AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Delivered to the Sydney office on 3 Jan. Since we used a rep, we asked the rep about the status and he knew nothing. Just kept on telling me that we had to wait for 20 weeks. Therefore, we decided to call CIC by ourselves. CIC told us that it was returned on 25 Feb and until just now, the rep said they didn’t receive the package.
Sorry to hear your file got returned..have no idea why the rep didn't find out the errors on your file before sending it out, that should be their job! Fingers crossed for your next application!

mmariabob

Mar 11, 2019
Hi! I have a question. I received the biometrics request, paid for it and they sent me the confirmation of reception of the receipt and nothing else... Are they gonna send me an email about when and where I have to give my biometrics? Do I wait or I should go do it on my own?

Kaylay

Nov 3, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
Hi! I have a question. I received the biometrics request, paid for it and they sent me the confirmation of reception of the receipt and nothing else... Are they gonna send me an email about when and where I have to give my biometrics? Do I wait or I should go do it on my own?
You have to wait till they send your the biometric instruction letter. You need to take it with you when you go to give them your photograph and fingerprints

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019

Is this sponsor approval?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Leticia Anne Kay and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Leticia Anne Kay and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."
Sure is! Congrats!

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, congrats!

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Also I’m curious to know from past experiences, how long roughly after AOR1 until AOR2?

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

I’m applying through an agency and wanted to ask about the steps to linking an account. All communication from cic will go to the agency. Application reached on Jan 28th. Could someone point me to a thread on how to do it? Any advice is appreciated.

Also, congrats to all the Jan applicants that have been hearing back!

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Thanks.
Can I send them a cover letter along with physically signed form and payment receipt asking them to replace current form?
So my wife and I believed we forgot to sign it by pen (as we thought electronic was sufficient). I contacted IRCC when we realized this and we sent a letter to the same office (Syndey) and I provided my information such as name, DOB, Place of Birth, when I became a Canadian Citizen, my Citizenship Certificate number and Receipt number for the application. This was since we didn't have our UCI and application number as of yet. We included the signed form as well and stated that IF we did in fact sign the original application form, then to simply ignore the one included in this new package.
Since our application is in progress (AOR, medical request, transferred to Mississauga, etc), I would assume that this secondary letter was enough, or we really did sign the original... Sorry, I know it's not a guaranteed solution, but just explaining our situation and what we did, that may have worked.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
So my wife and I believed we forgot to sign it by pen (as we thought electronic was sufficient). I contacted IRCC when we realized this and we sent a letter to the same office (Syndey) and I provided my information such as name, DOB, Place of Birth, when I became a Canadian Citizen, my Citizenship Certificate number and Receipt number for the application. This was since we didn't have our UCI and application number as of yet. We included the signed form as well and stated that IF we did in fact sign the original application form, then to simply ignore the one included in this new package.
Since our application is in progress (AOR, medical request, transferred to Mississauga, etc), I would assume that this secondary letter was enough, or we really did sign the original... Sorry, I know it's not a guaranteed solution, but just explaining our situation and what we did, that may have worked.
Hi, Just to understand, so you sent another form through mail before getting AOR.

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Correct, we sent it before we got AOR with the detailed information.
I actually called CIC last week and was wondering if my application would be returned because the signatures were not original and they were scanned. The office said that it won't be returned because of that reason, I asked if I can send in the original forms since I have them now but she said it's too risky since one is ahead in the queue and in case if they send the document back for any other reasons the second document would be just floating around. I think you were lucky and it turned out fine but the officers don't suggest it