+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 Visitor Visa/TRV

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Update:

AOR: May 27
Bio: June 4

Application refused saying Visa Officer not satisfied and stated that Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself,

I applied for my Mother and Father with $10000 in Bank Balance and a current job offer from my mother (Father being a family member). Though I submitted a revised financial statement on Aug 5, 2024 via a WEBFORM with all the necessary documents with $50,000 (After my mother got a govt payout) in Bank Balance. I assume they haven't reviewed that and application got rejected well before they look into it. Is there any way we can contact them and what are the chances of getting the same application approved?

Or anyone has a different suggestion here?
Reapply right away with the new document attached. A new application is much cheaper and easier than an appeal

wander_visa

Jun 12, 2024
Hope you have cancellation for your flights, IRCC states not to purchases any airline tickets as none of their processing is guaranteed...They don't care. Processing times have just about all increased today from what I can see....Beyond frustrating! What happened to their announcement, last year to process TRV's in 30 days?? Unbelievable !!
Actually that's not true, because they do state they want to see evidence that the person would go back to their country and that is by purchasing a return ticket plus work documents ... and so on. So my ticket is refundable if she get denied but the issue is that there is no answer. Sorry i dont mean to come at you , im just frustrated with how slow they are.

grocks889163

Jul 29, 2024
They have mentioned as 54 days for visitor visa. Is it working days or calendar days. Coz I see many crossed the 54 calender days mark. Application from May are still waiting. And one more doubt? Is it true that refusal are made fast like within 30 days, and more days means more the chance of getting approved?

dhruvy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018

Mebinbsam

Aug 7, 2024
*****Applied Visitor Visa from India*****
Application Submitted On
- June 04, 2024
Biometric Request Received - June 04, 2024
Biometric Given - June 10, 2024
Biometric Updated in Portal - July 10, 2024
Background check - In Progress
Review of eligibility - In Progress

It's been 59 days now, still waiting for the PPR.
When did your eligibility start?

Mebinbsam

Aug 7, 2024
As far as I understand, they start once your file is complete, which is when they officially get biometrics. In the case of India, it's a processing time of 52 days, which is better than Brazil (71 days now).
Basically the end of August (21 days in July and 31 days in August).
Does that mean the processing time is from the date the biometric got updated in the application? I gave my biometric on june 10th but it got updated only on the 4th of july

Mebinbsam

Aug 7, 2024
Posting my comment from another forum here.
Hey Guys,

As per my research, I have concluded that more than 95% of the stuck applications are getting decision after 2 months of biometrics update. The maximum time they are taking is 2.5 months. I got my biometrics on June 17, I should get the PPR by Aug 17 or by last week of August for sure. Anybody who is waiting more than 2.5 months after biometrics should reach out to their MPs. I have red multiple discussion forums, did a lot of research about it. Once your biometrics are updated, you should get your decision in 75 days or earlier.
How to contact the MP office?

Rvyas

Mar 8, 2019
Applied my mother’s visitor visa as her passport expired so her visa also expired.
Visa applied from India
She has already travelled once to Canada.
Application Submitted -June 14th
Biometric- not required valid from previously applied visa.
PPR - August 10th
Requested two way courier service for passport pick up and drop.
Passport has not been picked up yet.

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Applied my mother’s visitor visa as her passport expired so her visa also expired.
Visa applied from India
She has already travelled once to Canada.
Application Submitted -June 14th
Biometric- not required valid from previously applied visa.
PPR - August 10th
Requested two way courier service for passport pick up and drop.
Passport has not been picked up yet.
Congratulations