File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
AMANDAWOOD said:
LHNB
QUESTION the right of permionent residence if you do not pay that up front can you pay that at anytime after you sent in your appliction or do you have to wait for them to send you a request ??????????
holy cow.... I am just a bucket of questions today ....
Hi Amanda!
It is strongly suggested to send in all fees when submitting your application to avoid any delays, but if you weren't able to, you should send it in as soon as you can. I have read people mention on the forums that when they request your passport if you haven't paid the RPRF fee yet, they will send a letter requesting your sponsor to pay it..but I'm trying to jump the gun to avoid any more delays. I just can't remember where I send the receipt...oh well, I'm sure one of the girls will help out with that question.

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
LHNB
Thanks for the info i am going have to get this right away hopefull someone will give you an answer to your question soon.... i will have to send mine in next week ... cause i can't afford for noo extra time to be added on the already long process ...anything fi mek it shorter

thks again for the info :D

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
AMANDAWOOD said:
LHNB
Thanks for the info i am going have to get this right away hopefull someone will give you an answer to your question soon.... i will have to send mine in next week ... cause i can't afford for noo extra time to be added on the already long process ...anything fi mek it shorter

thks again for the info :D
You're very welcome...hey, what date in December did you file?

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
It best to pay the fees at once because it delay the process by 8 weeks, but you send the receipt to Mississauga, but I am sure Charlie knows more, so maybe get confirmation from her.

@ bestisyet- kmt don't it! Him a grieve mi bad bad!

@Amanda- I can help yu with info on taxes, but I will have to type it on my break.

Megscominhome

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
No PPR - Confirmation Rec'd 29 March, 2012
LANDED..........
Will land 29 April!
Charlie!!! Amazing news, I haven't been on in a couple of days, I know there's so much that you've had on hold (the thought of moving, giving resignation, etc) until you get that PPR...

So remember my situation where they'd spelled hubby's name wrong on the COPR? Well he'd emailed KGN to ask them what he should do. And they told him to send the paperwork back to them, they would change it, and send it back. Problem is, our flights are booked for 29th April, less than 4 weeks! AND... they want us to pay for the courier to send the stuff back. About $60USD. I know in the big picture it's not a huge sum, but I feel like we shouldn't have to pay anything, that it was KGN's mistake.

Hubby is passive and doesn't want to make a fuss because he feels like KGN will delay or be mean to him and make the process more difficult.

Anyone have any suggestions/Ideas? When he said to the woman on the phone that he didn't think we should have to pay, she said basically too bad, we'll do our share and pay to get the docs back to you. When he asked if he could just show up and have them change the document at Immigration when we arrive, they said they wouldn't recommend it. You know how immigration agents can sometimes be!!!

M

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
@ Amanda, you need to write a letter, stating your husband world income for at least the past 3 years, even if you were not married then. I suggest you fax and mail this letter to you tax office. This you will have to do every January/february until your husband is here. They will fix up you child tax after that. It is better to file as married (as I was also given this advice before) because when you send in your option c printout they see that your status is "married" and looks more genuine. I have done these steps 2 years in a row and havent has a problem.

Bling

Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Mrslwsn said:
Awww thx relaxg...

So I am about to start cuss again...hubby just talk a bunch *^&&&(*^%%^& in my ears bout by summer he will be here.....I cannot even imagine why he would delay this??? I could understand if he had loose ends but he really doesnt, his car can go to his sis, he is making next to no money now since he got laid off, then they closed the mobay dealership, and he started working for himself...all he does is get up go down to the garage and wait for customers, sometimes he only make no more than 1000.00 a day (he is a licensed mechanic) this is foolishness, now I am aggravated, can u guys imagine we get thru so damn quick and he is going to lay lay...sorry but im pis$$ed
I know the feeling very well I've given hubby some space. I didn't want to pressure him about the move but last night we finally as Charlie put it has thrashed out an arrival date last night and flight is booked window seat and all. Believe me I know the feelings you're going through 110% but he will come around and you will be together soon.

<3

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Not sure about that lol but let's hope :) He called dhl today and they said they have a pickup at the embassy so maybe tmrw??? *sigh* I can't even talk about it until I see his vibes once the visa is literally in his hand. So for now im jus gonna bill back and wait...........

