GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
kourts said:
The guy said he was surprised it was so long past the date an hasnt had a decision made an that he was going to tell them right away about it. I was hoping that it'd mean they would make a decision this week. but its only tuesday. and i leave thursday morning to go visit my wife.
Did they ask you to call back at a specific date or did they say they would call? Did they give you a timeframe for a response? I'm asking all this because it's rather unusual for you not to get a real answer from them, especially since all the deadlines have come and gone in your case. If you are the sponsor, have you gotten your MP involved? I think you should, or your wife, if she is the sponsor.

Anyways, i'm hoping your situation is not becoming a norm or anything, but still I'm hoping that your case gets resolved soon now and they better have a good explanation of why it's taken this long. I also think that you should insist in getting an update since you're long past due.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Nope they didn't give us a call back date or anything. And I've thought about getting the MP involved an i think if i dont hear anything by the end of the week, I will have my wife contact the MP. but after my wife gets approved..if that day ever comes ::) and its been in the VO for a bit we'll order notes to see why it took so long.

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
ddobro2 said:
If you went into Profile, and then "Forum Related Information" under "Modify Profile," and it doesn't let you modify your timeline and signature, then I guess you need more posts until it lets you do that.
I don't have the "Forum Related Information" option under profile, it only lists "Account Related Settings". Oh well, maybe some day - seems silly if it's a # of posts issue though. Nothing against you folks here but I haven't had much to say - I check it regularly though to see how everyone else is doing.

Glad to hear there's other progress - keep it coming!

HoneyEllis

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-08-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
I got my PPR ... letter dated August 29 ... am personally taking passport in today to get my PR visa issued. Can't believe how quick it's been! Yay for Sydney office.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

P.S. My ecas hasn't been updated - still says 'we started processing your application on August 18" - so for those of you waiting, don't worry too much about ecas - things might actually be happening on your file.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
around the Singapore VO , they are doing faster than Singapore :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then I believe you need a certain number of posts to have that show up. I know that is the case with being able to send someone a private message here too. I'm sure they set stuff up like that because occasionally we do get inundated with some spammers here. In any case, not that you need to post more than you want to. I don't know what the magic number is - 15, 20? Perhaps someone else can comment on that if they know or you can ask it in a new thread ....
garudha said:
I don't have the "Forum Related Information" option under profile, it only lists "Account Related Settings". Oh well, maybe some day - seems silly if it's a # of posts issue though. Nothing against you folks here but I haven't had much to say - I check it regularly though to see how everyone else is doing.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
ddobro2 said:
Then I believe you need a certain number of posts to have that show up. I know that is the case with being able to send someone a private message here too. I'm sure they set stuff up like that because occasionally we do get inundated with some spammers here. In any case, not that you need to post more than you want to. I don't know what the magic number is - 15, 20? Perhaps someone else can comment on that if they know or you can ask it in a new thread ....
You need a minimum of 10 posts for the Forum Related settings to become available, I forgot what that level is called (Newbie, Member or something...)

It's not difficult to get to 10 posts, I actually got to where I'm at now fairly quickly, didn't even realize it until recently LOL :p

Ironboy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22
garudha said:

Hi, after you make 10 posts, it will allow you those options. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S/he's newbie now, so it'd be member, I'm sure. Yeah it doesn't take long to make 10 posts, this immigration forum sure gets addictive, doesn't it? ;)
Aneyshar said:
You need a minimum of 10 posts for the Forum Related settings to become available, I forgot what that level is called (Newbie, Member or something...)

It's not difficult to get to 10 posts, I actually got to where I'm at now fairly quickly, didn't even realize it until recently LOL :p

Gabby123

Aug 30, 2011
Hello, I need to join you, can i ? i am June applicant from Montreal (Quebec , unfortunately :-[ , i will tell u why), My application received
on June 29 , and approved on August 29, you can add me in your spreadsheet,
you guys are doing a good job, i know how much it is so useful for a person like us ...when the
waiting is so long and getting information and update is so difficult and slow...
My visa office is in Paris (unfortuantely, :-[), i don't see anyone from Paris in the spreadsheet. Paris is one of the slowest
office (average 8 months, according to cic).
Unfortunately, we have to do undertakings and CSQ specific to Quebec (now, u know why i was :-[ ). i have been advised to do that as soon
as possible, and my wife has to apply CSQ, i hope this additional steps don't make it more longer.
I have some question on the form, if there is anyone from Quebec, who passed through the same process. It is On the part
of the CSQ my wife has to fill, i am not sure if she has to include me in the list of her family, as not accompanying
in section 2 part B. In the instruction, the definition of family includes husband, wife, and dependent children, it wasn't
clear for me if i have to be included.
My other question, on the signature part, the last two pages, does she have to sign twice ? as applicant and sponsored person,
or just applicant only ? She is applicant, and she got no dependent family.

Thank you

manisohal

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd June,2011
AOR Received.
10th, August,2011
Passport Req..
24th August,2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
MDSB said:
MDSB :):) plz update the spreadsheet i got PPR yesterday:) i hope you read my earlier posts..:) Thanks in advance

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
Way to go Junies!

:D :D :D

Let's wait a bit more for those who are still waiting for their sponsorship approval.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're referring to Formulaire d'Engagement, section 2 does not have any parts - it's simply identification of the principal applicant. Section 3 has a part B that is for les membres de la famille qui ne l'accompagnent pas au Quebec.

The sponsor would not be listed in that part, nor part A. The sponsor is not accompanying or non-accompanying - the sponsor is obviously a Quebec resident and Canadian PR or citizen. I'm going to assume you are the one sponsoring your wife. The principal applicant (that is, your wife, if she is being sponsored by you) needs to write those members of her nuclear family, basically, that will not be accompanying her to Quebec, and the associated details for each. I'm not sure what "signature part" you're referring to but for the last page of the Formulaire that I'm describing, the sponsor signs (once).

Gabby123 said:
Hello, I need to join you, can i ? i am June applicant from Montreal (Quebec , unfortunately :-[ , i will tell u why), My application received
on June 29 , and approved on August 29, you can add me in your spreadsheet,
you guys are doing a good job, i know how much it is so useful for a person like us ...when the
waiting is so long and getting information and update is so difficult and slow...
My visa office is in Paris (unfortuantely, :-[), i don't see anyone from Paris in the spreadsheet. Paris is one of the slowest
office (average 8 months, according to cic).
Unfortunately, we have to do undertakings and CSQ specific to Quebec (now, u know why i was :-[ ). i have been advised to do that as soon
as possible, and my wife has to apply CSQ, i hope this additional steps don't make it more longer.
I have some question on the form, if there is anyone from Quebec, who passed through the same process. It is On the part
of the CSQ my wife has to fill, i am not sure if she has to include me in the list of her family, as not accompanying
in section 2 part B. In the instruction, the definition of family includes husband, wife, and dependent children, it wasn't
clear for me if i have to be included.
My other question, on the signature part, the last two pages, does she have to sign twice ? as applicant and sponsored person,
or just applicant only ? She is applicant, and she got no dependent family.

Thank you

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Congratulations to everyone who has heard some positive news this week. Lots of spreadsheet updating to do! Be sure to let me know if I have missed anything out!

Welcome to June Gabby123!

8)

Apr 25, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Au
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
glak1234 said:
Congrats to the first visa issue of JUNE! :) Very happy to hear, all the luck in the world and your new lives in Canada!
We are going to get my husbands soon too!

Did she have same day service by any chance?
Thanks for that glak1234

My wife had to mail her passport to the consulate first and then they rang on Monday to say it was ready. Took just over a week for the visa to be ready.

Felix