+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 outland spousal sponsorship

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hello Guys, Is there anyone who still waiting for BIL? Even if you receive biometric pls respond back to this message.

Timeline!!
Submitted on June 8th
AOR June 5th
Awaiting for BIL

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Greenland
Hello Guys, Is there anyone who still waiting for BIL? Even if you receive biometric pls respond back to this message.

Timeline!!
Submitted on June 8th
AOR June 5th
Awaiting for BIL
Submitted 4th June
AOR & ADR (PCC) 26th June
IRCC AD confirmation 12 July
Awaiting BIL

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
got pre-arrival email on July 30

Reactions: ahmedjama

Mayank_Patel

Star Member
Oct 3, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Timeline!!
Submitted on June 8th
AOR June 5th
Awaiting for BIL
I got the BIL and medical everything. Maybe now my file moved into background check but i am not sure because i can't make an account in PR Tracker.
Are you able to make an account in PR Tracker?

Reactions: Vidnomenon

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
I got the BIL and medical everything. Maybe now my file moved into background check but i am not sure because i can't make an account in PR Tracker.
Are you able to make an account in PR Tracker?
Hey, what’s your timeline ?

Gurjagsingh

Jul 23, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

ahmedjama

Jun 10, 2024
Outland spousal sponsorship.
PA resident: South Africa
Sponsor: citizen
Applied: 10th June 2024
AOR: 4th July 2024
BIL request 25th July, and completed 26th July.
Sponsor Approval 31 July.
Medical request 1 August.

Reactions: Vidnomenon

wwccyy

Aug 7, 2024
I applied for spousal sponsorship back in March, and my spouse is now here in Canada on a visitor visa

We’ve also applied for the Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) to allow my spouse to work while we wait for the PR application to be processed.

Now, I’m at a crossroads: Should I wait for the PR application to progress, possibly leading to something like a virtual landing? Or should I go ahead and inform IRCC about my spouse's visitor status and our SOWP application through their web form?

If anyone has experience with this or advice, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for your support!