waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
dancehallvid said:
hello guys.just a little update.i pick up my visa today ;D so dam happy.its finally over.just wanted to wish er body good luck.kingston is really moveing.
blessings my yute...glad yu time come.

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Congratulations dancehallvid..you're at the end now!!! woot woot!

@Jamgirl--what's up girl, how you been?

Thanks Charlie for the info. paid the fee online and will send off receipts...still praying that April is my month!!!

Good evening to all, has anyone seen any good deals to JA from Toronto lately?

Bling

Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Omy thanks so much Charlie he was like not sure if I'll do that... Mi jus talk wit dem ppl when i come. I'll feel much better knowing that he gets what he needs while he is still in ja.

Good luck Suki tomorrow... let us know how how goes

As for the flight OMG 1 hour Charlie it took me and hubby 5 hours last night to decide. Between work schedules, flight prices, arrival times and family it was a struggle but a little give and take on both parts and date set. April 23rd @ 3:15 hubby will be landing in Toronto, its going to be a crazy week let me tell you but at long as he's here I'll deal with what ever the good lord has in store for me.

@Suki I'm so thrilled and excited that my hubby will finally be coming so we can begin our life together in Canada but I'm oh so nervous. Its been said how big of a change it will be for the ones leaving Jamaica but in reality both of our lives will be completely changed. Plz don't get me wrong i'm so excited for the change but nervous at the same time. I want to make sure he is ok and that he enjoys his new home but in the same sense I wish that we could live in Jamaica. I love it there so much.

Anyway Congrats to EVERYONE who has got updates!! The journey will honestly be up before you know it and I know that sounds silly but it will. :-*

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Bling said:
Omy thanks so much Charlie he was like not sure if I'll do that... Mi jus talk wit dem ppl when i come. I'll feel much better knowing that he gets what he needs while he is still in ja.

Good luck Suki tomorrow... let us know how how goes

As for the flight OMG 1 hour Charlie it took me and hubby 5 hours last night to decide. Between work schedules, flight prices, arrival times and family it was a struggle but a little give and take on both parts and date set. April 23rd @ 3:15 hubby will be landing in Toronto, its going to be a crazy week let me tell you but at long as he's here I'll deal with what ever the good lord has in store for me.

@ Suki I'm so thrilled and excited that my hubby will finally be coming so we can begin our life together in Canada but I'm oh so nervous. Its been said how big of a change it will be for the ones leaving Jamaica but in reality both of our lives will be completely changed. Plz don't get me wrong i'm so excited for the change but nervous at the same time. I want to make sure he is ok and that he enjoys his new home but in the same sense I wish that we could live in Jamaica. I love it there so much.

Anyway Congrats to EVERYONE who has got updates!! The journey will honestly be up before you know it and I know that sounds silly but it will. :-*
really agree with those statements Bling...I feel the same...I had no say in coming to Canada, and my heart never leave JA, but the economy with the amount of kids I have is very very tough, and I think the strain would really be hard on me n my husband, so it best he come here, but lord am I nervous that he is not going to be happy, and guilty it because of me he is leaving everything he know n love. Worse as an adult it is much harder than how i came here much younger, kids adapt.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
lovehasnoboundaries said:
Congratulations dancehallvid..you're at the end now!!! woot woot!

@ Jamgirl--what's up girl, how you been?

Thanks Charlie for the info. paid the fee online and will send off receipts...still praying that April is my month!!!

Good evening to all, has anyone seen any good deals to JA from Toronto lately?
Hey LHNB, I am good... been hanging back a bit... Last week was our first wedding anniversary so it was a hard time. Just trying to sit and be patient but findin that my patience is wearing thin... no actually its gone! lol... totally gone! Made room for hubby, bought him some clothes (had bought him winter clothes hoping he would be here sooner) but now got some shorts for him the other day... a so it go. I got a job promotion so I celebrated that for about 5 minutes til I got sad and realized I would rather have hubby here instead. Its just taking its toll on me. Im finding it harder to manage with just me and the kids and no hubby. On Sunday, the battery died in my truck. It left me stranded in another city about 1 hour away from home. Luckily I had friends in the city that let me and the kids stay the night and help me get it running the next day so I could return home and replace the battery. Hubby was sick that he wasn't here to help us. Its all the little things just adding up.. I try to come on here and be my best positive self and also because I really enjoy everyone else's positivity too. So Im sorry if Im sounding so negative. I am sure Im not the only one to be frusterated at one time or another during this process and I understand that. Just havin a pity party and Im the guest of honor! lol...

Really happy to see KGN approving everyone in a timely manner. It truly does give me hope. I am happy to see all your happiness when you find out that you will soon be reunited with your loved one(s). I can't wait to tell my story as well. I am sure it will be soon for me. I keep tellin myself that anyways. lol...

