+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
We are approx. same timeline.
Our apps not in VO yet, you can call ircc number and verify where is your app located- most likely still Sydney.

If they dont fast track our apps, then assume you should add whatever time since March to the estimated completion date. If they send app to Rabbat in March 2021, so add 1 year.
Can you clarify what you mean when you said if they send our application to Rabat in March 2021 add 1 year? Do you mean we might face a possibility of waiting till March 2022 after adding a year under normal processing times? I thought the timer starts the moment they receive our application, not the moment the file reaches a VO, but correct me if I am wrong.

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Can you clarify what you mean when you said if they send our application to Rabat in March 2021 add 1 year? Do you mean we might face a possibility of waiting till March 2022 after adding a year under normal processing times? I thought the timer starts the moment they receive our application, not the moment the file reaches a VO, but correct me if I am wrong.
No one here knows anything about processing times. We need to wait for an OFFICIAL announcement from IRCC.

Yes it starts from when the file is received in the mailroom

Last edited:

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Thank you for the reply!

I did email HKPF and they agreed to send a certified true copy of my HKPCC instead of an original one. My concern is, since IRCC mentioned in their official website, only the original PCC will be accepted, and a certified true copy may lead to the rejection of one's application, will the certified true copy cause any trouble? Did IRCC ask any question regarding your HKPCC?

Also, could you please let me know whether you chose to mail the copy of HKPCC to the Sydney Office again? Or did you have them send it to the Mississauga Office? Have IRCC confirmed with you that they have received your HKPCC?

Thank you tons!
Mine has no problem. IRCC confirmed that they received mine.

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
Timeline for sponsoring of wife from Algeria(No kids):

AR (Sydney) 2020-01-16 | AOR1 2020-01-31 | BIO Req 2020-02-11| SA 2020-03-11 | MR 2020-03-11 |
| BIO Passed
2020-02-17 | MP 2020-03-20 |

We haven't received any updates since medical was passed on March 20th. I submitted a webform and GCMS request for more information and the IRCC agent replying to the webform mentionned that our background verifications were in process despite our GCKEY saying that background check hasnt started. The GCMS notes mentionned that our file was forwarded to the VO(Paris) but we havent received AOR2 yet. I guess Paris VO hasn't processed our application yet.

I've attached the webform reply from IRCC and two pages from the GCMS notes mentionning Paris VO despite not receiving AOR2.

Reactions: DiiDii

notgoogle

Jul 13, 2020
Dubai
Thank you so much for the info.
I am filling IMM5532E now, in that i have doubt regarding part c, question 3. Are you living together now?

In our 3 years of marriage, we have lived together 1.5 years only due to job reasons.

How should i address this question?
the question that comes after that is what confused me and my husband. which is question 4: If you're not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? and there is a YES or NO check box.

i mean can i put N/A to that question? because we are living together (as stated in the previous question), and if i checked the YES box it means that we r not living together

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
they question that comes after that is what confused me and my husband. which is question 4: If you're not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? and there is a YES or NO check box.

i mean can i put N/A to that question? because we are living together (as stated in the previous question), and if i checked the YES box it means that we r not living together
Put N/A if the form allows, or leave it blank if not.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, what happens if we have a sponsorship the wife outside of Canada and comes with visit with TRV and stay canada having an sponsorship process outside? Does anyone have any opinion if it can be changed while in Canada with TRV?

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Timeline for sponsoring of wife from Algeria(No kids):

AR (Sydney) 2020-01-16 | AOR1 2020-01-31 | BIO Req 2020-02-11| SA 2020-03-11 | MR 2020-03-11 |
| BIO Passed
2020-02-17 | MP 2020-03-20 |

We haven't received any updates since medical was passed on March 20th. I submitted a webform and GCMS request for more information and the IRCC agent replying to the webform mentionned that our background verifications were in process despite our GCKEY saying that background check hasnt started. The GCMS notes mentionned that our file was forwarded to the VO(Paris) but we havent received AOR2 yet. I guess Paris VO hasn't processed our application yet.

