19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
Omo Naija said:
see link below....

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&discussionID=71156449&gid=73790&commentID=52088100&goback=%2Eamf_73790_56746007&trk=NUS_DISC_Q-subject#commentID_52088100

what do you guys think ?
I think that this post as well as similar posts from others confirm what we have been doubting for weeks now: the cap was reached on July 8th!

Few exceptions were noted, and I gave my opinion on this before.

If he should proceed and take it to court or not is something different.

bhanu30

Aug 12, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2011, received by CIC on 13th July 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pharmacist77 said:
I tried calling on this number and then punched extentions 1-2-1-2-1 and got to hear that all agents are busy so they can't transfer your call right now, please dial in some other time... Damn they could have given me an option to wait as well by giving me waiting time.. huh!!

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
jijitipie said:
I just called CIC .. I thought I was speaking to an Arab.. or french.. his tone and dialect sounds like one.. doesn't sound like a Canadian..Also, I think he's just in a hurry to answer questions.. when he said that they are still currently opening post July 8th applicants.. I shared to him some info's that my friends who's a post july18th-19th applicants got their cc charged and has a file number too.. He just said that they are still opening the July 8th package and we just have to wait for few more weeks.. I think the agent is not just aware of the latest and maybe they just have a ready made answer for the callers to lessen their time in answering and searching files of every callers.. Their call answers,emails and processing charges doesn't match at all.. :) or maybe I was just unlucky to be received by an agent who's in a hurry to settle calls..
I too called CIC today.

some Mr. Daniel received my call after 15 min of waiting. the way he was talking i thought he hadnt slept for days and was under tremendous pressure to go to loo.

I had to repeat my sentenses atleast 3 times so that he could understand. And he was such a genius that for all my questions he had just one reply....we are opening applications for 8th july and sending aor to applications between 4-8 july.

i repeatedly asked him to tell me the status of my application and finally after taking every detail he answered sweetly (which i found irritating)....you application is not in our records. he was very much in hurry.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
nish said:
I too called CIC today.

some Mr. Daniel received my call after 15 min of waiting. the way he was talking i thought he hadnt slept for days and was under tremendous pressure to go to loo.

I had to repeat my sentenses atleast 3 times so that he could understand. And he was such a genius that for all my questions he had just one reply....we are opening applications for 8th july and sending aor to applications between 4-8 july.

i repeatedly asked him to tell me the status of my application and finally after taking every detail he answered sweetly (which i found irritating)....you application is not in our records. he was very much in hurry.
Nish,

Sadly, a similar behaviour was reported by another member in this forum when he tried to get info via the phone.
I recollect you did send an email to check the status of your application - could you share their response please ? I am trying to see if there is a relation between what they say on the phone vs email.

Sanity

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
sanity said:
Nish,

Sadly, a similar behaviour was reported by another member in this forum when he tried to get info via the phone.
I recollect you did send an email to check the status of your application - could you share their response please ? I am trying to see if there is a relation between what they say on the phone vs email.

Sanity
I think CIC is under staffed. That is why they can't provide good customer services at the phone. I have read in this forum that they have received 34000 applications so far.. Anyway, we ll see what happens..

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Today I received this from CIO.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that we currently have no record of your submission. However, as you sent it in July 2011, it could be in the queue for initial processing. If you wish to submit a status enquiry in 2-3 weeks, a further search can be done.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

CB

Sent: September-05-11 4:02 PM
To: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry
Cc: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry
Subject: Enquiry Regarding Application Status

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have applied for immigration under federal skilled worker class category 1. My application was received on 25th July, 2011 at 2:19 p.m. by Mr. Doug (as informed to me by DHL courier)

It's been six weeks now, so I want to enquir the status of my application.

Your response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

My particulars are as under;
Principal Applicant:
NOC: Pharmacist - 3131
Date of Birth :
Passport Number :
Postal Address:

Regards,

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED: 20 SEP 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band 8)
Med's Request
Nov 23 2011, via snail mail.
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
leigh said:
Hello Guys,

The CIO sent email that my application was return due to incomplete documents. I just want to know how many days, week or month do i receive my application, they just mentioned it was delivered in regular mail. Any information from you guys, cause i want to know as soon as possible my incomplete documents so i can re send it again.

