Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
isis_jd said:
for those who emailed CIC regarding the status of their applications, did you get a response from them already? I applied under 3152 and my BD hasn't been charged yet. :(
mine wasnt charged yet. I wonder why they arent charging BD's .. :-X

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
isis_jd said:
for those who emailed CIC regarding the status of their applications, did you get a response from them already? I applied under 3152 and my BD hasn't been charged yet. :(
Hi everyone
A lot of discussion and blame game is there.
I am not saying that you cannot put your point of view on any agreement or disagreement but i know that challenging the authenticity of ny person until and unless u have proof is wrong.

Any ways the main point what I would like to tell you is that as I have reported earlier on this forum that I went to my bank to know the status of my BD and they have told me earlier that my BD was reported on 15th of july by the receiver general of canada. as many of the members commented that it cannot be correct as my application was received on 14th july itself.
Today after these discussion going on the forum I went again to the bank and told them the development and asked them to recheck my BD status and as the last time it happened he showed me the window on his computer unlike before I was more careful in reading all the details of the status-
i checked-
My name, date of issue of BD , name of the bank, BD no.. and amount.
Now at the bottom of all these details there was a sentence and i will spell the exact sentence- Reported on 07/15/11.
I said that explain me the procedure he told me that the day we make the BD we take that money out ( the value of the draft + fee) from your account and put it in the treasury account which is called suspense account.
Now when u send the draft to the recipient he has to produce to the branch of issuing Bank now as soon as he produces to the branch ( in my case it is HDFC from India and they have tie up with Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada) the branch reports it to the issuing port that time and day is reported as reported at xxxx date. now the bank takes it for clearing which normally takes around 21- 25 working days to report as en-cashed.
Now I asked that the money is lying with your bank can they dishonor if they don't have the money with them or delay in transfer is there ( i knew t was a silly question but due to all this development i m thinking on each and every angle which can be possible) any ways he laughed on my question and said BD is as goo as cash and when we tie up with a bank abroad there are certain arrangements between us and it is not the matter of money lying in whose account it is the recognition of each and every transaction which would generally happen in our own branches.
Now I said that as u said that it takes 21- 25 working days to en-cash than u might have en-cashed it as it is more than that now. He told me as it is a retail branch we don't have a access to treasury account.( I got all this details as the branch manager is my friend). He said that be rest assured that your BD is encashed.
Now some calculations If the bd is encashed and cap has reached and application returned-
Approx 30 cad to make a new BD to return
approx-15 cad if couriered through regular mail.
Total- 45 cad per return application.
as stated they received 500 application till 8th now cap filled date is 22nd july around 45 days say at this speed they might receive 40 application / day (least) * 45 days =1800 applications lets assume 800 are cc
so 800*15 cad (only courier) = 12000 CAD
Now 1000*45 ( courier + BD making charges)= 45000 CAD
Total - 57000 Cad to the least assumption.
Now tell me what is the outcome of this exercise who pays this money. yes u r right the government and only the government and whose money tax payers will the tax payers just sit and watch.

Now for the people whose application are returned-
A- they might have paid by credit card.
the transaction didnt went through.
B- Incomplete document
If they reply you that your document was incomplete and returned back u will write to them that which document was incomplete.
now they reply x document
u reply I have rechecked and its fine tell me whats the problem
they reply y are the problems.
then again so on and so forth now when the cap has reached they would think that what is the point of argument on the incomplete document as the cap is full and even u rectify it and send it makes no sense. . better standard reply as the cap is full we are returning it back it is never said that your application was received after the cap was full so we are returning it back.
Guys please comment.

keyur_foryou

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mumbai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish7777 said:
Hi everyone
I am not saying that you cannot put your point of view on any agreement or disagreement but i know that challenging the authenticity of ny person until and unless u have proof is wrong.

