waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
Good morning forum fams
Happy hump day ….
Thanks so my much for the info that all of you have provided for me
Right now I guess the only thing I can do is wait to get a decision from the Sudbury tax office to see what they decided ….got another letter from them yesterday asking for reimbursement of my ostc payment for February so I am not sure if they have not received the info I sent yet or if it is that they have made a decision and decided that I am no longer eligible and want there money back …either way is fine with me as long as it does not affect my husband and step daughters paperwork with immigration
Ohhhh sigh I wish I knew something……Lord give me strength this waiting is driving me crazy
Big congrats to those who have updates and for all those who have pending reuions congrats big time happy for you all
With every family that gets reunited it gives the rest of us hope

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Amanda, as long as you send the letter to them declaring world income, ignore the letters they send you. They will adjust it accordingly. It may take them more than a month to update their system and recalculated.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Mrslwsn said:
Jamgirl- let me be honest with you, as a (poorer class) Jamaican, it is literally told to us from we were small farrin is the promise land, everything is better, there is so much money, there is all the materialistic things you would want in life are in farrin. Farrin meaning UK, US and Canada. It is ingrained in us, that if you marry a fariner you will get papers, they will mind you etc etc . This attitude often unfortunatly affects legitimate love. It also can be percieved that way from others who arent J'can either. Straight up, even I feel it still. Sometimes me and my friends will be like yuh kno seh ah papers him ah look, or what not, but I also tend to look at the broad picture, like why is a 20 yr old man with a 49 yr old woman....lol yu understand. Reality is, people will always have that ignorant outlook, but dont let it get to you, take pride in the fact that YOU know what is what, YOU know your love is real, YOU guys both share that beautiful baby etc, so F dem.

You are not the only one. I never yet have sent my husband money. Not once. When he was making more $$ he used to send it to me, and I would have him send it in a male friend of mine name (just cuz he was able to collect it faster than I was) and this girl a few years ago literally traced me gone to bed about how I am minding my man in Jamaica instead of buying things for my kids, and all I could do was laugh. We were even talking about her the other day and my same male friend was like look how stupid she is, I seen it, collected it witness it first hand for myself how your husband sent money to you, and we dont know of ANYONE as J'cans that usually get money coming from yard. Assumption is a hell of a thing.

That being said I am still weary of SOME yardies that marry farriners, but instead of judge on a whole you have to look at the broad picture. It is too bad that some scammers ruin it for all the good. ya get mi?
Am hearin ya fi tru...

I am aware of the mindset givin at a young age. Funny thing is... my husband never really wanted to leave jamaica. He is really close with his family and he dont want to leave them behind. Originally I was going to move there, as that is where i would rather be as well. I did move there but I had to come back for reasons here beyond my control. We never talked about him moving to Canada much in the first year we were together. It wasnt until I had to come back here for an extended stay during my pregnancy that we started to discuss it.

The day after our wedding, a girl that we knew from the hotel, but who had been fired for scammin... came to me and tell me she believe my husband only marry me for farrin... I was so vex.. I just tell her she need to leave.... from dat day, I realize I am always gonna face that mindset, no matter where I go... sometimes it is simply breed from jealousy and sometime it is just there from long time. All I can do is prove them wrong and be happy. At least that is all I intend to do.

I just hate it tho... They act like my marriage is not real. That I am not entitled to the same as them. When I want time off at work to travel to my husband they act like I am taking ANOTHER vacation to an all inclusive resort for the 3 rd time this year... "Must be nice!"... I tell them all the time that if my husband lived in some hick town in the middle of nowhere they wouldn't say those things.... they all go home every night to their husbands so they dont get it...

Anyways.. hopin for hubby's phone to ring... I must be drivin him crazy lol... if he call me in the afternoon first thing i am askin him is if he get a call... he always say he would be tellin me before i can ask if he do lol...

Thank you....

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Jamgirl said:
Am hearin ya fi tru...

I am aware of the mindset givin at a young age. Funny thing is... my husband never really wanted to leave jamaica. He is really close with his family and he dont want to leave them behind. Originally I was going to move there, as that is where i would rather be as well. I did move there but I had to come back for reasons here beyond my control. We never talked about him moving to Canada much in the first year we were together. It wasnt until I had to come back here for an extended stay during my pregnancy that we started to discuss it.

The day after our wedding, a girl that we knew from the hotel, but who had been fired for scammin... came to me and tell me she believe my husband only marry me for farrin... I was so vex.. I just tell her she need to leave.... from dat day, I realize I am always gonna face that mindset, no matter where I go... sometimes it is simply breed from jealousy and sometime it is just there from long time. All I can do is prove them wrong and be happy. At least that is all I intend to do.

I just hate it tho... They act like my marriage is not real. That I am not entitled to the same as them. When I want time off at work to travel to my husband they act like I am taking ANOTHER vacation to an all inclusive resort for the 3 rd time this year... "Must be nice!"... I tell them all the time that if my husband lived in some hick town in the middle of nowhere they wouldn't say those things.... they all go home every night to their husbands so they dont get it...

Anyways.. hopin for hubby's phone to ring... I must be drivin him crazy lol... if he call me in the afternoon first thing i am askin him is if he get a call... he always say he would be tellin me before i can ask if he do lol...

Thank you....
My girl..I get that AND I'm a J'can AND I have never been to a resort in my life. When I go home, we run out of water, have to wait for wata truck to come, eat chicken back and suffer, for years we have no cable and (hope jps isnt monitoring) but wi have to teef current because jps refuse to put in light post where my house is, so I dont know nothing about hotels, or tourist life or anything of the sort and ppl tell me the same thing, so yu see, perception and assumption is a hell of a thing. Just laugh, it's all good..