Well tomorrow is HUMP day! lol... I'll just leave it at that...

xx

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LOL, Bling, if you only knew what a record an hour is for us. Usually we make up our minds quickly and the discussion is over, because we think alike on so many things. This time we needed an hour because he wanted to book something immediately if not sooner, and I had to be giving reasons for why it's best for me to clear certain things out of the way first. Not to mention I told him it can take KG up to 3 weeks to return a passport, his answer to that was to book something 2 weeks down the road and put the itinerary in the passport to show them I have to leave by then, haha!

I am almost ready to be excited. Now that the PP is out of my hands and this one last step for KG is left, I might actually let myself relax.

Congrats to dancehallvid on another speedy process! Way to GO, KG!!

Jamgirl, everyone has their moments during this process. If time away is needed, no-one will condemn you for taking it. And I think we all understand what you mean by it being the little things that really get to you. Hang in there, come in when you feel up to it, take it easy when you don't. Just don't isolate yourself too long, it can actually make things worse when you feel like you are enduring this all alone. Remember, no matter what our timelines, everyone here has walked some miles in your shoes. If it pinches you, we know how it feels. :)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Thanks Charlie, I know everyone here understand my feelings. So glad to be in this forum and not be condemned for how I feel, right or wrong. I love my friends and family here, but they don't really understand this as none of them have really gone thru anything like this. Even had co-worker get in my face today and I couldnt believe what she said. Long story short, the girl shorted me a half hour of pay for her own selfishness and I was upset about it. She tried to tell me that a half hour was no big deal and I exclaimed that it would feed my kids a meal, so yes it was important to me. She turned on me and said if that was the case, then maybe I shouldnt send any money to Jamaica...

Seriously, my husband is recently unemployed.. I never sent him money while we were dating... regardless, so if her husband was to be in a situation with no income, is he gonna sit and watch her eat while he has nothing???

Bottom line, I am so sick of people that stereotype my relationship because they dont understand it, or know anything about it...

Sorry to rant! I promise not to bring anymore negativity here. Sorry...

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Jamgirl said:
Hey LHNB, I am good... been hanging back a bit... Last week was our first wedding anniversary so it was a hard time. Just trying to sit and be patient but findin that my patience is wearing thin... no actually its gone! lol... totally gone! Made room for hubby, bought him some clothes (had bought him winter clothes hoping he would be here sooner) but now got some shorts for him the other day... a so it go. I got a job promotion so I celebrated that for about 5 minutes til I got sad and realized I would rather have hubby here instead. Its just taking its toll on me. Im finding it harder to manage with just me and the kids and no hubby. On Sunday, the battery died in my truck. It left me stranded in another city about 1 hour away from home. Luckily I had friends in the city that let me and the kids stay the night and help me get it running the next day so I could return home and replace the battery. Hubby was sick that he wasn't here to help us. Its all the little things just adding up.. I try to come on here and be my best positive self and also because I really enjoy everyone else's positivity too. So Im sorry if Im sounding so negative. I am sure Im not the only one to be frusterated at one time or another during this process and I understand that. Just havin a pity party and Im the guest of honor! lol...

Really happy to see KGN approving everyone in a timely manner. It truly does give me hope. I am happy to see all your happiness when you find out that you will soon be reunited with your loved one(s). I can't wait to tell my story as well. I am sure it will be soon for me. I keep tellin myself that anyways. lol...

Well tomorrow is HUMP day! lol... I'll just leave it at that...

xx
Hey girl,
I feel ya..it is very hard!! What I think makes it harder for us is that there is no word, no regular updates to tell you what's going on. After awhile the whole process takes a toll on you--that's just the truth--no matter how much you try to keep busy. I have my up and down days but the seperation is really getting to me too.

Happy anniversary darling and congrats on that promotion too. I liked to hear that you were making room for hubby...you're working by faith and that's always good! I think it's important to be honest with your emotions because we're real people and although no one wants to "cut the vibes" on the forum I find this group to be a very supportive and understanding one. Remember when smoothies got real and was talking about the difficulties of her hubby settling in Canada and how it just opened up a whole discussion where everyone could be honest about their concerns and fears???

I know many people talk about "positive energy" and putting out what you want to get back and I believe that you do draw back to you what you put out "love your neighbours as yourself" as the good book says, but my complete trust is in the Lord Jesus Christ and one thing I know for sure is that he knows what is in our hearts, which means we don't have to hide anything from him. The one thing upholding me through this process is being able to cast my cares on the Lord because I know he cares for me and that has made the world of difference in my life! Everything happens in God's perfect timing.

Bwoy, this thing can look like a longgggggggg road but I am hoping that once reunited with our loved ones, this period of time will feel like a fleeting moment...

Thinking about you Jamgirl and all those still waiting to exhale lol

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Jamgirl said:
She turned on me and said if that was the case, then maybe I shouldnt send any money to Jamaica...

Sorry to rant! I promise not to bring anymore negativity here. Sorry...
Jamgirl, I am so proud of you, because if it had been me, when I open my right hand and box her, her head would spin right around. God has blessed me with many things, unfortunately a tolerance for "facety" people is not one of them! Out of order, badminded wretch! Some people's children! :mad: However, as I said, kudos to you for responding like a reasonable adult!

