NA
Passport Req..
NA
Brazil Application:

June 14 - Submitted online application
June 14 - IRCC confirmed the application and updated status to submitted
June 14 - Biometric Request letter
July 5 - Submitted Biometrics and IRCC portal confirmed it on the the same day

Apparently, there is a processing time of 68 days for Brazil applications. I guess that means roughly around the middle of September (counting from July 5th),

Status is still submitted. Is this normal?

Also, the plans have changed where the person will come a month later than what was in the application. Is it necessary to alert IRCC?

Thanks!

GR19

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Brazil Application:

June 14 - Submitted online application
June 14 - IRCC confirmed the application and updated status to submitted
June 14 - Biometric Request letter
July 5 - Submitted Biometrics and IRCC portal confirmed it on the the same day

Apparently, there is a processing time of 68 days for Brazil applications. I guess that means roughly around the middle of September (counting from July 5th),

Status is still submitted. Is this normal?

Also, the plans have changed where the person will come a month later than what was in the application. Is it necessary to alert IRCC?

Thanks!
It is normal and you don't have to notify IRCC about the change in plans

Reactions: costaudjoe

Potter72

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021
Applied visitor visa for my parents from india:

June 13 - Application submitted
June 15 - Biometrics request
June 20 - submitted biometrics

no update since then..:(

Reactions: Imhenryj

yogniti

Apr 20, 2022
If my in-laws visa got refused should I apply for reconsideration?
there stay was only for a month, I am pregnant and will be delivering that month, we wanted them to be part of our ceremony, and showed 10k CAD in total. Along with property papers, bank documents, ITR etc.
The officer refused giving generic reply only like insufficient funds, no strong ties etc.

dhruvy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
If my in-laws visa got refused should I apply for reconsideration?
there stay was only for a month, I am pregnant and will be delivering that month, we wanted them to be part of our ceremony, and showed 10k CAD in total. Along with property papers, bank documents, ITR etc.
The officer refused giving generic reply only like insufficient funds, no strong ties etc.
Are you PR or on work permit ?

yogniti

Apr 20, 2022
Are you PR or on work permit ?
We, husband wife and son are PR. Came in June 2023. So this is the first time we filed taxes and for obvious reasons we can’t show that we earned 60-70k in half year. So we are not eligible for supervisa.
We stated the reason that they will attend hawan, mundan ceremony etc visit few places and then go back within a month.

dhruvy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
We, husband wife and son are PR. Came in June 2023. So this is the first time we filed taxes and for obvious reasons we can’t show that we earned 60-70k in half year. So we are not eligible for supervisa.
We stated the reason that they will attend hawan, mundan ceremony etc visit few places and then go back within a month.
I agree and IRCC shouldnt reject visa. I am not sure if reconsideration would help

Reactions: yogniti

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I agree and IRCC shouldnt reject visa. I am not sure if reconsideration would help
Why wouldn’t IRCC reject visa for insufficient funds? Parents showed only $10k for a one month visit. If that is all their savings then using most of it to come to Canada. What are their ties to return? Job letter with approved leave etc.

dhruvy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Why wouldn’t IRCC reject visa for insufficient funds? Parents showed only $10k for a one month visit. If that is all their savings then using most of it to come to Canada. What are their ties to return? Job letter with approved leave etc.
As mentioned - property papers, bank documents, ITR - this was also shared by the applicant ..

Reactions: yogniti

yogniti

Apr 20, 2022
I agree the reason might be insufficient funds but $10k for one month but we have mentioned they will stay with us. Also they showed net worth certificate of $17,73,383. And property papers.
Dad is retired so we can’t show any job letter.
I think we can put some more funds and reapply/reconsider.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I agree the reason might be insufficient funds but $10k for one month but we have mentioned they will stay with us. Also they showed net worth certificate of $17,73,383. And property papers.
Dad is retired so we can’t show any job letter.
I think we can put some more funds and reapply/reconsider.
You need to address funds and ties to return. $10k for 2 people is not enough. Net worth of $17million CDN is not cash in the bank nor are property papers a tie to return. Is it income property and rentals? If so include rental agreements with tenants and need to go back for maintenance.

Each person is assessed separately so each need to show ties to return.