going on
jamaicasgirl check you in box
blondie this is our time things a go start happen soon .....you will see
CHARLIED ....glad to see you are enjoying canada ...

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD...yes it's great that hubby got the AOR, BUT that was back in March. Shouldn't we have heard something by now? He is also immigrating with a son does that automatically make the process slower? I'm taking your advice and sending the request for the GCMS. I should request the electronic version right??

Thanks again for all your advice and encouragement.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
ready_fi_move_on said:
WHOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALI BABY YES YES YES YES PROGRESS ME SAY ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

CLEEBRATE GODD TIME COME ON.......... so happy for ya baby ....hubby sooon come quick times loves it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D gots me smiling from ear to ear a whehh you say brap brap brap......
happy friday all....
lets all pray that cic really gets there gears in grind and give our girl anada something this to celebrate in her time of sorrow.....
congrats to all the movements going on
jamaicasgirl check you in box
blondie this is our time things a go start happen soon .....you will see
CHARLIED ....glad to see you are enjoying canada ...

Can't wait ready! They gat me going crazy checking every minute but I know it's coming! ;D Still waiting on snail mail to. :(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
firstladyking said:
CharlieD...yes it's great that hubby got the AOR, BUT that was back in March. Shouldn't we have heard something by now? He is also immigrating with a son does that automatically make the process slower? I'm taking your advice and sending the request for the GCMS. I shoudl request the electronic version right??

Thanks again for all your advice and encouragement.
Yes, request the electronic version of the notes. You will need a consent form completed by your husband authorizing you to request the file notes, it does not have to be an original, he can complete it and scan and email it back to you.

No, you wouldn't necessarily have heard anything by now. KG saying they have the application means only that, nothing more. Trust me, this is a process with its own individual time, as individual as your relationship. The addition of the child MAY cause some more time to be required as well, because they will evaluate any evidence you sent of the other parent's consent and whether it covers all the necessary legal ground or if they should ask for more.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Thnx to all!!!!

ready....you kill mi!!!!!! :p

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD...got it! I will need to resend my request then because I did not think I needed consent given I'm his wife. Will need to do that.

AliCat...I'm checking out your timing and I seem to be exactly two months behind you every step of the way, with any luck I hope that means we may get a request for passport this month. Did you have a child on your app as well or only your spouse?

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
good mornining family
so i am hoping you all can help me out here
my step sister is planning her wedding in jamaica for next may right now
we are trrying to find a venue to keep it at .... she wants to do it in the ocho rios area? does anyone know of any wedding planners/business in that area that plans weddings .... she is extremely busy and cant travel back and forth so she is trying to find a hotel and venue that basically does all the leg work.... any help would be appreciated
thanks ;D ;D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Lots of hotels in the area with wedding planners. There are 2 RIU properties, a Sandals, a Beaches and two Couples. All will have wedding coordinators who do the leg work for you if you provide the paperwork and stay at the property for a minimum number of nights (I think it is 4 or 5, depending on which resort).

There's also wedding planning services in town if she uses a smaller property without their own on-site wedding planner, such as http://www.weddingplannerplus.com/Testimonials.html.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
I got married in the Ocho Rios area in 2011. I've also stayed at quite a few hotels in the area in my travels back and forth to visit my hubby. Here's some info that either I used personally for my wedding or hotels I've stayed at.

Royal Decameron, will do a good job for her a moderate budget. They have an outdoor gazebo and have built two new gazebos seaside for weddings. It's in Runaway Bay, but very close in proximity to Ocho. The food there is great, the nightly entertainment everything about it is quaint and nice.

If she has a lot of money to spend, then she could do Mamee Bay RIU, or better yet Jewels. RIU is simply consistent.

She needs to remember that most hotel options want you and your guests to stay at the hotel in order for you to take advantage of there complimentary wedding packages.

We got married at Cranbrook Flower Forest, absolutely stunning, if I could show you my pics.
We used the wedding centre in Ocho Rios called BJ's Bridal Fantasies:

BJs Bridal Fantasies
Shop #4 Santa Maria Shopping Complex
Main Street, Ocho Rios
St. Ann, Jamaica
www.bjbridalfantasise.com
Phone: 876-974-6798
Fax: 876-974-2175

St Ann is the Garden capital, she should be able to find so many venues, tell her to keep her eyes open. Also she could consider renting a villa and having the ceremony done there.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Luuk said:
Welcome newbies, (im still a newbie based on my posts) but I have being reading all the valuable information on this site for so long that I don't feel like one. I am only sorry that I did not find this site before we submitted our documents. I also want to encourage everyone waiting, I know how difficult it gets, especially when everything seems to be at a standstill. We sent our documents and they were returned to us. We did what we were asked and sent them back ASAP. When the file was received in KNG, I was asked to submit additional information. It got frustrating at times, the waiting isn't easy, but eventually it all worked out.

So r u all ready for an update???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I have received my passport and will be landing soon. :)
So Jamgirl, you should be next!!!!!!!!!
God bless you all.

OMG Congrats to you. That is wonderful to hear!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good afternoon everyone. I thought I would pop in and give you all an update. Hubby has been running up and down since Tuesday morning, working on getting birth certificates and passports done. Running back and forth between baby mamas and JP's LOL he is beat by the time he gets home at night about 8pm but a so it goes. Today I spoke to him and he said something about having to go back to his son's school to get a teacher to sign something and then back to the JP again (truly still have a hard time understanding my husband after 3 years lol) he is hoping someone is at the school since school is over for summer now. Fingers crossed. Next week if the birth certicates come thru he can go onto the passport office and do the same.

I do have a question though, if my original app only had us bringing his daughter up with him can I change that to bring his son also (since my application was sent back to me anyways?) We figured if we add him on now, then it will only be another $150 dollars and he will be medicalled too instead of a year down the road and having to pay $750 and another medical again? We originally didn't have him on the app because hubby had lost touch with the mother and son and we were not sure if she would allow him to come but hubby has spoken to her and she is ok with it.

Congrats on everyone with new updates also!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Hi Chickie,
If you don't declare the kid on the app now he will not be able to apply for him in the future. So better you put them on it whether they are coming or not and get the medical done so if in the future you do choose to apply for the kid then you can.

Erica