+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi - here's another update.

August 8, 2024 - Background verification complete.
Please update: August 13
Office: Vancouver

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1827
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 4
Delivered: June 4
AOR: June 12
IP: June 14
Background: July 31
Citizenship test: August 13 - In progress. (Window: Aug 15 - Sep 14)
Updated

Reactions: DSL2011

ma5590

Jan 24, 2018
No significant update since AOR and In progress ECAS for applications sent on the last week of June? Any idea why this is?

I see some applicants from the first week of July have their BG and test completed.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
No significant update since AOR and In progress ECAS for applications sent on the last week of June? Any idea why this is?

I see some applicants from the first week of July have their BG and test completed.
Curious about that too. People who applied certain days seem to be slower. Maybe they are assigned a particular office

xyft7

Jul 16, 2024
I know a lot of people are still waiting for updates after AOR. I and my partner applied about an hour apart on June 23 and she is still waiting for any meaningful updates after receiving her AOR while my application have progressed super fast when compared to others. I just want to have a general idea of the process - so any insights or answers to the question below will be appreciated.

What is the average wait time it takes the Citizenship Ceremony to change to "in progress" after every other stages have been completed?

Everything in my application was completed 2 weeks ago, but Citizenship Ceremony is still not started.

I've been out of job since January due to being laid off by an engineering consulting firm. I have been recently interviewing for multiple job positions in the United States, but nothing here in Canada. I asked cos I'm thinking of applying for TN visa if I receive a US job offer.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasha and hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I know a lot of people are still waiting for updates after AOR. I and my partner applied about an hour apart on June 23 and she is still waiting for any meaningful updates after receiving her AOR while my application have progressed super fast when compared to others. I just want to have a general idea of the process - so any insights or answers to the question below will be appreciated.

What is the average wait time it takes the Citizenship Ceremony to change to "in progress" after every other stages have been completed?

Everything in my application was completed 2 weeks ago, but Citizenship Ceremony is still not started.

I've been out of job since January due to being laid off by an engineering consulting firm. I have been recently interviewing for multiple job positions in the United States, but nothing here in Canada. I asked cos I'm thinking of applying for TN visa if I receive a US job offer.

Thanks
Trends for the oath ceremony being scheduled after LPP vary widely from 1 week to 2 months on an average. I would say you might hear something in the next 2 weeks most probably.

Reactions: xyft7

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018

Thanks
It depends on the office that is assigned for the case. Some offices are much faster. I applied June 16th and havent seen any update after AOR on June 25.

Reactions: xyft7

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
June 2024 applicant but not AOR received yet
What should I do ???
June applicant should have already received the AOR long back. Please check your inbox and spam folders once again.

AOR is received from:
Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca

You can search using this ID once in your mailbox. If still no AOR email found, you can give them a call tomorrow. They would share the application number with you, using which you can register in the tracker to track the progress of your application.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Do language prohibitions physical presence depend on clearing the test first? or they are done independently? Assuming independent. Thanks