Thank you very much, hope to hear from all you guys soon..
Hello Leigh,
Really sorry to hear the bad news, but you're not giving up as I can see. File again, and you will get it next time.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
sanity said:
Nish,

Sanity
ya you are right i had send an email but i got a reply to send details again as i had made a typo error. its more than i week i had sent them detail again. awaiting reply. my app was received on 21st july. one of my friend whose app was received on 20th july got reply that his app was awaiting initial processing.

i also got my BD checked on saturday but it was still not encashed.

dreams7850

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
Sept 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Request
Feb 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping Aug 2013
Thanks guys :) This threa is very informative and warm....the wait is killing me but i am hoping a positive response. I have emailed them and again waiting for a response.

Good luck to all!

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
can_ai_dua_na said:
MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM MY IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT:

Dear Client,

This is an update on the processing of Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted after the new CAP was announced on July 1, 2011. Out of the list of 29 open occupations, one (1) has reached the CAP of 500 and another is almost there, as follows:

1122 – Professional Occupations Business Services to Management – CAP reached on August 22, 2011

3152 – Registered Nurses – CAP almost reached. Stands at 473 on September 13, 2011

What does this mean?
Well, this date is very misleading as it only shows when the office in Canada registered or opened new applications and that the number they opened reached 500. The Program Manager of this Central Intake Processing Office located in Nova Scotia, Canada, Mr. Randy Orr, at a recent seminar for consultants held in Toronto, confirmed that they had received 34,000 applications so far in all categories. Given the small number of applicants shown in other categories, we can assume that most of this number was for the occupation listed above and others that are almost at 500 or high up in number.

The PM also confirmed that over half had already been sent back by regular mail after a delay of 2 or more months for review or are in the process of being sent back due to the CAP being reached or for the reason of a small issue such as not checking a box or not providing the correct document as per their requirement, which for the most part given their new checklists which are very ambiguous, is not at all difficult to do. These are all tools to refuse applications and keep numbers down, which have been built into the system.

To say the least, Canada's current way of processing applications and treating applicants has much to be desired. However, given the demand for entry into Canada, they can afford to adopt such an attitude and business model. The only remedy is to challenge them in Federal Court, which for most is not really an option given the cost, time and no guarantee of positive outcome.

While this is not reassuring to our clients or provides any sort of clarification we will advise you individually once we have any update on your application.

While the issues discussed, would generally apply only to occupations with high CAP numbers, we are hopeful that the ones showing lower numbers will not be effected and files will be accepted.

While I can understand your frustration at not knowing the outcome or where things stand, I am only able to provide information that is available. For all of us, we are in unchartered waters so to speak and are learning as we go. We will do our best to give you the best possible options to move forward and work diligently to achieve your goals.

Kindly acknowledge receipt of this email.

Thank you.

Yours very truly,
Dear can_ai_dua_na,
Thank you for sharing this email.

34000applications!!!!!! can you immagine that you have to create a mail merge for more than 24000 people telling them that their application is on its way back as it was incomplete, or because CAP was reached.... No wonder we saw PERs for July 5 only, No wonder the updates are very slow. Most of this could have been avoided by announcing CAP reached early enough, instead we can still see on the website that 3152's Cap is still open... God knows how many 3152s they will have to return, and how much time and resources they will loose in returning all of these applications.

gabry

Aug 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
application received 6th July
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
dreams7850 said:
Thanks guys :) This threa is very informative and warm....the wait is killing me but i am hoping a positive response. I have emailed them and again waiting for a response.

Good luck to all!
Hi Dreams

Fully agree with you waiting is killing me as well

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Big O said:
Dear can_ai_dua_na,
Thank you for sharing this email.

34000applications!!!!!! can you immagine that you have to create a mail merge for more than 24000 people telling them that their application is on its way back as it was incomplete, or because CAP was reached.... No wonder we saw PERs for July 5 only, No wonder the updates are very slow. Most of this could have been avoided by announcing CAP reached early enough, instead we can still see on the website that 3152's Cap is still open... God knows how many 3152s they will have to return, and how much time and resources they will loose in returning all of these applications.
CIC must fix this problem next year or the number of app's filed in the first day will only go up and they will have a bigger problem.

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
alexchristi said:
CIC must fix this problem next year or the number of app's filed in the first day will only go up and they will have a bigger problem.
They might have a chance to get out of the "danger zone" by end of this year but the late updates on their website is jeopordizing the results of reducing the cap,
One of the annouced reasons for reducing the CAP is to be able to minimize the existing backlog, but they are not helping themselves (and reciprocally the immigration applicants) by delaying the CAP reached announcement.