Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FelixAndBrooke said:
Happy to report that my wife collected her passport, with the visa in it, from the consulate in Sydney today.

I wish all of you out there still waiting to be approved as sponsors or have their permanent residency approved the best of luck. Hopefully you will have to spend as little time as possible away from your loved one(s).

Cheers
Felix
Congrats to the first visa issue of JUNE! :) Very happy to hear, all the luck in the world and your new lives in Canada!
We are going to get my husbands soon too!

Did she have same day service by any chance?

manisohal

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd June,2011
AOR Received.
10th, August,2011
Passport Req..
24th August,2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i got PPR letter today dated 24th of August.. but i received it today MSDB Plz update the spreadsheet..nd one thing more the sponsorship letter my hubby received was dated 10th of August,2011.. Happy Happy :):):)

manisohal

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd June,2011
AOR Received.
10th, August,2011
Passport Req..
24th August,2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
I have got my PPR letter today but my ecas is showing "Application Received" status yet very strange..

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Ah I hope I hear from them soon too! Hopefully today?

manny79

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FelixAndBrooke said:
Happy to report that my wife collected her passport, with the visa in it, from the consulate in Sydney today.

I wish all of you out there still waiting to be approved as sponsors or have their permanent residency approved the best of luck. Hopefully you will have to spend as little time as possible away from your loved one(s).

Cheers
Felix
Congrats

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you went into Profile, and then "Forum Related Information" under "Modify Profile," and it doesn't let you modify your timeline and signature, then I guess you need more posts until it lets you do that.
garudha said:
I can't figure out how to modify my signature/stats on the side of my posts? I've tried going into my Profile, but it only lets me change my password... Anyone know how to do this?

Also, I just checked ecas and they say that they didn't receive my application until June 24th rather than June 23rd that the courier told me (likely got it in the afternoon and just put it in a pile to sort the next morning) so maybe the spreadsheet should be changed to reflect that.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manisohal said:
I have got my PPR letter today but my ecas is showing "Application Received" status yet very strange..
I wouldn't worry about that, our ECAS also showed "application recieved" when my husband got his PPR.. then a week later it showed "in process" and "medical results received"

Congrats :)

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Woo hoo I got approved as a sponsor. Literally just got off the phone with the CIC call centre. I got a very lovely and helpful lady. Not going to lie, I teared up when she told me! She said the letter was sent on august 27, I just haven't received it yet. Now let the 12 month processing time in Rome begin.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If only the visa offices were that (relatively) easy to deal with. ::) That is a nice, funny story though ;D
garudha said:
After getting fed up of waiting (seemed to be at least a week overdue based on the website stats) for some sort of sign from CPC-M, I called the call centre yesterday afternoon. Took an hour to get through (stupid system!) but when I did the guy was really nice and helpful, and told me that I'd been approved to sponsor on Aug 19th! Supposed the letter was still in the mail - so I went out and checked again, and sure enough, it was sitting in my mailbox, just delivered that day. So you can update my status to SPONSORSHIP APPROVED!

So sometimes things just take longer - Canada Post can be slow - but don't lose hope, it'll come through. And if you are ever unsure, the call-centre people seem really nice and can actually tell you useful information sometimes.

So excited to have this first step done and to know for sure that they're working on our file! Seeing everyone else get approved first was making me jealous. Great to hear that everyone else is progressing well though, let's hope it continues!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You too- Awesome! Aren't you glad you called? ;D
katie3234 said:
Woo hoo I got approved as a sponsor. Literally just got off the phone with the CIC call centre. I got a very lovely and helpful lady. Not going to lie, I teared up when she told me! She said the letter was sent on august 27, I just haven't received it yet. Now let the 12 month processing time in Rome begin.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katie3234 said:

Congrats :) Happy news!

And don't worry, I thought my process was going to be a 9 month wait (Vienna processing time), but my husband received his PPR really fast.. Sending the same good luck your way!

HOORAY for the Junies! We're moving along now finally :)
Good luck and hope everyone still waiting hears something soon!

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garudha said:
Also, I just checked ecas and they say that they didn't receive my application until June 24th rather than June 23rd that the courier told me (likely got it in the afternoon and just put it in a pile to sort the next morning) so maybe the spreadsheet should be changed to reflect that.
Me too! and I never noticed or thought about it until now..

Hey MDSB :) , they apparently received my application June 17 but my courier said June 16
If you could just make the change, thanks! You're the best!

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
kourts said:
congrats guys.

I wish I would hear some good news. its taking them forever.
hey kourts. Been following up on your case, what's the latest you've heard when you called customer service? I thought you were supposed to get an answer this week? Sorry I don't mean to make you more anxious, just curious.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
The guy said he was surprised it was so long past the date an hasnt had a decision made an that he was going to tell them right away about it. I was hoping that it'd mean they would make a decision this week. but its only tuesday. and i leave thursday morning to go visit my wife.