+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Sure, thanks @MMSR !!

@cicuser Most probably your oath invitation is going to come from Saskatoon Office, for your virtual ceremony. You can also see the event office in the GCMS notes if you alread have the recent GCMS notes.
I may be wrong, but I see that most applicants who got their file transferred from Niagara to Vancouver office got their oath invitation from Saskatoon.
Yes it's Saskatoon per GCMS notes. Fingers crossed.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Yes it's Saskatoon per GCMS notes. Fingers crossed.
you can also call to find out if you can. thats what i did and i was told the type of ceremony, date and location and time. i only had a ghost update on my tracker.. i had not gotten the oath email and ceremony was still "not started"... tracker update and oath email was the next day after i called.

Reactions: cicuser

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thank you so much @MMSR . Your encouragement, positive words and guidance has been of immense support to this group. Will update as soon as I get the oath email.
Wishing you nothing but the very best!
Thanks @cicuser for your sweet words :) :) all the best in your future plans!

Falanosfilanos

Feb 17, 2024
Congratulations to all who received their oath invitation!

It’s been 2 months for me since LPP completed and I am still waiting for the oath. I am really tired of waiting :(

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Congratulations to all who received their oath invitation!

It’s been 2 months for me since LPP completed and I am still waiting for the oath. I am really tired of waiting :(
Hi
I had a similar situation like yours. I called the agent, and he confirmed that everything was completed and ready for the ceremony. So, I sent an email to the office requesting the date and time for the ceremony, as I had already completed all the stages. And guess what? Within a week, my citizenship ceremony was scheduled.
You can try this. All the best

Reactions: Falanosfilanos

ishankp

Apr 14, 2024
Hi everyond. My PP completed on June 27th. L is showing In Progerss. One of my friend who went for citizenship interview asked the interviewer about this and he said that LPP is completed all together and there is sometimes an error in the system that leads to L showing In Progress and I should be getting oath invite now. Is there anyone else in the same situation? Waiting on oath is so frustrating
I recieved my GCMS notes yesterday. The latest note stated that "Language evdience on file, however, further review required. Referred to PII." This update was from 27th June. So I called IRCC today and they said the same thing that it's in progress. I told them that my 7 months are finishing on 29th August so they suggested me to call on 30th so that they can leave a message for the officer incharge. Don't know how long it's going to take and what further review they need for my language part as I have completed my Post Graduation Degree from Waterloo. This is so frustrating. There is no standard protocol that IRCC follows for these applications.

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I recieved my GCMS notes yesterday. The latest note stated that "Language evdience on file, however, further review required. Referred to PII." This update was from 27th June. So I called IRCC today and they said the same thing that it's in progress. I told them that my 7 months are finishing on 29th August so they suggested me to call on 30th so that they can leave a message for the officer incharge. Don't know how long it's going to take and what further review they need for my language part as I have completed my Post Graduation Degree from Waterloo. This is so frustrating. There is no standard protocol that IRCC follows for these applications.
I really don't know what to tell YOU
But PII is a personal Interview

So since it is withing IRCC, once you hit the 7 months you can call and request expedite process & reply

ishankp

Apr 14, 2024
I really don't know what to tell YOU
But PII is a personal Interview

So since it is withing IRCC, once you hit the 7 months you can call and request expedite process & reply
Thank you for your reply!!! Atleast I know that I have to go through a personal interview. May be I should call them again and ask to schedule an interview because the update was from June 27th and it's been 2 months

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply!!! Atleast I know that I have to go through a personal interview. May be I should call them again and ask to schedule an interview because the update was from June 27th and it's been 2 months
Yes call them and tell them that you received the GCMS notes and showing PII which you guess means Personal Interview

Check what they will reply back to you

neelafauji

Feb 1, 2018
Surrey,BC
Hello All,

my timelines

Application sent - 16 Jan 2024
AOR - 26 Jan 2024
Test Invitation - 16 FEB 2024 (Surrey)
Test Completed in tracker - 23 FEB 2024
Fingerprint email -04 MAR 2024 (VAN)
Fingerprint Updated on tracker - 01 APR 2024
Background Verification Updated on - 02 APR 2024
No update for a very long time
Letter Request to scan all pages of my passport: 20 AUG 2024 from IRCC.DNPNTCITPassport-PASSEPORTCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I realized that I have mistake in the dates when I left Canada and returned to Canada, provided wrong year.

I can see lots of people from JAN still waiting for the oath.

anyone on the same boat who has done this kind of mistake or any mistake ?

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello All,

my timelines

Application sent - 16 Jan 2024
AOR - 26 Jan 2024
Test Invitation - 16 FEB 2024 (Surrey)
Test Completed in tracker - 23 FEB 2024
Fingerprint email -04 MAR 2024 (VAN)
Fingerprint Updated on tracker - 01 APR 2024
Background Verification Updated on - 02 APR 2024
No update for a very long time
Letter Request to scan all pages of my passport: 20 AUG 2024 from IRCC.DNPNTCITPassport-PASSEPORTCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I realized that I have mistake in the dates when I left Canada and returned to Canada, provided wrong year.

I can see lots of people from JAN still waiting for the oath.

anyone on the same boat who has done this kind of mistake or any mistake ?
Hi I have added your data on the sheet
Can you provide the following:
City you applied from
Physical Presence when you applied
Date you received the test invite
Date you did the test.

Regarding the wrong in the date of they years, you can do Online Physical Calculator again and attach a copy of it to the email that have requested your Passports.

Tell them that you have did a mistake and explain it to them.

Hope this helps