+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
BTW I went EE route 3 years back.. I am sooo done with immigration that once my wife comes in I am not even going to talk about immigration to anyone.. Plus doing everything on own is exhausting..
UGH SAME. lol

Quick update for us:
Yesterday I received an email that I needed to pay for biometrics and send the receipt to them, which I did promptly. I sent the receipt over https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx since I was unable to link my MyCIC account (which I finally did later last night..WHEW).

We were both a bit surprised we had to do biometrics because we had triple checked to see if American's needed to send in Biometrics before sending in our app, but every form we did online said no...but apparently this had changed December 31st, 2018 (from a CBC news article I read and from CIC's email sent yesterday). I don't even think they have actually updated their web page forms yet to say that Americans need to pay the biometric fee. (I tried yesterday, and after filling out the forms online to test them, it still said I didn't have to as an US citizen).

We have SA approval right now, and are waiting for a bunch of things for myself (biometrics and medical)
And just waiting for the official biometrics letter on where to go and get them done.

Quick question on the biometrics: Can I get them done anywhere in the states? I'm currently visiting my brother for a bit in a different state, so was hoping I could just get them done while I'm here if they happen to send the okay to do so, or do I have to specifically go to where they say to go in the city I reside in?
Yeah.. we got confused on that part too. My husband (PA) is American. Paid for the fees today. Hopefully the delay won't be a significant one.

Reactions: pettar2462

pettar2462

Jan 25, 2016
as long as u hve ur passport and biometric request letter, u can do it anywhere u want in US. There is a list. Search for biometric locations on google and see if they allow walk ins or only appointments.
Awesome! Thanks! :)

Paid for the fees today. Hopefully the delay won't be a significant one.
I think I read somewhere that it can up to ten days? Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Rena29

Mar 3, 2019
When did they received your app? I was only successfully linked ours after seeing ECAS “in process”. Maybe try some other time. You’ll be able to link it for sure.
When did they received your app? I was only successfully linked ours after seeing ECAS “in process”. Maybe try some other time. You’ll be able to link it for sure.
january 07 2019

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Hi All,
I can see few members here are not part of the tracker. Is it possible for them to update the tracker, so that we can have a better average on timelines. Just a request.

Avirajgrewal

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
File received- 11 jan
AOR- 5 march
You are elible for sponsership- 5 march (probably thats SA)
Medical request- 5 march

shashi221

Aug 3, 2017
App recieved on jan-17
AOR March-2
DM March-5
What is DM?
I am new to this forum getting myself familiar with the acronyms. Also what all other acronyms people use here, I know what is AOR stands for but not SA or anything else people use here.
Thanks in advance

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
What is DM?
I am new to this forum getting myself familiar with the acronyms. Also what all other acronyms people use here, I know what is AOR stands for but not SA or anything else people use here.
Thanks in advance
Fill up the spreadsheet. First tab has all the acronyms.

Dm=decision made
SA=Sponsorship Approval

Reactions: svilli

MRM8789

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
This is just a request... While updating the details on the spreadsheet please do not change any details for the others ( i understand thats not done intentionally) but this is the 3rd time i faced a change in my details, hence posting this

callmemarzii

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Tbh not sure it is fair saying this to an occupation as a whole. I talked to more than 5 rep before deciding to hire my current one and turned out he is responsible and always ease our nerves when we had problems. All you have to do is just do some research on paticular rep you are interested. Talk to his/her former clients if you can find them in your community.

My current rep and I spent more than 20 hours together at his office over last few month working on my case, without using any templates of his formal clients for our supplement document, because he believes everyone's case is one of a kind. He wrote over ten pages of the development of our relationship(a.k.a love story). He does not have any assistants or any commercials in the market, and only takes clients referred from his formal clients (the friend who referred us had illegally over stayed in Canada for 10 years, the rep still managed to get him a PR but that's another story).

I have seen other reps or agency trying to rip people off and do nothing, but I believe there are always some good people in any industries.

You are right! It really depends on the representative who handled the application. It’s just so sad that some are just up for money. While we are waiting for our life to change and finally reunited with our loveones.

tijothomas

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I originally applied in October and my application was returned because we missed adding a handwritten signature on the Background Declaration form. I mailed our application again today after filling the updated forms and including all the [updated] supporting documentation to Sydney. The application is expected to arrive on January 18, 2019. Fingers and toes crossed this time. Good luck to us all.
Hi,

My application was also in ocober returned due to the signature in a form re submitted in Januray 25th2019...No AOR so far

Rena29

Mar 3, 2019
Yes, sorry, I said I had both but that's incorrect. I only have the request to pay for biometrics today and I had until April 4th to pay for them.

I plan to pay online as they instruct and send receipt through webform.

I already have the medical request for my PA and his daughter although the name is incorrect on hers so I'm waiting for them to correct that before they can get their medicals done.

It states right in the biometrics payment request letter … "Note: You only need to pay biometric fees at this time. When you application is processed you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html"

Hope that helps!
the medical form received for his daughter did it her name age and address on it ?

MrsMac_Cab

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-03-2019
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2019
  • Application received at IRCC - 01/17/19
  • ECAS: In Process - 03/02/19
  • Link Application to Online Account - 03/02/19
  • IRCC start processing application - 03/02/19
  • Received AOR1 - 03/02/19
  • Biometric payment - 03/05/19
  • ECAS: Decision Made - 03/06/19 *new update*

No SA email yet. I hope that decision is a positive one.

Last edited: