Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
i dont understand why everyone is debating so much on notarized copy issue.

we are already spending hefty amounts on application fees and on consultants. so it is advised to spend a little more and get all the photocopies of any documents notarized. whether or not required, written and however interpretted by applicants.

regards

Nader1980

Aug 3, 2011
we have reache a critical moment & the thruth will reflect one idea, tomorrow the cap will reach the 500, and we will start the next phase of patience

angel.got.69

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
sooner than expected!
LANDED..........
soon within this year or early next year!
forcabarca86 said:
Dear forum members,

I thought I'd offer my two cents on the notarized documents debate.

As per my reading of the rules, only two types of documents must be notarized:

A) when the original is not in either french or english
B) when the checklist specifically demands a notarized copy (e.g. "notarized employment contracts")

Evidence of my theory working (atleast for me) is that my application passed the initial completion check despite many documents being simple copies of originals (i.e. Non-notarized). Ofcourse I could still be handed a NER (because of not notarizing my documents) but it seems rather frivolous of the CIO to pass a completeness check if all documents need to be notarized.

The lively discussion on the forum however has put some doubts in to my mind as well. I agree with members who choose to play a safe game and send only notarized copies of originals.

As a final point I'd just like to share my rather controversial view of immigration consultants. While I wouldnt go as far as calling them all frauds, this is certainly an industry which capitalizes on people's doubts and lack of information. Essentially, they read instuctions from a checklist we all have, and tell us to do work we could all have done with ease after a careful reading of the document. By and large the view that hiring an immigration consultant helps your chances of immigration seems to be a myth - just look at the spreadsheet with this year's applicants. Of all those who have passed the completeness check, only two hired a consultant I believe work experience and adaptability points are far greater determining factors. A consultant who makes money by compiling applications isn't going to reject easy money by telling a particular client that they have a "weak" case.

I think Wayne's (or Capuccino's) blog is a far greater advisory tool than a person looking to make money from your desire to move to Canada. With thorough online research and interaction with other applicants on similar forums, an applicant can get the best possible advice absolutely free!

Good luck everyone!

I totally agree with you.

I also contemplate on the fact that Visa Specific Check List will prevail for those who had applied prior to the public announcement of the new guidelines posted on the 18th of July 2011. They cannot simply state that a new policy will take in effect retrospectively. Thus, if an application was made prior to the updates made by CIC the visa specific instructions will be followed, if the Visa Specific office requested a notarized copy then the document should be notarized but if not then it is not necessary. As in the case of VO Manila (With notations on its first part that no other document from CIC could supersede its instructions) no notarized document was requested.

One more thing, not all countries have the same laws as to notarization. Others will simply state that once a document was issued by a government institution it is in effect a public document thus notarization is no longer needed as the verification of the said document could easily be dealt with by the issuing office.

Anyways, there are no winners in a debate, the Final judge will be CIC thru the visa officers, so just hope and pray…. For those who have not yet filled a FSW application follow the new guidelines, check your applications prior to sending it to CIO and see to it that you have complied with every instructions… surely there would be questions that cannot be answered by the instructional manual and if such arises feel free to ask in this forum or better yet call your visa office or email CIC for further instructions.

kelsey1900

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
10/08/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Interview........
22-02-2014
Hi Westpoint what do you mean by destination? I sent it by USPS to the centralized intake office, I dont know who received it though... USPS cannot provide details for foreign mails once it leaves the US

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
sho78 said:
My CC got charged today

NOC:3112
Received b CIO on 8th July

Regards.
Admins please update in the spreadsheet

toronto_dream2

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10,JUNE2011
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
BADSCORE-7
I would like to send my application to cio but how to fillup travel history supplemetary forms, i cant be able to write on computer. can i send scanned copy or just typing enough.please reply.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
toronto_dream2 said:
I would like to send my application to cio but how to fillup travel history supplemetary forms, i cant be able to write on computer. can i send scanned copy or just typing enough.please reply.
You could type it on a whitepaper and submit it alongwith the application. On the travel history column in the app, you should mention that the details are attached.

toronto_dream2 said:
Or simply u can fill it in your own handwriting with a black pen.Wish u best of luck for ur application.

brar82

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
toronto_dream2 said:
use Foxit Reader or Adobe 'Type writer' option.

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please add me on the spreadsheet

name : Mohammed yassin
noc: 1122
visa office : London
date application sent: 26th of July
date application was received by cio : 2nd of august
received by : G.Miller
w/ agency? y/n : N
destination[/font]
:

kpdes

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
IELTS Request
7.5 bands
File Transfer...
31-08-2013
Med's Request
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014...:-)
grimreaper said:
The posting on the website is 419 for the past 6 days.. Haven't they really received 80 odd applications in the past 6 days? :eek: Longhandle,KPdes any thoughts?
Grimreaper; according to me;NOC 1122 is full now and they'll update it soon..

Aug 17, 2011
Hi

I am from UK, Bristol and I sent my application on the 5th of July 2011.
They recieved on the 11th of July 2011

My NOC is: 0631
and 1233

This is my third attempt in sending my application. The last time my application went through byt my credit card declined the transaction as they thought it was fradulent as it was take in canada despite having more than required funds :(. Then the rules changed and then the cap got reached so I wasted 1 year.

Im praying that on this occasion it wors out for me. Let me know if its just me or are other people in this situation.

Kind Regards

Mabs

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
kpdes said:
Grimreaper; according to me;NOC 1122 is full now and they'll update it soon..
Even I feel the same.. It will be really helpful for both who have applied and planning to apply if they close the NOC now.. This situation really reflects what happened in the last week of October last year.. when the NOC appeared to be not full just because it was posted that way on the website but effectively they had received applications in excess of 1000 much before that..

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
mehboob.rasool said:
Hi

I am from UK, Bristol and I sent my application on the 5th of July 2011.
They recieved on the 11th of July 2011

My NOC is: 0631
and 1233

This is my third attempt in sending my application. The last time my application went through byt my credit card declined the transaction as they thought it was fradulent as it was take in canada despite having more than required funds :(. Then the rules changed and then the cap got reached so I wasted 1 year.

Im praying that on this occasion it wors out for me. Let me know if its just me or are other people in this situation.

Kind Regards

Mabs
Hope you have applied with a BD this time.. A BD is a safer choice as there is no question of rejection for whatever reason....

Aug 17, 2011
Hi

Thankyou for your reply.
I wanted to get DD but I had to go on holiday and wanted to send my application in time before I left which I did. I then rang up my credit card company and put a note on my account to make sure they dont reject the transaction.

I dont feel that my new credit card which ive used will get declined more likely they will pick on something to send the application abck to me.

All i can do is wait at the moment. By the way if they had to re send my application back how long does that normally take?

Kind Regards

Mabs