It's one thing to say the process is taking a toll on you, it's another to constantly bemoan your circumstances when this was a choice you made of your own free will. I can honestly say, I don't see any negativity in your expressing your frustration and indignation, especially when people try to take step of you because of the little they know about you! All I can say is, keep on keeping on. Like LHNB says, this is a phase in our lives that will seem like a fleeting moment someday!

BASHA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Interview........
NO!!!
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
18-05-2012
Good Night People,

Jamgirl... I TOTALLY understand how u feel. Some days my tears seem like they can't stop flowing but given my situation (pregnant) I really have to take it easy. I agree with LSNB, I look to Jesus for strength especially on thoes days that seem like I'm never going to make it. Since I found this forum it has uplift me and given me hope that I never had before. I probably will never see u people but in my heart you all will be cherished 4 ever. Lean on what gives u strength. Its not easy, but by the grace of God you are going to look back and say THANK YOU JESUS!

Good Night

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
All I can say I keep reading alittle bit at a time to catch up May God shine his light on all of our lives! GN all and stay bless loving it here this forum is like a little getea away good vibes!:)

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Thank you for your support! This is truly the hardest thing I have ever done. I was never educated in any of this immigration information and have been learning a lot as I go... I thought it would be a breeze... I was so ignorant to the process.... by the time I learned that hubby and I probably qualified for a conjugal application, our wedding date was 3 months away and so I felt better to be safe than sorry and wait to apply under spousal...

When I sent the app, hubby and I thought he would get approved and be here by about May... but once KGN started gettin the lead out, I started getting excited that our time might come early... I think that, coupled with all the little things and the long wait are just playing on me. YOu know how a holiday will pass or a special occasion and your sad about it but you say to eachother, "this will be the last one apart"... well, (I know some of you, or all of you, can relate) we are now going on year 2 of saying this. well we don't really say it now, cuz we are too scared too... :The biggest part of this is our son... My husband is missing so much of his young life... luckily, he took his first steps in Jamaica, right to my husband... and his first words were "daddy" said right into the phone to my husband, and also his first tooth broke thru the day before our wedding in Jamaica... so he didnt miss out on those things, but its also his everyday learning and discovering that my husband misses out on. his facial expressions. the funny things that happen sporadically that you cant catch on camera. Nothing prepares you for this. Yes it was/is my choice, but I so had no idea how this would feel. That is what "others" dont understand and take for granted!

I know I am in the prairies and a large selection of members are out east, but I am very interested in meeting everyone. some how, some way. If you are interested too, feel free to say so or to pm me...

Thank you for the guidance. Thank you for the respect.
Bless up Forum Peeps!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Jamgirl- let me be honest with you, as a (poorer class) Jamaican, it is literally told to us from we were small farrin is the promise land, everything is better, there is so much money, there is all the materialistic things you would want in life are in farrin. Farrin meaning UK, US and Canada. It is ingrained in us, that if you marry a fariner you will get papers, they will mind you etc etc . This attitude often unfortunatly affects legitimate love. It also can be percieved that way from others who arent J'can either. Straight up, even I feel it still. Sometimes me and my friends will be like yuh kno seh ah papers him ah look, or what not, but I also tend to look at the broad picture, like why is a 20 yr old man with a 49 yr old woman....lol yu understand. Reality is, people will always have that ignorant outlook, but dont let it get to you, take pride in the fact that YOU know what is what, YOU know your love is real, YOU guys both share that beautiful baby etc, so F dem.

You are not the only one. I never yet have sent my husband money. Not once. When he was making more $$ he used to send it to me, and I would have him send it in a male friend of mine name (just cuz he was able to collect it faster than I was) and this girl a few years ago literally traced me gone to bed about how I am minding my man in Jamaica instead of buying things for my kids, and all I could do was laugh. We were even talking about her the other day and my same male friend was like look how stupid she is, I seen it, collected it witness it first hand for myself how your husband sent money to you, and we dont know of ANYONE as J'cans that usually get money coming from yard. Assumption is a hell of a thing.

That being said I am still weary of SOME yardies that marry farriners, but instead of judge on a whole you have to look at the broad picture. It is too bad that some scammers ruin it for all the good. ya get mi?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning!

Jamgirl, Mrslwsn is very right. People make all kinds of assumptions about you as soon as they hear that your spouse is from somewhere else. They don't know anything except that, but they feel they know all about your life and have some kind of right to judge you. You have to learn to stand above them and all the drama and gossip and ignorance they will try to bring to you. Don't let them drag you down to their level. Best thing to do with people like that is ignore them and live your life happily, it burns them, LOL.

That being said, it is a glorious Hump Day, and KG has taken the brakes off and getting some work done! Although, boy that one young lady in the office yesterday looked like she could use some help! Hopefully everyone else was busy elsewhere toiling on our files! ;) NNNNNEEEXXXTTT!!

Have a marvelous day, all!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Exactly @ Charlie...GOOD MORNING ALL..

Its a sunny day here in the TDOT..that being said...

weh mi man visa deh KG??? lol