I've attached the webform reply from IRCC and two pages from the GCMS notes mentionning Paris VO despite not receiving AOR2.

It is nice to see that you got a detailed answer. Although we have very similar timelines, the response I received from the webform has been very brief. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do in order to get a more detailed answer like yours?

Below is what I asked and the answer I received:

"Enquiry:
I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application and I hope someone can provide me with some answers. -
Country of wife: Morocco -
Application received: January 27, 2020 -
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 28, 2020
- Latest update: Review of medical results - March 18, 2020: You passed the medical exam.

I have not heard anything after March 18. I was under the impression that the application should be in Rabat right now since that is the next step. 1. Why did I not get an update indicating that my file is in Rabat? Was the application mishandled and forgotten to be sent to Rabat? 2. Is there anything I can do or should do to assist in this situation? For example, contacting someone such as a member of the parliament? I will appreciate any type of insight! Thank you!

Response

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Regarding your case status enquiry please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times nd the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Visit our website often to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, and citizenship and passport services:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

Sincerely,

KC

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

canada.ca/immigration"

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
It is nice to see that you got a detailed answer. Although we have very similar timelines, the response I received from the webform has been very brief. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do in order to get a more detailed answer like yours?

Below is what I asked and the answer I received:

"Enquiry:
I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application and I hope someone can provide me with some answers. -
Country of wife: Morocco -
Application received: January 27, 2020 -
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 28, 2020
- Latest update: Review of medical results - March 18, 2020: You passed the medical exam.

I have not heard anything after March 18. I was under the impression that the application should be in Rabat right now since that is the next step. 1. Why did I not get an update indicating that my file is in Rabat? Was the application mishandled and forgotten to be sent to Rabat? 2. Is there anything I can do or should do to assist in this situation? For example, contacting someone such as a member of the parliament? I will appreciate any type of insight! Thank you!

Response

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Regarding your case status enquiry please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times nd the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Visit our website often to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, and citizenship and passport services:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

Sincerely,

KC

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

canada.ca/immigration"
I don't think you should be concerned that your file was lost or anything like that because most of the processing stopped around that time mid March. I saw on other threads that some people don't even get AOR2 until their background check is almost complete. The fact that there is a second wave in Morroco and Algeria doesn't help our cases at all though.

As for the web form, my email wasn't much different than yours. Here's what I wrote. I got lucky with the agent replying to my enquiry.

Enquiry:
Hello, can you please provide an update on where my PR application is located or what step of the process have we reached? It is not easy being away from a spouse for such a long period of time so I hope you can understand why I am seeking answers to these questions. My husband and I understand the unique times we are in during the pandemic and appreciate the effort being put forward by all the immigration officers still going to work. Thank you for the crucial service you provide.

Last edited:

Tenzintenzin

Oct 24, 2018
hellow... i am canadian sponsoring my wife from india.. she done with medical and biometric in January 2020.. on gc keys it saying we are processing applications... my question is that can I apply GCMS notes to know details or just wait for their email.. i know it covid19 but it been more then 6 months after medical and biometric recieved on applications.. please reply me if you have some knowledge

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I don't think you should be concerned that your file was lost or anything like that because most of the processing stopped around that time mid March. I saw on other threads that some people don't even get AOR2 until their background check is almost complete. The fact that there is a second wave in Morroco and Algeria doesn't help our cases at all though.

As for the web form, my email wasn't much different than yours. Here's what I wrote. I got lucky with the agent replying to my enquiry.

Enquiry:
Hello, can you please provide an update on where my PR application is located or what step of the process have we reached? It is not easy being away from a spouse for such a long period of time so I hope you can understand why I am seeking answers to these questions. My husband and I understand the unique times we are in during the pandemic and appreciate the effort being put forward by all the immigration officers still going to work. Thank you for the crucial service you provide.
Thank you very much for the response! Your email was indeed better.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Application recieved changed to in process. Does this mean an officer took up your file?