Any ways the main point what I would like to tell you is that as I have reported earlier on this forum that I went to my bank to know the status of my BD and they have told me earlier that my BD was reported on 15th of july by the receiver general of canada. as many of the members commented that it cannot be correct as my application was received on 14th july itself.
Today after these discussion going on the forum I went again to the bank and told them the development and asked them to recheck my BD status and as the last time it happened he showed me the window on his computer unlike before I was more careful in reading all the details of the status-
i checked-
Now at the bottom of all these details there was a sentence and i will spell the exact sentence- Reported on 07/15/11.
I said that explain me the procedure he told me that the day we make the BD we take that money out ( the value of the draft + fee) from your account and put it in the treasury account which is called suspense account.
Now when u send the draft to the recipient he has to produce to the branch of issuing Bank now as soon as he produces to the branch ( in my case it is HDFC from India and they have tie up with Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada) the branch reports it to the issuing port that time and day is reported as reported at xxxx date. now the bank takes it for clearing which normally takes around 21- 25 working days to report as en-cashed.
Now I asked that the money is lying with your bank can they dishonor if they don't have the money with them or delay in transfer is there ( i knew t was a silly question but due to all this development i m thinking on each and every angle which can be possible) any ways he laughed on my question and said BD is as goo as cash and when we tie up with a bank abroad there are certain arrangements between us and it is not the matter of money lying in whose account it is the recognition of each and every transaction which would generally happen in our own branches.
Now I said that as u said that it takes 21- 25 working days to en-cash than u might have en-cashed it as it is more than that now. He told me as it is a retail branch we don't have a access to treasury account.( I got all this details as the branch manager is my friend). He said that be rest assured that your BD is encashed.
Now some calculations If the bd is encashed and cap has reached and application returned-
as stated they received 500 application till 8th now cap filled date is 22nd july around 45 days say at this speed they might receive 40 application / day (least) * 45 days =1800 applications lets assume 800 are cc
Now tell me what is the outcome of this exercise who pays this money. yes u r right the government and only the government and whose money tax payers will the tax payers just sit and watch.

B- Incomplete document
If they reply you that your document was incomplete and returned back u will write to them that which document was incomplete.
then again so on and so forth now when the cap has reached they would think that what is the point of argument on the incomplete document as the cap is full and even u rectify it and send it makes no sense. . better standard reply as the cap is full we are returning it back it is never said that your application was received after the cap was full so we are returning it back.
Guys please comment.
Hi Satish very nicely said and explained thanks for the same

i just had a query why no cc are getting charged for any other noc's as well as 1122 .... may be you can throw some light on this as others in this forum have only one thing to say "cap full"

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish7777 said:
Hi everyone

i checked-

B- Incomplete document
Guys please comment.
Satish,

So you are 100% sure that your BD has been encashed ? this is really weird ....so what about the other people they have received the letter of cap filled

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish7777 said:
Hi everyone

22nd of August

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish7777 said:
Hi everyone

i checked-

B- Incomplete document
Guys please comment.
Guys ,

Anybody has the same case a satish please comment ... that's will turn down the table

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
I used the bank account of my aunt to get a bank/demand draft..from the time that the bank draft was made..It was automatically credited from her account. so the bankdraft must be credited to the bank already not on our record/bank account..Its as good as paid cash...

anyways..anyone knows how to apply for a student visa?which one goes first?study permit or TRV?please reply..thanksssss

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Are we in the cap or are we not...thats the biggest question right now. specially when there is no other movement from cic.

I know 4-5 people have received letter of cap filled. and i know that its all over now. but still there are some unexplained points which come to my mind.

1. why isnt cc / bd charged of any other noc since so many days. you see the spreadsheet and there are may applicants in other noc. atleast one should have reported cc / bd charged by now.

2. can cic be so irresponsible in communicating the cap filled dates. 45 days back log is too much to believe. they are govt. bodies and are answerable for any blunders made. can they make such blunders. they will have to spend thousands of dollars to process and return all the applications received after 8th july.

3. if there are only two persons in cic checking completeness of application for 1122 applicants, one guy can take maximum of 15 min to check completeness, and so both of them can check atleast 40-50 applications a day. so how can be there a back log of 45 days. and i am sure there are more people working in cic.

4. cc /bd charging cannot be base to be considered for cap. because cc and bd both the modes of payment have different processing time. for example Guy A's application is recieved on 5th july and Guy B's application is received on 6th july. A has given BD and B has give cc. it is possible that if cic sends A's bd to be charged, it might be charged after CC payment of B. So payment was charged for B first but application of A was received first. moreover differnet BD from different countries and banks also have different processing time.

Can someone answer these questions.

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi
Thanks for the comment
If the website states that x no. of applications received by y date it says applications received (no mention of opened or pending or backlog) so if that is correct my logic stands correct and if that is wrong it is against the operational procedure. So it is nothing but my perception of looking at things based on the proofs i have from my bank etc and what is correct only time can tell.
Now one more thing
total application received till 22nd aug is 1296 say they opened the first application on 5th of July ( as it was holiday before that ) so from 5th july to 22nd aug is 7 weeks *5 days (2 days weekend) = 35 days
now 1296/35= 37 applications / day say additional 23 application incomplete and all= 60 applications now if 20 people working on a 8 hr shift are checking 60 application/day that means it took them around 3 hrs to check 1 application.
now do you think that if they have received 500 application by 8th july they would work at this snail speed.
now if they say that they have received 500 application by 8th july than 40% of the total application received is in wouldn't u think that they will have more no. of people checking the form and at good speed than when they would be updating the site on periodic basis sometimes almost daily how can they have 40 days backlog.
anybody is welcome to prove me wrong but with a logic.
my request to all of the people who got the negative reply is that please update on your mode of payment and that will clear the scenario.

