+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Just called IRCC today, they told me criminality if passed but i am still stuck in security, i don't know how long that may take?
Unfortunately security to be cleared from CSIS has no time frame
some take them few months and other passed a year to pass it

did they request fingerprints from you?

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
LPP marked as completed today for me and my spouse. For 2 minors on the application it still shows waiting on us to submit PR cards.
We were asked to submit full passport scans for our passport and PR cards for minors. We submitted PR cards and our full passport scans within a day of each other but for minors it still shows waiting on us whereas for me and spouse LPP was marked as completed today.
@MMSR @Aishaadi @UserX1995

• Love
Reactions: UserX1995

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
LPP marked as completed today for me and my spouse. For 2 minors on the application it still shows waiting on us to submit PR cards.
We were asked to submit full passport scans for our passport and PR cards for minors. We submitted PR cards and our full passport scans within a day of each other but for minors it still shows waiting on us whereas for me and spouse LPP was marked as completed today.
Congratulations, sheet is updated
Any request of submitting extra docs from your side will stay there until a new update is shown on the tracker, so you can ignore it

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Congratulations!
I’m still waiting for Oath invitation.
Citizenship Ceremony still has ‘not started’. Last update(LPP Completion) was on Aug. 2nd

Reactions: cicuser and MMSR

Al96

Aug 8, 2019
Congratulations !
I’m still waiting LPP after sending full passport since July 5 I hope will receive new soon

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I have not yet received an email/invitation. But since the date is within 10 days and since I am not in the country (I am in the US for work), I have to make travel arrangements to be in Canada for the oath. Is there any way to know which office would administer the oath? I want to make sure that I book my flights to that location in case I get invited for an oath in person.
Also, post the oath ceremony what would be the quickest way to get the passport.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have not yet received an email/invitation. But since the date is within 10 days and since I am not in the country (I am in the US for work), I have to make travel arrangements to be in Canada for the oath. Is there any way to know which office would administer the oath? I want to make sure that I book my flights to that location in case I get invited for an oath in person.
Also, post the oath ceremony what would be the quickest way to get the passport.
Location is mostly close to your place of residence as mentioned in your application. Details will be in the oath email.

Reactions: cicuser

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Got tracker update today.
Citizenship ceremony changed to ‘In progress’ on Aug 15(tracker update today-Aug 17)

Citizenship oath date: Aug 27.
Expecting oath email soon from Saskatoon IRCC, probably (as per the initial GCMS notes)

Thanks everyone for all the support!!
@cicuser @E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M @Almamy92 @MMSR
Congratulations and a wonderful news for starting the weekend with :)))

All the best for you, just update us when you get the oath email to update the last thing in the sheet

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Congratulations for the oath invite email, you will know it is in person or Virtual.

if it is in person, it will be to the nearest location to your residence you have mentioned for your application

If it is virtual, you can take it from anywhere within Canada.

Once you have your certificate you can search in this link for the passport office who can do Urgent or Express pick up
you will pay more to process it faster of course.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp

Please update us when you receive the Oath email.

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Congratulations and a wonderful news for starting the weekend with :)))

All the best for you, just update us when you get the oath email to update the last thing in the sheet
Sure, thanks @MMSR !!

@cicuser Most probably your oath invitation is going to come from Saskatoon Office, for your virtual ceremony. You can also see the event office in the GCMS notes if you alread have the recent GCMS notes.
I may be wrong, but I see that most applicants who got their file transferred from Niagara to Vancouver office got their oath invitation from Saskatoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMSR

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Congratulations for the oath invite email, you will know it is in person or Virtual.

if it is in person, it will be to the nearest location to your residence you have mentioned for your application

If it is virtual, you can take it from anywhere within Canada.

Once you have your certificate you can search in this link for the passport office who can do Urgent or Express pick up
you will pay more to process it faster of course.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp

Please update us when you receive the Oath email.
Thank you so much @MMSR . Your encouragement, positive words and guidance has been of immense support to this group. Will update as soon as I get the oath email.
Wishing you nothing but the very best!