Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
Ok, i dont think i will hear anything until they make a decision.they have biometrics and medical from early march. Unless they need additional docs. Good luck!

Yes its all depending on VO. Each country has different way to do it and I know many got their meds request before application forward to VO like yours but its been always same for Sri Lankans that applications get forwarded first then med request. I hope you will hear from them soon with a good news. Good Luck!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Today I received this email from ircc in response to my app inquiry.
It seems CIO-Sydney is now processing Eligibility as well, as opposed to VO.
Or, it could be a standard response like usual crap.

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO-S), in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on January xx, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February xx, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Centralized Intake Office.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until March xx, 2021 for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • As per our current processing times, most applications in this category are processed in a timeframe of twelve [12] months. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process an application. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office, and
    • the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue the confirmation of permanent residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter,
    • a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to the sponsor including:
      • a letter explaining appeal rights,
      • a Notice of Appeal, and instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

Last edited:

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Perhaps my application is being processed at Sydney from start to finish?
Is that even possible?
Criminality has been verified- isnt that the VO's job to do abroad?
Also said the responsible office is reviewing applicant Eligibility - but file still at Sydney.

Thoughts?

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Perhaps my application is being processed at Sydney from start to finish?
Is that even possible?
Criminality has been verified- isnt that the VO's job to do abroad?
Also said the responsible office is reviewing applicant Eligibility - but file still at Sydney.

Thoughts?
You file is at visa office that’s why they requested medical exam. Only the visa office in the country you file in will processing your file. Mostly people still don’t understand that’s where they’re file go. If you get medical request that’s mean the file already in the visa office. The biometric is from Canada IRCC. Medical request from visa office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You file is at visa office that’s why they requested medical exam. Only the visa office in the country you file in will processing your file. Mostly people still don’t understand that’s where they’re file go. If you get medical request that’s mean the file already in the visa office. The biometric is from Canada IRCC. Medical request from visa office.
It is not always true that the medical request is initiated at the visa office. Mine was requested before transfer to visa office abroad.

Reactions: Smd91_

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
For Some applications, they request biometrics and medical right after AOR1 before it is transferred to the principal applicants VO.

Reactions: armoured

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
For Some applications, they request biometrics and medical right after AOR1 before it is transferred to the principal applicants VO.
That’s only true if someone show the proof email from
High commissions of canada
Example : Korea visa office
Address:
Believe me, there an email will show where it’s come from.

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
It is not always true that the medical request is initiated at the visa office. Mine was requested before transfer to visa office abroad.
Do you have anyone have the proof is from Canada required medical exam? unless it’s inland applicants.

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Yes, my own case. Believe me or not, don't really care enough to show you proof.
That called Is a lie. You do not have to show everything. Proof the email from that’s address. And the time you receive from Canada required medical exam for outland sponsor. No proof mean big lying.

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Yes, my own case. Believe me or not, don't really care enough to show you proof.
this message after submitted background police certificates. confirm they receive.
Not exactly Korea office but other. Just a example for you understand how it’s work.
Dear ******

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2019****

Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp

• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca

• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section

21, Jeongdong-gil (Jeong-dong), Jung-gu

Seoul, 04518

South Korea

https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/korea-coree/index.aspx?lang=eng

www.cic.gc.ca
If you need pictures i will show you.
Do you ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That called Is a lie. You do not have to show everything. Proof the email from that’s address. And the time you receive from Canada required medical exam for outland sponsor. No proof mean big lying.
Accusing another of "big lying" is a fairly serious thing. Do you really wish to do so?

At any rate, email received 27th of Month N, from general CIC email address (donotreplay@) requesting medicals with attached forms.

Notification received from Sydney roughly two weeks later notifying of transfer to local visa office.

No communication of any kind received from local visa office for several months after that.

If you don't wish to take this as proof that the information you provided (medicals always only AFTER transfer to local visa office) is WRONG, you can go jump in a lake. (I say this only because you accused me of lying with no basis)

Other forum participants can make their own decisions about which information is more credible.