Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amoss said:
By the way, just for people's reference here... My total step 1 took 70 days. From when they received it to when I was officially approved as the sponsor. Not 55 days...

They should put something closer to 70 days, as a processing time, so people can have more realistic expectations
It used to be 70 days

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
abt the study visa: it takes also a few months to apply and to b processed; he might get the PR before; plus it's costly to pay international study fees plus u need to find university to accept him!! to apply he needs time to search, make some essays for why he wants to study there blah blah, maybe have credentials from former teachers or from his managers related his experience....i mean it's not something u have ready in a few days ::) it does take some work to prepare and time into it....once the university approves (also a few months to process) then he can apply for the study visa....but even then they will see there is a PR in process so they could easily say the applicant has no intention to leave Canada and reject it ::)

Amoss, isn't it possible not to cancel ur residency in Asia? he'll have ties there and then u'll see..............
A student visa is not an easy option, I thought about it for my wife....you will have to get approval for a study that is longer than 6 months...it is expensive to pay full time tutions add it's international...then getting approved is easy in itself still takes time...then after all the VO will review your papers...I had a friend's wife who got denied a visa because he was sponsoring her

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Hey guys,

My ECAS has STILL not been updated! Is this strange? I was approved as a sponsor March 9th...and also have still not received it in writing, just over the phone....

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
indian_spouse said:
Hi Fadil, we logged in here-https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

we logged in with the client ID and checked the status...
Hi Indian_Spouse.

I was wondering, if the client ID is same as Receipt number? If not, where can I find my client ID?

Thanks in Advance.

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Dear All,

Can somebody assist me the number to call CIC - Mississauga from OUTSIDE Canada?

The purpose is to check my current status.

Thanks in Advance.

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
fadil80 said:
Dear All,

Can somebody assist me the number to call CIC - Mississauga from OUTSIDE Canada?

The purpose is to check my current status.

Thanks in Advance.
613-994-4000

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Gemini1 said:
Hey guys,

My ECAS has STILL not been updated! Is this strange? I was approved as a sponsor March 9th...and also have still not received it in writing, just over the phone....
Our ecas is up to date and we were approved on the 19th.
Your PR app should have arrived at your VO by the 23rd of March. Try emailing your VO to get email confirmation that theyve received your app.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Happy Sunday friends!

What a fast visit with my husband. It was awesome though, spent time at the beach, I'm burnt. Shopped for some stuff for the condo. It so nice doing normal things together!

I've updated the spreadsheet. Can everyone take a look at it and make sure that I have all of your info correct...I'm missing some info for a few members, so if that's you let me know and I'll update it.

Congrats on the new approvals and AORs.

;D

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
Happy Sunday friends!

What a fast visit with my husband. It was awesome though, spent time at the beach, I'm burnt. Shopped for some stuff for the condo. It so nice doing normal things together!

I've updated the spreadsheet. Can everyone take a look at it and make sure that I have all of your info correct...I'm missing some info for a few members, so if that's you let me know and I'll update it.

Congrats on the new approvals and AORs.

;D
I am looking at the sheet and trying to make any sense of it! What the ... CIC is really doing?!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Yes, that is how I have been phoning CIC from London. First you phone some other Department, then after pushing the first 1 and 2, it will connect you to the CIC Department...then continue with pushing the 1, 2, 1, 0

Good luck! Both times I've waited 10 minutes to speak with someone

I have emailed Vienna VO and they it responded that someone will respond within 28 days!!!

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Gemini1 said:
Yes, that is how I have been phoning CIC from London. First you phone some other Department, then after pushing the first 1 and 2, it will connect you to the CIC Department...then continue with pushing the 1, 2, 1, 0

I have emailed Vienna VO and they it responded that someone will respond within 28 days!!!
I wrote to my VO and got the same auto reply but got a real reply 4 days later.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Wishing everyone some great news this coming week! I can't wait to see what happens.. cuz something's got to! I've got 2 days off coming up.... i"d go down to CIC and find my application myself if I could ;D

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ocanadaguy, did u try to call them?? ??? maybe at least to tell u they have it there!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: all our group is almost passed their 55 days!!!!! :mad: :mad:

i hope u get some good news before ur days off ;)

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Gemini1 said:

Thank you Gemini1.

I will try calling CIC today. :)