+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Thank you! Wishing the same for you!!
You will also get LPP cleared soon, in a month, now that they have asked passport copies for you also! :)
Could you please suggest how you consolidated all the passports in a single pdf file? I have 3 passports and the scanned size of every passport is coming to be more than 5 MB.

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Could you please suggest how you consolidated all the passports in a single pdf file? I have 3 passports and the scanned size of every passport is coming to be more than 5 MB.
Hi, if you google “scan multiple pages into one pdf”, you will get the options. I have a mac and I used the instructions on Apple forum to do it.
Scan pages with information in low resolutions/dpi and blank pages with the lowest dpi.
They will need blank pages also.

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Sharing my timeline below.

Jan 03, 2024 - AOR
Jan 19, 2024 - Scheduled for Citizenship Test
Jan 25, 2024 - Fingerprints Request
Jan 30, 2024 - Completed Citizenship Test
Mar 04, 2024 - Fingerprints Received
Mar 28, 2024 - Background Completed
Jun 19, 2024 - Online Interview
Jul 31, 2024 - LPP Completed
Aug 3, 2024 - Oath Scheduled for Aug 21, 2024

I understand the wait is brutal, the first couple of months were the hardest. I couldn’t stop checking the tracker, but eventually I decided to let the chips fall where they are, I moved on with my daily activities and stopped longing for the citizenship. Then boom, the email came! So bottom line is, sometimes you just have to have a little faith and let things run their own course.

This is probably my last post on this forum. The long journey has finally come to an end. Thank you for all the advice and guidances. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: MMSR and forw.jane

Chaper1

Jan 18, 2024
Sharing my timeline below.

Jan 03, 2024 - AOR
Jan 19, 2024 - Scheduled for Citizenship Test
Jan 25, 2024 - Fingerprints Request
Jan 30, 2024 - Completed Citizenship Test
Mar 04, 2024 - Fingerprints Received
Mar 28, 2024 - Background Completed
Jun 19, 2024 - Online Interview
Jul 31, 2024 - LPP Completed
Aug 3, 2024 - Oath Scheduled for Aug 21, 2024

I understand the wait is brutal, the first couple of months were the hardest. I couldn’t stop checking the tracker, but eventually I decided to let the chips fall where they are, I moved on with my daily activities and stopped longing for the citizenship. Then boom, the email came! So bottom line is, sometimes you just have to have a little faith and let things run their own course.

This is probably my last post on this forum. The long journey has finally come to an end. Thank you for all the advice and guidances. Good luck to everyone else!
Exact same timeline just waiting on oath now! Id say the same be patient good luck to all

Reactions: addyryoo

blessed99

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Congratulations to everyone on their citizenship journey so far.

I have received an invitation for the citizenship test and have two questions:

1. Do I need to download any software to take the online test? I plan on using the computers at the YMCA.
  2. I was given one month to write the test. On the day I choose, do I simply follow the link and sign in, or do I need to pre-schedule the test beforehand?
Thank you all for your help.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations to everyone on their citizenship journey so far.

I have received an invitation for the citizenship test and have two questions:

1. Do I need to download any software to take the online test? I plan on using the computers at the YMCA.
  2. I was given one month to write the test. On the day I choose, do I simply follow the link and sign in, or do I need to pre-schedule the test beforehand?
Thank you all for your help.
1. No software needed. Computer should have webcam and there should not be any disturbance behind you when you giving the test.
2. Just sign-in when you want to give it. No pre-scheduling needed.

Reactions: blessed99

ishankp

Apr 14, 2024
Hi everyond. My PP completed on June 27th. L is showing In Progerss. One of my friend who went for citizenship interview asked the interviewer about this and he said that LPP is completed all together and there is sometimes an error in the system that leads to L showing In Progress and I should be getting oath invite now. Is there anyone else in the same situation? Waiting on oath is so frustrating

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi everyond. My PP completed on June 27th. L is showing In Progerss. One of my friend who went for citizenship interview asked the interviewer about this and he said that LPP is completed all together and there is sometimes an error in the system that leads to L showing In Progress and I should be getting oath invite now. Is there anyone else in the same situation? Waiting on oath is so frustrating
You can call IRCC to confirm if it is completed or not

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Follow the directions provided in the email request for passport pages. Most important is your dpi and the compression. I was able to get 3 passports to less than 3mb. I used Adobe to put the individual files together, and it also included the translations of pages as needed [from a certified translator].

How to reduce the file size?

PDF format
• Recreate the PDF using the “lowest file size” option available.
• If you have images, save them with a resolution of 96 DPI (dots per inch).
• Remove all unnecessary images.
You may find file size and image options under the advanced settings section of the software you are
using.

JPG format
• Scan your document at a lower resolution (96 DPI).
• Remove all empty space around the image.
• Shrink the image.
• Reduce the JPG image quality.

TIFF and PNG format
• Scan your document at a lower resolution (96 DPI).
• Crop the image to remove any empty space around it.
• Shrink the image.
• Save the file in JPG format instead.

DOC and DOCX format
• Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros.
• Save the file as a recent Word version.
• Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document.
• If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.

Reactions: cicuser