Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hey there. Thanks for setting up this group guys.

Applied June 14th still waiting for AOR.

A quick question guys, who typically receives the automated email that confirms that you have successfully submitted your PR application - the PA or both SP & PA?
What I have seen so far in the threads, it usually gets delivered in the sponsor’s email

soyon

Jul 11, 2024
Applied June 7th, No AOR yet.

Should I wait or call IRCC to ask for an update? My work permit expires August 15th so need AOR to apply for work permit

RLGandalf

Jul 11, 2024
Hi everyone !

my partner and I just finished our sponsorship ( she’s the PR HOLDER) 2 weeks ago with no AOR yet. My post grad work permit expires on the 17th ( super close).

so the decision is wether we submit my extension for and open work permit now or wait till I get the AOR which in that case my permit would be expired and I’d have to apply for a restoration.

we plan on going ahead with submitting before it before it expires on the 17th but I would appreciate some advice or guidance if any! Much appreciated.

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone !

my partner and I just finished our sponsorship ( she’s the PR HOLDER) 2 weeks ago with no AOR yet. My post grad work permit expires on the 17th ( super close).

so the decision is wether we submit my extension for and open work permit now or wait till I get the AOR which in that case my permit would be expired and I’d have to apply for a restoration.

we plan on going ahead with submitting before it before it expires on the 17th but I would appreciate some advice or guidance if any! Much appreciated.

Hi,
I believe PGWP can't be extended unless they initially didn't give your full alloted time maybe cause of passport expiry otherwise you can't extend/renew pgwp.

I think maybe, you either wait till you get AOR to apply for OWP which will give you maintained status until it's approved. OR You can apply for a visitor record now before you work permit expires so you actually have no gaps in ur statuses afterwards can apply for OWP when AOR comes. I would lean towards the latter option so I don't have an expired status. Chances are you will be probably get AOR within two weeks.

RLGandalf

Jul 11, 2024
Hi,
I believe PGWP can't be extended unless they initially didn't give your full alloted time maybe cause of passport expiry otherwise you can't extend/renew pgwp.

I think maybe, you either wait till you get AOR to apply for OWP which will give you maintained status until it's approved. OR You can apply for a visitor record now before you work permit expires so you actually have no gaps in ur statuses afterwards can apply for OWP when AOR comes. I would lean towards the latter option so I don't have an expired status. Chances are you will be probably get AOR within two weeks.
Thanks for this! I already applied for the OWP yesterday without the AOR, would that be an issue? I put in explanation letters to detail my situation so hopefully that helps. I just heard about the visitor record which is a great help .

kemilembe

May 28, 2019
Thanks for this! I already applied for the OWP yesterday without the AOR, would that be an issue? I put in explanation letters to detail my situation so hopefully that helps. I just heard about the visitor record which is a great help .
Oh I see! I think you probably fine then. I remember seeing from their website that a spouse under sponsor can apply without AOR if their permit expires within two weeks.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

Tk005

Jun 25, 2024
Sponsor: Citizen
Submitted: June 17th
AOR: sponsor aor received on July 13th, still waiting for applicant AOR

jnade057

Jul 9, 2024
Application: Family Class (Common Law) Inland
Submitted: June 11, 2024
Requested For Additional Document: July 8, 2024
AOR: July 9, 2024
BIL: July 10, 2024
Update:
Open work permit (applied): July 16, 2024
Maintained status letter: July 17, 2024
PAS letter: July 17, 2024

Last edited:

Tk005

Jun 25, 2024
AOR: sponsor aor received on July 13th, still waiting for applicant AOR
Omg for some reason I thought there are 2 AORs being sent. I read in an old forum that there are 2 AOR emails but I guess not anymore.

Update:

AOR: July 13th
OWP application: July 17th