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish7777 said:
Hi
Thanks for the comment
If the website states that x no. of applications received by y date it says applications received (no mention of opened or pending or backlog) so if that is correct my logic stands correct and if that is wrong it is against the operational procedure. So it is nothing but my perception of looking at things based on the proofs i have from my bank etc and what is correct only time can tell.
Now one more thing
total application received till 22nd aug is 1296 say they opened the first application on 5th of July ( as it was holiday before that ) so from 5th july to 22nd aug is 7 weeks *5 days (2 days weekend) = 35 days
now 1296/35= 37 applications / day say additional 23 application incomplete and all= 60 applications now if 20 people working on a 8 hr shift are checking 60 application/day that means it took them around 3 hrs to check 1 application.
now do you think that if they have received 500 application by 8th july they would work at this snail speed.
now if they say that they have received 500 application by 8th july than 40% of the total application received is in wouldn't u think that they will have more no. of people checking the form and at good speed than when they would be updating the site on periodic basis sometimes almost daily how can they have 40 days backlog.
anybody is welcome to prove me wrong but with a logic.
my request to all of the people who got the negative reply is that please update on your mode of payment and that will clear the scenario.
Due to the limited number for the cap, the immigration officers will definitely check each application with more caution and scrutiny..i have posted early on the strategy this year for the CIO-500 and here it is again:
The CIO and its processing strategies:

Utter compliance with R(10) and R(11)

The Centralized Intake Office, at the Case Processing Center in Sydney, Nova Scotia has a mandate to process all new applications for Permanent Residence Status under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

From an intake point of view, the mandate of this office causes a rather significant number of applications to flow into the CIO rendering the capacity of the CIO under constant pressure.

In light of the abovementioned, the assessment of files submitted under Category 1 (claims of possession of a minimum of one year of fulltime paid experience in one of the occupations designated by the minister), is performed by officers with all due caution and scrutiny. The officers' mandate is to ensure that only utterly complete applications are placed in the processing queue and recommended for further processing by “a” visa post (Embassy, High Commission or Consulate).

The above described level of scrutiny practiced on the part of visa officers at the CIO will now be amplified as a result of the reduction of the total number of application in the occupation groups that are eligible for submission, as more applicants will try to submit their files “in time” before the cap hits, whether the file is utterly complete or not. On July 1st, 2011 the minister of citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism announced that the total number of applications to be processed under each occupation group is 500, with a total quota of 10,000 applications to be processed between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012.

Applications that are not in full conformity with R (10) and R (11) will be returned to the applicant pursuant to R (12).

Applications that are complete in terms of components (Supporting documents, forms and fees) but not in terms of criteria compliance, will be placed in the processing queue of the CIO and will then be refused.

The remedy
1. Understanding the meaning of the Occupation Groups.

It is of the essence that applicants understand the spirit of each NOC group. Mere titles and position summaries are insufficient. The applicant must firstly ensure that S/He did in fact perform a substantial number of the duties described in the NOC occupational structure, they need to ensure that they can satisfactorily document their experience.

Bulking up the work experience section of the application package with material that is mostly irrelevant to the essence of the claimed NOC group, will not cause the officer to overlook the lack of presence of the proper substantiation of the main duties claimed on the application forms.

Simply put, you must have performed the duties of the NOC group you are claiming membership of and you must be able to extensively document those particular duties.

2. Understanding the quota at the CIO, the timelines of the IELTS and the TEF examination centers

There is no application without the conclusive evidence of language ability.
Applying to the CIO requires very precise and comprehensive planning and coordination. An Applicant must firstly understand the testing times for the IELTS and the TEF examinations, keep a very close eye on the cap of applications in the same group the applicant is applying under that have been received by the CIO, the time required to procure the remainder of the supporting documentation for the file.

