13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
Thanks Mrs Champs!
New forms also do not ask for Employment certificates.
I am also preparing all documents for CSQ/Undertaking so that I can submit it as soon as I hear from CIC.
One more question, I am living at a place temporarily, probably will change the apt.
I heard that they send the CSQ via postal mail.
Do you think its a good idea if I use a friend's address?

Hi wwe,
a)I am applying already for the province of Quebec, but I applied with the old application, I didn't need to provide employment information, after I applied the I got the CSQ.

b) I provided my weeding certificate as a proof.
c) to proof our relationship, I did print screen of all our conversation!, Skype calls, pictures of our trips, pictures of me interacting with my husband's family and his friends, and pictures of my husband interacting with my family, I scanned the boarding passes of our different trips we did together. When you put pictures make sure to describe the location, date and the names of the people involved inside the picture.

If your documents are not english or french you must translate it.

arsiahmed

Jun 21, 2017
Did you get a tracking number from Canada Post? Did you sign up for the text message alert from CIC?

If you did at least one of the two options mentioned above, you should know whether CIC has received your application or not.
I did get a tracking number from Canada post and I did not sign up for the text message alert. Even with tracking # they are unable to confirm if its delivered. as its still showing "In Transit".

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
Thanks Mrs Champs!
New forms also do not ask for Employment certificates.
I am also preparing all documents for CSQ/Undertaking so that I can submit it as soon as I hear from CIC.
One more question, I am living at a place temporarily, probably will change the apt.
I heard that they send the CSQ via postal mail.
Do you think its a good idea if I use a friend's address?
Well I can not tell you if that is a good Idea, but in my case we hired an immigrant consultant to represent us. the CSQ supposed to arrive to his place,but instead they sent the CSQ to my husband's apartment (the sponsor). I guess they will send the CSQ to the sponsor.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I did get a tracking number from Canada post and I did not sign up for the text message alert. Even with tracking # they are unable to confirm if its delivered. as its still showing "In Transit".
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you are in this predicament. This probably means two things.
1) The delivery person forgot to scan your package right before delivery or did not scan it properly, thus the reason for it still showing "In Transit" when you track it online. However, the package has already been delivered toCIC.
2) Worst case, it was lost.

I really hope it is the first situation. You didn't sign up for CIC text alert so at this point there is no way of knowing whether they have it or not. The only way of knowing is to wait 2-6 weeks for your AOR1. If you get your AOR1 then that means that situation #1 is what happened. I know being in this state of limbo and waiting 2-6 weeks is not at all easy and is extremely stressful but there's nothing else you can do. Calling CIC at this point is futile. They won't be able to tell you if they have your package because they are still just opening May 2017 applications, so you're not in the system yet. Calling Canada Post is also futile because when they track your package they see the same thing that you see. The last tracking update shown is the last time it was scanned.

I'm not sure if sending a new application package is the right way to go about at this point. May be others can chime in and give their opinion on this. I personally think you should wait 2-6 weeks from June 7th to get your AOR1. If you get it then that means everything is fine and that they are now working on your application. If you don't get it by then then send in a new application. Check the June 2017 outland google doc spreadsheet regularly.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n8CRf5RwHVizY8yMFgXDcdY1_z5hDCjzDje5ih3gSj0/edit#gid=0
If everyone who's application was received by CIC on June 7th to June 9th receive their AOR1 and you still haven't, then give CIC a call and ask if all applications received on June 7th and June 9th (just to be safe) have already been opened. If they say yes then go ahead and send them a new application.

Last edited:

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi and thanks! Yes I added the barcode form for text message but still did not receive a message
Then i don't get why you did not receive any text msg ...

arsiahmed

Jun 21, 2017
Going through the same thing, same dates.....so frustrated right now :(
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you are in this predicament. This probably means two things.
1) The delivery person forgot to scan your package right before delivery or did not scan it properly, thus the reason for it still showing "In Transit" when you track it online. However, the package has already been delivered toCIC.
2) Worst case, it was lost.

I really hope it is the first situation. You didn't sign up for CIC text alert so at this point there is no way of knowing whether they have it or not. The only way of knowing is to wait 2-6 weeks for your AOR1. If you get your AOR1 then that means that situation #1 is what happened. I know being in this state of limbo and waiting 2-6 weeks is not at all easy and is extremely stressful but there's nothing else you can do. Calling CIC at this point is futile. They won't be able to tell you if they have your package because they are still just opening May 2017 applications, so you're not in the system yet. Calling Canada Post is also futile because when they track your package they see the same thing that you see. The last tracking update shown is the last time it was scanned.

I'm not sure if sending a new application package is the right way to go about at this point. May be others can chime in and give their opinion on this. I personally think you should wait 2-6 weeks from June 7th to get your AOR1. If you get it then that means everything is fine and that they are now working on your application. If you don't get it by then then send in a new application. Check the June 2017 outland google doc spreadsheet regularly.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n8CRf5RwHVizY8yMFgXDcdY1_z5hDCjzDje5ih3gSj0/edit#gid=0
If everyone who's application was received by CIC on June 7th to June 9th receive their AOR1 and you still haven't, then give CIC a call and ask if all applications received on June 7th and June 9th (just to be safe) have already been opened. If they say yes then go ahead and send them a new application.
Thank you for some great suggestion. I will keep an eye out and hope the first situation is applied in our case.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hello :)
Please who is in charge of the June spreadsheet ? I realised I'm not on the list yet so could you add me ?

App sent on 30th May and received on 1st June :)

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello :)
Please who is in charge of the June spreadsheet ? I realised I'm not on the list yet so could you add me ?

App sent on 30th May and received on 1st June :)
You can add your info. Anyone can edit the spreadsheet. We all added our name and dates by ourselves. Every now and then she rearranges them in order by date.