Join List of Pakistani Residents After 1 April 2010 CHC London

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaziabibi said:
DEPEND ON CASE TO CASE, IN MY CASE BC CHECKS STARTED SINCE AUGUST, 2011 BEFORE MR, AND STILL CONTINUE.......WHEN COME TO AN END NO IDEA
There are 2 types of different background checks.

1.Before medicals. (The Standard Documentation Checks)
2.After medicals. (The Security & Criminality Checks.)

QORAX:
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
sibbi said:
Hi All,
I have received CAIPS Notes but noted that CIC withheld certain portion of record/information and provided following explanation in cover letter:

This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act for the London CAIPS notes concerning ...........received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on ....
The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 19(1) personal information, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act.
Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

No one can answer your question here post this question on Qorax's thread

Is it common practice that CIC withheld certain portion of record or this is specifically done in my case? The forum members who have already received CAIPS Notes are requested to comment, please.
Regards

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
imran01 said:
bohat bohat mobarikbaad to all of u..
welcome to the next que.. and i hope all u got passport back before this month end..
Hi imran,
Approximately after how many days one can expect Visa after submitting PPR-2.
Secondly what was the outcome of your baby boy thumb impression issue.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darwaish said:
Alhumdullilah! have received my ppr2 :)
LVO has asked for PPs, return address label and two recent photographs for each member
Thanks Allah and I also pray for friends who are waiting for their pprs since ages.
Best wishes
Congrats Darwaish jee

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
sibbi said:
Hi All,
I have received CAIPS Notes but noted that CIC withheld certain portion of record/information and provided following explanation in cover letter:

This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act for the London CAIPS notes concerning ...........received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on ....
The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 19(1) personal information, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act.
Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Is it common practice that CIC withheld certain portion of record or this is specifically done in my case? The forum members who have already received CAIPS Notes are requested to comment, please.
Regards
I think no one can answer your question on this thread better to post this question on the Qorax's thread

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah in September 2014
Hi Star
I received 6 to 12 months wait letter and as per CAIPS notes my next BFD is 30.4.2013. Today me e-case status showing old address. Is your e-case status showing old address or current address reappeared.
Regards

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
sibbi said:
Hi Star
I received 6 to 12 months wait letter and as per CAIPS notes my next BFD is 30.4.2013. Today me e-case status showing old address. Is your e-case status showing old address or current address reappeared.
Regards
I asked my visa officer, she replied that it is due to system problem, showing wrong info, dont worry about that.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RNSS said:
Congrats. I wish you all the success.

I want to seek some information about my case. I applied in Nov 2009 and sent docs in April 2010, Processing began in Feb 12. They sent original docs and their correspondence via normal post which got lost and no trace. Now they sent a letter requesting updated forms, 2 recent photos, ORIGINAL DEGREE and ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTS. Is it normal for them to ask ORIGINAL DEGREE and ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTS despite the fact that I already sent original transcripts to them in university sealed envelopes in April 2010. Will they return it afterwards. Why they need more photos now? Do they ask from every one. ALL ARE REQUESTED TO ADVISE ME.
VOs really operate in a twilight zone. Regarding their SoPs, nothing can be said in a definite way as their internal procedures keep rolling and we don't even get a clue here.
I know its frustrating but this is how it is!
Now for your case- I wonder if you registered the loss of documents with the Vo when docs got lost in mail? If yes, then, while sending any docs again, refer the previous communication and about the incident. Then request that they, after review, should kindly return your docs via any courier/secure service please (magic word)
As a matter of fact, in most of PAK cases, they always ask for original docs so you will have to bear with that.
For photos – they ask for new ones when the previous set is more than six months old AND your case is heading towards a stage where IO would need your fresh photos (e,g Meds. PPR2 etc)
Hope these sentences would defuse some of your confusions though “All Clear” is not meant for applicants who are facing this process.
Best

Jul 21, 2011
In my GCMS notes it is written

File to ISD for review and further instruction. Does any one know whats that. Is it some unit in CHC London or the name of immigration officer.

Any one else got ISD in his/her CAIPS/GCMS

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sibbi said:
Hi Star
Regards
Still showing old address.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All.

It is requested to senior members that kindly take responsibily for the list.

Canada123 and other who is interested kindly send me personal message.
I will hand over the word file to him.

Now my time is Finished , i hope inshallah in future we all will get VISA. :)
In next 2 weeks inshallah i am going to London kindly pray for me . :)

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards.

Ali Haider

K

K_S

staralihaider said:
hi ali n seniors..

on Tuesday i email CHC to return my originals and today i got this repl....Is this mean they just send me orignals NO MR :'( :'( :'( :( :(.....also please tell that is this mean my Document verification is done as they are returning educational docs so quickly on my request ??

Dear Miss,

Further to your recent request, please note that your original educational documents have been returned by TCS.

Yours sincerely,

Coming_to_Canada

Aug 9, 2011
K_S said:
hi ali n seniors..

on Tuesday i email CHC to return my originals and today i got this repl.... is this mean they just send me orignals NO MR :'( :'( :'( :( :(

Dear Miss,

Further to your recent request, please note that your original educational documents have been returned by TCS.

Yours sincerely,
dont worry k_s,
there is a high possibilirty that they will send u MR after they send back yor docs.. thats has happened b4.. returning docs mean that they r satisfied with your documents and are now moving forward with your case.. :)
good luck with your entire process :)