Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
forcabarca86 said:
Dear forum members,

I thought I'd offer my two cents on the notarized documents debate.

As per my reading of the rules, only two types of documents must be notarized:

A) when the original is not in either french or english
B) when the checklist specifically demands a notarized copy (e.g. "notarized employment contracts")

Evidence of my theory working (atleast for me) is that my application passed the initial completion check despite many documents being simple copies of originals (i.e. Non-notarized). Ofcourse I could still be handed a NER (because of not notarizing my documents) but it seems rather frivolous of the CIO to pass a completeness check if all documents need to be notarized.

The lively discussion on the forum however has put some doubts in to my mind as well. I agree with members who choose to play a safe game and send only notarized copies of originals.

As a final point I'd just like to share my rather controversial view of immigration consultants. While I wouldnt go as far as calling them all frauds, this is certainly an industry which capitalizes on people's doubts and lack of information. Essentially, they read instuctions from a checklist we all have, and tell us to do work we could all have done with ease after a careful reading of the document. By and large the view that hiring an immigration consultant helps your chances of immigration seems to be a myth - just look at the spreadsheet with this year's applicants. Of all those who have passed the completeness check, only two hired a consultant I believe work experience and adaptability points are far greater determining factors. A consultant who makes money by compiling applications isn't going to reject easy money by telling a particular client that they have a "weak" case.

I think Wayne's (or Capuccino's) blog is a far greater advisory tool than a person looking to make money from your desire to move to Canada. With thorough online research and interaction with other applicants on similar forums, an applicant can get the best possible advice absolutely free!

Good luck everyone!
Very well said. totally agree with you....+1

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
RKC said:
Hey Viz, xnista is a pre- 1st July 20011 applicant (applied on 29-6-2011) .
Some people sent their applications end of june only to be received by cic in first week of july. did u notice the application sent date column in the spreadsheet? xnista will be a post july 1st applicant. you are next RKC. must be very anxious.

fazeme

Aug 11, 2011
oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/30/2011 app received on 7/4/2011 bd cashed 7/22/2011
AOR Received.
PER 9/7/2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
18-Sept-2013
Interview........
nil
VISA ISSUED...
30-Oct-2013
LANDED..........
i think the VO checklist states what documents to be notarized, even if u have the original of the document, notarize it.

R

RKC

NKKD Hortons said:
Some people sent their applications end of june only to be received by cic in first week of july. did u notice the application sent date column in the spreadsheet? xnista will be a post july 1st applicant. you are next RKC. must be very anxious.
NK,

By application filed date I mean application received date at CIO. ( i.e. 29th June 2011 for xinsta)

The date when app was sent is totally insignificant. xinsta is on the post 26/6 after 1/1 tracker at row 130

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CP_D0_gP&pli=1&key=0AmdzsgHT36f-dEVKMUVyckF4UXdPbUxSZ1VlRzB6REE&hl=en_GB&authkey=CP_D0_gP#gid=0

Anxious yes, will check on Friday.

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
RKC said:
NK,

By application filed date I mean application received date at CIO. ( i.e. 29th June 2011 for xinsta)

The date when app was sent is totally insignificant. xinsta is on the post 26/6 after 1/1 tracker at row 130

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CP_D0_gP&pli=1&key=0AmdzsgHT36f-dEVKMUVyckF4UXdPbUxSZ1VlRzB6REE&hl=en_GB&authkey=CP_D0_gP#gid=0

Anxious yes, will check on Friday.

My mistake. You are right RKC.

bilderberg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 14, 2012
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6, 2012
hi to all..

I have some queries regarding our situation, hope you can help us to clear things out..

We want to re apply for FSW1 because our previous application was rejected due to lack of points. We are still eager to try it again but need to enhance more my IELTS score. The CIO emailed me regarding the breakdown of the scores, and completed the review. We lack 2 points..:( Anyway here are my questions, so sorry in advance if its too long.

1) I emailed them last week if they will going to return our original documents but until now, no reply. So I assume they will not going to returned back to us because, in the email its not stated that they will? return or not?

2) when the cio emailed me, they listed the breakdown of points.. The work experience "You were assigned 21 points for 4 years work experience. The point assessment is based upon evidence of work experience with Company A and B" Does it mean that they review also our Detailed Job Description? Cos some says that JD is crucial part. So Im just getting your opinion guys regarding the process of how the CIO review the documents.

3)I just want to confirm also that there are no specific visa office checklist for this batch, July 2011?

4) I am applying with my wife and as we review the checklist, Is it correct that she doesn't need Detailed Job Descriptions? and other supporting documents with regards to her work? Just COE will do?
All our original documents are with the CIO so its hard to gather from our previous employers (cos before Batch June 2010, the Singapore visa office needs the detailed job description also even if she is not the main applicant).Or can we submit printed but scanned documents?

Thank you in advance guys for the time you spent in reading all of this. God Bless us all.. I am starting to review the IELTS. Hopefully upon getting the good result, I would try to submit by the end of this year. Hoping that my NOC would not be full..

Thanks again and regards to all.

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED: 20 SEP 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band 8)
Med's Request
Nov 23 2011, via snail mail.
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
mehboob.rasool said:
Hi

I am from UK, Bristol and I sent my application on the 5th of July 2011.
They recieved on the 11th of July 2011

My NOC is: 0631
and 1233

This is my third attempt in sending my application. The last time my application went through byt my credit card declined the transaction as they thought it was fradulent as it was take in canada despite having more than required funds :(. Then the rules changed and then the cap got reached so I wasted 1 year.

Im praying that on this occasion it wors out for me. Let me know if its just me or are other people in this situation.

Kind Regards

Mabs
Hello, we share the same NOC, I am working in Dubai.
Why did they reject the first application?

R

RKC

bilderberg said:
hi to all..

I have some queries regarding our situation, hope you can help us to clear things out..

We want to re apply for FSW1 because our previous application was rejected due to lack of points. We are still eager to try it again but need to enhance more my IELTS score. The CIO emailed me regarding the breakdown of the scores, and completed the review. We lack 2 points..:( Anyway here are my questions, so sorry in advance if its too long.

1) I emailed them last week if they will going to return our original documents but until now, no reply. So I assume they will not going to returned back to us because, in the email its not stated that they will? return or not?

No they do not return documents after the eligibility review irrespective of the outcome.

2) when the cio emailed me, they listed the breakdown of points.. The work experience "You were assigned 21 points for 4 years work experience. The point assessment is based upon evidence of work experience with Company A and B" Does it mean that they review also our Detailed Job Description? Cos some says that JD is crucial part. So Im just getting your opinion guys regarding the process of how the CIO review the documents.

Yes when they assigned you 21 points for work experience it was after they went through your Job duties , reference letters in detail.

3)I just want to confirm also that there are no specific visa office checklist for this batch, July 2011?

Yes, there is only one checklist now. VO-specific chklist doesn't exists anymore.

4) I am applying with my wife and as we review the checklist, Is it correct that she doesn't need Detailed Job Descriptions? and other supporting documents with regards to her work? Just COE will do?
All our original documents are with the CIO so its hard to gather from our previous employers (cos before Batch June 2010, the Singapore visa office needs the detailed job description also even if she is not the main applicant).Or can we submit printed but scanned documents?

I guess, only if your spouse has engaged in full time work in Canada for at least a year in past 10 years that you need to send her work experience , reference & employment authorization letters . Also please check again query no. 4 with other members

Thank you in advance guys for the time you spent in reading all of this. God Bless us all.. I am starting to review the IELTS. Hopefully upon getting the good result, I would try to submit by the end of this year. Hoping that my NOC would not be full..

Thanks again and regards to all.
Find the answers in blue.

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey westpoint,

Xnista is pre-July applicant. Maybe posted on this thread by mistake. So Please delete the name from the spreadsheet.

bilderberg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 14, 2012
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6, 2012
Thank you so much RKC, the information u gave was so helpful. My spouse doesn't have work experience in Canada, so hopefully she doesn't need those Job Description. Hope we can passed all this trials. Thank you so much bro! Regards to all of us.

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
RKC said:
Hey Nk,
Are you planning to fire another app under 2121 with you being the PA.?
Yup! Working on it but have not decided. I have to take the IELTS, get my exp letter from company and few other docs. I regret not applying for Delhi VO (with 3131). Buffalo VO sucks. I did not realize that early enough. Life is tough in USA for dependants like me. I am stuck here and cant work.

NKKD Hortons said:
Yup! Working on it but have not decided. I have to take the IELTS, get my exp letter from company and few other docs. I regret not applying for Delhi VO (with 3131). Buffalo VO sucks. I did not realize that early enough. Life is tough in USA for dependants like me. I am stuck here and cant work.
Dear Admin July FSW 2011 Spreadsheet ! Please add my details for 3rd file. Lubob/3112/New Delhi/16-08-2011/still in courier/Demand Draft/Filing on my own/Surrey.Once i get my courier receipt details , i will update remaining details. Regards and Thanks . keep up the good work.

forcabarca86

Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent With Application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: 08-09-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App. 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
08-10-2011
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-04-2013 (Delivered on 10-04-2013) (3rd Line: 19-04-2013)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2013 (sent on 19-09-2013) (Delivered on 23-09-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013 (Passports Received on 20-10-2013)
LANDED..........
29-03-2014 (Toronto)
NKKD Hortons said:
Very well said. totally agree with you....+1
Thanks!

:)