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Hi Fam's, Happy "hump" day...that sounds so naughty...hmmm can't wait :eek:

Anyways get my mind out of gutter...

Here's the thing, some people are just mean spirited, some women are plain ol' triflin, and family is just that family, their only concern is for our well being. It used to bother me BIG TIME when I would hear comments and assumptions...now I just laugh it off...I got caught up for a minute on a few rather "pathetic" message boards and let it bring me down, since then I have said adios to them. However i must add not everyone on the board had something negative to say, but when you feel like you are under scruitiny the entire time, not very welcoming.

I like being involved and the feeling of being a part of something, so it's nice for a change to be part of something positive, thanks to all of you fine folks.

For the women that send money, for the women that don't- it's really nobody's business, how much how often?- nobody's business...you do what you feel is right for you, sending money is not a crime. If the money helps in a difficult situation or is required at a time of need, it's nobody's business but your own. I once made the mistake of disclosing that information on a message board and Lawd I tell ya, If they could have stoned me they would have.

This little family we have going here, we have already made a decision, and have done what we believe is right on our end, we are all in the same situation and at the mercy of immigration (for the time being).

God is great, he will guide us and protect us through this journey.
And if farrin is a promise land -which it was for me coming from a war torn Country, I pray that my husband will embrace the opportunity and change and freedom it will allow him.

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
It s heartbreaking to hear some of the thing you ladies have to go through. It's easy to say "Ignore them" but in reality it still affects you, even if its just a little.

There are narrow minded, obnoxious, ignorant being that exist in this world. They pass judgement without knowledge and are just plain rude. There is young lady I go to School with, about a year than myself, she has been with a 'white' man almost twice her age however it's not the relationship people think it is. They have been together for years she never ask him anything, they don't even travel, they stay at home. She got pregnant, they have a beautiful daughter, 1 year old right now. She took a semester off and when she came back it was to a blast, people threw hateful words at her, called her a b!t^h in the middle of her class. Because they feel she 'deh wid ole white man fi money' (which he doesn't make that much of). But what took the bullet was when they started throwing shots at her baby. And I think if you don't speak to someone, you don't know what they have been through, how dear you!and even if, Its None of Your Business!

Ladies just remember you have a love, which is far more beautiful and extraordinary than their dull, loveless, boring lives. And when people talk about me, I like to think am that importatant that they feel they must sit and think about my life...lol.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Mrslwsn said:
My girl..I get that AND I'm a J'can AND I have never been to a resort in my life. When I go home, we run out of water, have to wait for wata truck to come, eat chicken back and suffer, for years we have no cable and (hope jps isnt monitoring) but wi have to teef current because jps refuse to put in light post where my house is, so I dont know nothing about hotels, or tourist life or anything of the sort and ppl tell me the same thing, so yu see, perception and assumption is a hell of a thing. Just laugh, it's all good..
Really? wow, none of us are safe from badmind are we. lol. We don't stay at a resort when I am there. We stay at the house but have on a few occasions stayed at a resort for a night just for a treat. Our wata shut off all de time an when it do come it is in th emiddle of the night so we rushin ta trow in laundry jus fi hang it on da line in the mornin... we have no cable either but gratefully have never had a problem with electricity. most times we have gas fi di stove but have run out and made a fire at da back of da house fi use. All that, and I would rather be there than a hotel any day. That is my home now. I love it there and I don't miss Canada when I am there. I even have had people here ask me why I call that my home. they say its not, its my husbands home not mine. really? i thought what was mine was his and vise versa... they dont get it.... even if you mail it to them they still dont get it lol...

Most times i do laugh and take it as their jealousy. i know my relationship is good and strong otherwise we wouldnt make it through this. Sometimes I wonder if that is what they are jealous about. THeir husband is here and they are worse off?

I agree with Suki, I love being a part of something and being involved. I love coming here and relating to everyone and know that I am not being judged or hated on... thank you for that...

Ok, havent heard any updates today!!! Let's go Kingston!!!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
No one safe from badmine.
Not a peep from dhl for us unfortunatly..

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Good evening everyone,

How was your day?

Short week this week..wondering if Kingston office is closed Friday and Monday like us over here?

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
lovehasnoboundaries said:
Good evening everyone,

How was your day?

Short week this week..wondering if Kingston office is closed Friday and Monday like us over here?
Definatly closed. Easter is big holiday.

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Mrslwsn said:
Definatly closed. Easter is big holiday.
Ok, cool. Hey mrslwsn have you ever rented a car while in Jamaica? Who's the best company to go with, what's the process...do they want a G license like up here? Or is G2 ok?

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
*I usually fly into Kingston

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good evening all!

I see we had another heart-to-heart day, good for us! It is much better all around to talk about some things, get it out and know that those listening understand and then move on, isn't it? Ladies, all I am going to add to today's discussion is: live your lives, and do the best you can to ignore people so busy hating your life so they don't realise they are spoiling theirs!

Hellllooooo, KG, we don't hear from you yet this week, tomorrow is it! Then you can enjoy your nice holidays and we will spend some of it giving thanks for all you have done too! ;)

LHNB, never rented a car, my husband and I take the bus, grab a taxi for short trips, or family gives us a ride or lend us a vehicle if they have one and can spare it. I do believe you need a full driver's license though, they won't accept anything below that, because of the insurance.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
I dont drive in Jamaica, and my husband has a car and we from Mobay :) Maybe Charlie would know. I am sure g2 or g is fine, but I dont suggest you drive down there unless you are accustom to handling the roads n traffic..
We rented a car years ago, but for the life of me i cant remember...I think it was called payless just like the shoes store lol

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet