+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I completed my test last September 3 and the duration of giving test was overdue already but it was not yet updated on my tracker. While other applicants only day or a week. Any applicants here in the same situation L
I wonder if the tracker stopped working for a few applicants. I see some people reporting this. My tracker stopped at fingerprints received. Nothing after that. But honestly not surprising seeing how glitchy and messed up IRCCs online application systems are. I was doing the online PR card renewal application last week and it was a frustrating experience.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I wonder if the tracker stopped working for a few applicants. I see some people reporting this. My tracker stopped at fingerprints received. Nothing after that. But honestly not surprising seeing how glitchy and messed up IRCCs online application systems are. I was doing the online PR card renewal application last week and it was a frustrating experience.
You are absolutely right. Me & wife gave fingerprints on the same day. My tracker shows fingerprints received and background complete. However, my wife's tracker still showing waiting for fingerprints. She emailed Vancouver office and they confirmed that they have received her fingerprints. This system is complete rubbish.

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I completed my test last September 3 and the duration of giving test was overdue already but it was not yet updated on my tracker. While other applicants only day or a week. Any applicants here in the same situation L
Same with me. I gave test on 4th Sept. The window was from 1st to 21st Sept. It hasnt updated yet. Still says in progress.

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
You are absolutely right. Me & wife gave fingerprints on the same day. My tracker shows fingerprints received and background complete. However, my wife's tracker still showing waiting for fingerprints. She emailed Vancouver office and they confirmed that they have received her fingerprints. This system is complete rubbish.
It is a shame that they use such a lousy system for handling immigration matters which can affect people’s lives. lol I am ranting. But I have lived in one similarly immigrant friendly country before moving to Canada. Their application and visa handling system is just flawless. Only one portal and tracker to handle all types of applications. And if you are a PR, you don’t have to worry about keeping a PR card because visas are electronically liked to your passport. So no hassle of keeping a PR card and renewing it. Also because they track all the entries and exists meticulously you do not have to provide any entry and exit dates to them. They themselves verify your days inside the country for PR renewals and citizenship applications. This makes things working seamlessly.

• Haha
Reactions: mehranjadoon

Milo2023

Sep 24, 2023
I am reading it can take 2-5 days to download a citizenship certificate and more than 2 weeks for some. It also takes months if you re-schedule the ceremony (if it's even approved by them).

Would you take an oath if you had international travel plans scheduled 1-2 weeks from the ceremony? (Keep in mind, that you still need time to apply and receive a passport). I am on the verge and cannot decide if I should risk it and take an oath before the trip or opt to re-schedule and wait for months. Need your thoughts, thank you!

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
It is a shame that they use such a lousy system for handling immigration matters which can affect people’s lives. lol I am ranting. But I have lived in one similarly immigrant friendly country before moving to Canada. Their application and visa handling system is just flawless. Only one portal and tracker to handle all types of applications. And if you are a PR, you don’t have to worry about keeping a PR card because visas are electronically liked to your passport. So no hassle of keeping a PR card and renewing it. Also because they track all the entries and exists meticulously you do not have to provide any entry and exit dates to them. They themselves verify your days inside the country for PR renewals and citizenship applications. This makes things working seamlessly.
We can only rant about it lolz

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
It happened to me today, they returned my son’s ( minor) application and automatically mine as I am adult and he accompanied mine! They return both. It’s frustrating and such a waste of time..
Hey @Sunshinestate I'm wondering why did they return your son's application? Is it a paper application or online application? If it's online, you would have to upload the IDs for the minor, right? Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to submit it. Would like to learn more about this. Thanks!

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
From July Group, but yes we've completed on Sept. 4th and no update yet. SCR office. Seems that it was a bad week for giving test because a lot of ppl in July group stuck with the same.. and gave test between September 1st and 6th or so

charlesbroski

Star Member
May 19, 2022
How do I get the email for the processing office?

armlk

Apr 28, 2021
Citizenship test marked completed on Aug 11. Since then, no more updates. LPP still in progress. Scarborough office. I wonder how long will it take. So frustrating.

Reactions: 11CECapp