+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO, I didn't call. I just got everything and was focused on paying the biometrics fee and trying to coordinate with my daughter to get her stuff done. I am hoping that they will give the biometrics request soon. I have to send it to my daughter who is out of state at the moment and I did not want to have to mail her twice, or send her out across the state to do things twice. They need to realize that people have to travel and coordinate with jobs and such to get these things done. I did not pay the biometrics earlier because the website said that I did not have to as a US citizen. I also did not expect the medical to be so expensive and for them to not take insurance at all given that it is a physical. *Sigh ....It is what it is though.
That's quite strange, as far as I know US citizens do not need to do biometrics and other nationalities do not need as well if they've given them in the past. Are you sure it wasn't just a generic message ? Some times they ask for RPRF even if you paid it in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
NO, I didn't call. I just got everything and was focused on paying the biometrics fee and trying to coordinate with my daughter to get her stuff done. I am hoping that they will give the biometrics request soon. I have to send it to my daughter who is out of state at the moment and I did not want to have to mail her twice, or send her out across the state to do things twice. They need to realize that people have to travel and coordinate with jobs and such to get these things done. I did not pay the biometrics earlier because the website said that I did not have to as a US citizen. I also did not expect the medical to be so expensive and for them to not take insurance at all given that it is a physical. *Sigh ....It is what it is though.
How old is your daughter? Under 14,no biometrics required.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
How old is your daughter? Under 14,no biometrics required.
That one is 19. I have another that is 17. Do you have any idea how long (about) it takes for them to send the biometrics request after you have paid for it? It is not something that is not tracked on the spreadsheet, but I know many people have done it that way.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That one is 19. I have another that is 17. Do you have any idea how long (about) it takes for them to send the biometrics request after you have paid for it? It is not something that is not tracked on the spreadsheet, but I know many people have done it that way.
No, I don't, but recall it generally being sent pretty quick. It won't really hold up rest of the application until later in process but still good to get done relatively early.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
No, I don't, but recall it generally being sent pretty quick. It won't really hold up rest of the application until later in process but still good to get done relatively early.
My only concern is more that my daughter is out of state and I am trying to get her processed as well in a timely fashion and she has no access to a vehicle. The locations she has to go to for her medical and for her biometrics are relatively close to each other, but are a good distance to travel to from where she is now. I just wanted to try to get her to do it all in one go if possible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My only concern is more that my daughter is out of state and I am trying to get her processed as well in a timely fashion and she has no access to a vehicle. The locations she has to go to for her medical and for her biometrics are relatively close to each other, but are a good distance to travel to from where she is now. I just wanted to try to get her to do it all in one go if possible.
You should get them both around the same time, so no harm to wait so she can do them both in one go.

azan8

Mar 1, 2021
Hi Everyone,
my wife submitted Bio-metrics via VFS in Lahore on 08-march-2021 for spousal sponsorship
but on IRCC account still does not show they have the bio-metrics until now. VFS says they have sent bio-metrics to IRCC.
does anyone know how long it takes IRCC to receive bio-metrics info and when do they update client's online account with bio-metrics enrollment information.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
You should get them both around the same time, so no harm to wait so she can do them both in one go.
Well, unfortunately they have gone back to the 30 days to get it turned in notice instead of the 90 days others have reported because of COVID. The Doctor's office says that they will submit results after about 2 weeks, so there is not much wiggle room to get the medical in on time. As far as I have seen, you can't schedule the biometrics until after you have the letter to do so. Plus, she has no printer there, so I will have to print it and mail it to her. I already have to mail the medical one along with her passport because they said they require it over there.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, unfortunately they have gone back to the 30 days to get it turned in notice instead of the 90 days others have reported because of COVID. The Doctor's office says that they will submit results after about 2 weeks, so there is not much wiggle room to get the medical in on time. As far as I have seen, you can't schedule the biometrics until after you have the letter to do so. Plus, she has no printer there, so I will have to print it and mail it to her. I already have to mail the medical one along with her passport because they said they require it over there.
I'm fairly sure that if you write to them and say you can't schedule within the timeframe due to covid travel, they'll be flexible. For the medical, I think the submission is when you give the medical, not when they submit it.

You can get things printed at any copyshop and quite a lot of corner stores or hotels or other establishments. (I've asked a coffeeshop to print a document for me, as a favour, and they were nice about it).

Reactions: his*marty

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm fairly sure that if you write to them and say you can't schedule within the timeframe due to covid travel, they'll be flexible. For the medical, I think the submission is when you give the medical, not when they submit it.

You can get things printed at any copyshop and quite a lot of corner stores or hotels or other establishments. (I've asked a coffeeshop to print a document for me, as a favour, and they were nice about it).
I would advise against any unnecessary extension requests from your side unless it's absolutely necessary. It's already a long process, so if you're in the queue to be processed for the next step, any custom request might put you aside of that queue. A "week" of delay requested by you for convenience might turn into a few extra months of more waiting.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I would advise against any unnecessary extension requests from your side unless it's absolutely necessary. It's already a long process, so if you're in the queue to be processed for the next step, any custom request might put you aside of that queue. A "week" of delay requested by you for convenience might turn into a few extra months of more waiting.
I am inclined to agree. I hate putting out the extra money for her to travel so darn far, but I hate not being with my husband more. So, I will just have to pay twice I guess. I will probably have to have her redo her fingerprint clearance again too before this is all done.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,
my wife submitted Bio-metrics via VFS in Lahore on 08-march-2021 for spousal sponsorship
but on IRCC account still does not show they have the bio-metrics until now. VFS says they have sent bio-metrics to IRCC.
does anyone know how long it takes IRCC to receive bio-metrics info and when do they update client's online account with bio-metrics enrollment information.
mine showed on gckey a few hours after my husband completed it. Depends on the VO maybe?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The question is whether the next step in the queue is dependent on the biometric submission. As far as I can tell, for this and medical, usually not.

And for extension request - frankly it's more likely they won't even get to the webform request until it's already done.

The alternative scenario is that they get to the 30 day "deadline" and close the file immediately without looking at the webform. I don't think that's likely at present. I believe they actually have to check whether there is any relevant correspondence.

But it's not my file so up to AmyL to decide.

Reactions: his*marty

mamgain002

Dec 12, 2014
I remember giving my Medical in Cleavland 6 years back and it did cost me around 450 USD, insurance does not cover at least at that time.