Ok who am I kidding, I R NOT A PATIENT PERSON...lol

Bling

Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Suki - Here is a link for where your hubby goes to get his driving record. You can email them your queries: http://www.mtw.gov.jm/general_information/contacts.aspx I think they should have the usual government hours of 8:30 to 5:00 Mon-Thurs and 8:30 to 4:00 on Fridays.
Hey Charlie, not sure if its just me but that link isn't working for me. My hubby is needing to do the same thing. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

BASHA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Interview........
NO!!!
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
18-05-2012
Mrslwsn said:
Not sure about that lol but let's hope :) He called dhl today and they said they have a pickup at the embassy so maybe tmrw??? *sigh* I can't even talk about it until I see his vibes once the visa is literally in his hand. So for now im jus gonna bill back and wait...........

Ok who am I kidding, I R NOT A PATIENT PERSON...lol
I am laughing so hard that my sister come in the room asking me if I'm crazy. MrsLWSN I'm like u patients is not 1 of my stong suits. What I realize talking to my husband today is that he has his mind still set on Jamaica. He is telling me when we go back down 4 Christmas he still want to work. I said are u crazy. He will be making like $1000JAM a day and sometimes less. I think its a complete waste of time. However mi wi see wid him fi now! LOL!

Lata!

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
well Mrs. at least you know he has a STRONG work ethic =)

Bling, when is hubby landing?? you must be so thrilled!!!!

I have an interview tomorrow, jeeeees....I'm not %100 happy where I am , but they have been pretty good to me!! but next job is paying WAY more..like what I should be making!! I think I should go for it!! I'm not too big on "change" but I think it just might be for the best!! ugh....so confused now :-[

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
;D Oh he definatly has a strong work ethic, and that I am grateful for...btw Suki good luck on yu interview!

@ basha......I am so tired of being patient its like patience get lame and soooooo 90's lol outdated like...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good evening everyone! I see some good vibes went on today! :)

For those who have not yet paid their RPRF, you need to send it both to CPC-M and to KG. Here is the address to use for CPC-M:

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Use KG's fax number to send your copy to them: Immigration Fax: 876-733-3480. Include a cover sheet with your names, DOBs and file number if you have it. You can always use the sponsor's UCI number if you don't.

Remember, if you don't have to wait until they ask you for it, go ahead and pay it, even if you can't pay it upfront.

Basha, I did the drop off today. Man, those people can waste time. I was working all the way downtown today, so by the time I got there it was time to be admitted (1:30 p.m.) and there were like 16 persons ahead of me. There was only ONE receptionist working, so I had to wait until she finally got around to me, which was about 3:20 p.m! Took all of 3 minutes for her to take the passport, enter my name on the system and find the file numbers, write them on a Post-It, stick the Post-It on my passport, stick the passport in a plastic sleeve and tell me "Thank you, that will be all."

Meg! Thanks, yes, lots of things on hold, now I need to sort them all out and get a move on, hubby is tolerating as much delay as he can, LOL. Seriously, pay the $60 to get that parcel here and back. In the scheme of things, they messed up, but it is more important for you guys to get on with your lives, and if $60 is the price of moving on, so be it. Just my take on that. I know it grieves me when I have to pay others to rectify their own mistakes, (either with my time or money) but in this process I am not going to quibble. I just want to be done with them, I'm sure you guys feel the same!

Bling, haha, yes, "thrash" was definitely the word. We went back and forth for a good hour before we came to terms. Like your hubby, I have a flight already, window seat and all too! Here is the contact information for the Island Traffic Authority:

***********Offices************

138h Maxfield Avenue,
Kinston 10, Jamaica,
West Indies
email:ps@mtw.gov.jm

Tel: 1-876-754-2584
Toll Free: 1-888-991-2628

Your husband can call them (toll free even!) and find out exactly what he needs in order to get the driving record.

Amandawood, take heart, they will probably pay you retroactively once you sort out the information for your husband. It is definitely best to file as married even during the first year when you are part-year married and part-year single. My husband did this, and has had no issues with CRA. He files my income as part of his world income, and he has never had to pay any additional tax because I have income, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just give them the info they need ASAP.

dancehallvid

Nov 27, 2011
kingston
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14.2011
Passport Req..
3/6/2012
hello guys.just a little update.i pick up my visa today ;D so dam happy.its finally over.just wanted to wish er body good luck.kingston is really moveing.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 &amp; Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 &amp; Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Congrats Dancehall!!!!

wow thats a quick timeline! KGN keep em comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!