3. Ensuring that all regulatory components are present in the application package prior to dispatch in order to circumvent the application being returned due to component deficiency

Applications complete in terms of components yet refused due to lack of compliance with the definition of a Skilled Worker (i.e. refused due to points deficiency or NOC group lack of true membership):

Applications received at the CIO face one of three potential outcomes:

- Positive Final Assessment (Approved, file will be screened for inadmissibility at a visa post)

- Returned to applicant due to missing components (not refused, the cost recover fees paid will be refunded)

- Refused due to deficient points or lack of satisfactory documentation that substantiates membership in the claimed eligible NOC group (an assessment of the point will have taken place, and the processing fees are non refundable)

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
COOLIZIM said:
Due to the limited number for the cap, the immigration officers will definitely check each application with more caution and scrutiny..i have posted early on the strategy this year for the CIO-500 and here it is again:
The CIO and its processing strategies:

Utter compliance with R(10) and R(11)

The Centralized Intake Office, at the Case Processing Center in Sydney, Nova Scotia has a mandate to process all new applications for Permanent Residence Status under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

From an intake point of view, the mandate of this office causes a rather significant number of applications to flow into the CIO rendering the capacity of the CIO under constant pressure.

In light of the abovementioned, the assessment of files submitted under Category 1 (claims of possession of a minimum of one year of fulltime paid experience in one of the occupations designated by the minister), is performed by officers with all due caution and scrutiny. The officers' mandate is to ensure that only utterly complete applications are placed in the processing queue and recommended for further processing by “a” visa post (Embassy, High Commission or Consulate).

The above described level of scrutiny practiced on the part of visa officers at the CIO will now be amplified as a result of the reduction of the total number of application in the occupation groups that are eligible for submission, as more applicants will try to submit their files “in time” before the cap hits, whether the file is utterly complete or not. On July 1st, 2011 the minister of citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism announced that the total number of applications to be processed under each occupation group is 500, with a total quota of 10,000 applications to be processed between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012.

Applications that are not in full conformity with R (10) and R (11) will be returned to the applicant pursuant to R (12).

Applications that are complete in terms of components (Supporting documents, forms and fees) but not in terms of criteria compliance, will be placed in the processing queue of the CIO and will then be refused.

The remedy
1. Understanding the meaning of the Occupation Groups.

It is of the essence that applicants understand the spirit of each NOC group. Mere titles and position summaries are insufficient. The applicant must firstly ensure that S/He did in fact perform a substantial number of the duties described in the NOC occupational structure, they need to ensure that they can satisfactorily document their experience.

Bulking up the work experience section of the application package with material that is mostly irrelevant to the essence of the claimed NOC group, will not cause the officer to overlook the lack of presence of the proper substantiation of the main duties claimed on the application forms.

Simply put, you must have performed the duties of the NOC group you are claiming membership of and you must be able to extensively document those particular duties.

2. Understanding the quota at the CIO, the timelines of the IELTS and the TEF examination centers

Applying to the CIO requires very precise and comprehensive planning and coordination. An Applicant must firstly understand the testing times for the IELTS and the TEF examinations, keep a very close eye on the cap of applications in the same group the applicant is applying under that have been received by the CIO, the time required to procure the remainder of the supporting documentation for the file.

3. Ensuring that all regulatory components are present in the application package prior to dispatch in order to circumvent the application being returned due to component deficiency

Applications complete in terms of components yet refused due to lack of compliance with the definition of a Skilled Worker (i.e. refused due to points deficiency or NOC group lack of true membership):

Applications received at the CIO face one of three potential outcomes:

- Positive Final Assessment (Approved, file will be screened for inadmissibility at a visa post)

- Returned to applicant due to missing components (not refused, the cost recover fees paid will be refunded)

- Refused due to deficient points or lack of satisfactory documentation that substantiates membership in the claimed eligible NOC group (an assessment of the point will have taken place, and the processing fees are non refundable)
Hi
very informative now Few things to be highlighted

Now again if the no. of application received status on the website is to be followed with very close eye as per CIO so do you think they will say that if they will have a 45 days backlog.

Returned to applicant due to missing components (not refused, the cost recover fees paid will be refunded)

All the people who have got the negative reply were told that they will get there docs as well as processing fee they may be lying under the above criteria.

they havent got any file no. .with the refusal because of this reason

SmGrGe

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011, cc charged on 12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted including PCC
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted, 8.5 band
File Transfer...
In Process at VO: 22-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
Does that mean applications whose credit card have been charged and within the cap already have:

1. Sufficient points
2. Sufficient documentation to prove claim in the NOC applied for
3. Can still be returned due to missing components

What is cost recover fees?

If all is well, you get a positive final assessment from CIO and then it goes to visa post.

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
SmGrGe said:
Does that mean applications whose credit card have been charged and within the cap already have:

1. Sufficient points

If all is well, you get a positive final assessment from CIO and then it goes to visa post.

yes it can be returned until u get a PER
I think the cost recover fee will be the processing fee. (I may be wrong on this point)

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SmGrGe said:

1. Sufficient points

this cost recovered fees is the application fees for you and family members