Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Amoss said:
I have a question

At the moment, my husband and I are both in East Asia and the plan was to wait out the application process from here. However, I am getting really homesick, and I am wondering if it is possible for us to go to Canada before he gets his PR.

As you may have seen, I have already been approved as the sponsor (as of March 20th), and now our file is in transit to Buffalo-- but according to CIC processing times, it COULD be another 11 months. He is American, so he's visa exempt. I am just wondering if he can go to Canada for the last few months of the process without it affecting his approval?

Does anyone know if this is possible or have experience with this?
hmm u will b arriving in Canada at the airport right, not some border....so why not have a round ticket like where u r in Asia - destination in Canada - his old destination in US....like this u could say that u left Asia, r in transit in Canada to visit ur family for a few months and then he will go to US??

i know people who "visit" from UK for example always show a 2-way ticket with an exact return or leaving Ca date ;) they won't necessarily use it...once in Ca he could extend his stay....usually they r not that worried of American citizens overstaying cuz usually they go back to States to work and contribute to the family income...

also show ur sponsor approval....don't stay he waits his PR there, just say he stays with u a few months, he's in visit and then he will go to US....maybe he can have some job offer from his old work in US?

good luck!!! :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Amoss said:
I have a question

At the moment, my husband and I are both in East Asia and the plan was to wait out the application process from here. However, I am getting really homesick, and I am wondering if it is possible for us to go to Canada before he gets his PR.

As you may have seen, I have already been approved as the sponsor (as of March 20th), and now our file is in transit to Buffalo-- but according to CIC processing times, it COULD be another 11 months. He is American, so he's visa exempt. I am just wondering if he can go to Canada for the last few months of the process without it affecting his approval?

Does anyone know if this is possible or have experience with this?
I did what you are asking about. They can see if youve applied for PR even if you dont mention it. My husband and i entered together, after seeing i was a PR applicant they gave me a 2 week entrance. The next day I applied online to extend my stay. I was lucky and got a one year extension, but if i ever leave canada i will loose that visitor visa and ill risk having to return home, plus i cant work in canada, and my husband got unexpectedly laid off his job, and doesnt qualify for EI, so... i definitely would not recommend coming to canada before you have PR. It could be very stressful for reasons you cant anticipate. If i had it to do over again, my husband and i would both be waithing in new zealand where we can both work.

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
indian_spouse said:
Hi All :)

not logged in here from quite sometime...
hope, all are doing good..

this is to keep you guys posted!

i checked status on ecas, it says-

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor SHAGUN RAWAT on January 16, 2012.

We sent you a letter on March 16, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence
We received SHAGUN RAWAT's application for permanent residence on January 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

so this looks like a good news to me, though havent got any email or mail post by yet.

Regards
Congrats Indian_spouse!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
-FIREFLY- said:
I did what you are asking about. They can see if youve applied for PR even if you dont mention it. My husband and i entered together, after seeing i was a PR applicant they gave me a 2 week entrance. The next day I applied online to extend my stay. I was lucky and got a one year extension, but if i ever leave canada i will loose that visitor visa and ill risk having to return home, plus i cant work in canada, and my husband got unexpectedly laid off his job, and doesnt qualify for EI, so... i definitely would not recommend coming to canada before you have PR. It could be very stressful for reasons you cant anticipate. If i had it to do over again, my husband and i would both be waithing in new zealand where we can both work.
Sounds stressful! Did they give you a reason as to why you were only granted two weeks? May I ask what airport you flew into? And did you have to show any proof you would leave Canada? I mean besides a return ticket?

I guess it's not possible to go back to NZ now and wait?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
missmini said:
hmm u will b arriving in Canada at the airport right, not some border....so why not have a round ticket like where u r in Asia - destination in Canada - his old destination in US....like this u could say that u left Asia, r in transit in Canada to visit ur family for a few months and then he will go to US??

i know people who "visit" from UK for example always show a 2-way ticket with an exact return or leaving Ca date ;) they won't necessarily use it...once in Ca he could extend his stay....usually they r not that worried of American citizens overstaying cuz usually they go back to States to work and contribute to the family income...

also show ur sponsor approval....don't stay he waits his PR there, just say he stays with u a few months, he's in visit and then he will go to US....maybe he can have some job offer from his old work in US?

good luck!!! :)
Thanks, Missmini! As usual, your posts are informative and uplifting! :D

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Amoss said:
Sounds stressful! Did they give you a reason as to why you were only granted two weeks? May I ask what airport you flew into? And did you have to show any proof you would leave Canada? I mean besides a return ticket?

I guess it's not possible to go back to NZ now and wait?
They said because I was applying for PR it proved I planned to stay and never leave, even though I brought proof of funds, job and other ties. They were going to refuse me entry but it was the first day of our honeymoon, so they were sternly leniant. We drove in at peace arch in BC.
We now both have Nexus passes in case we have to leave for any urgent family matter like a funeral. It is my hope that having these passes will bypass any scrutiny into the purpose of our trip.
My husband JUST got a new job a couple of weeks ago after nearly a year of unemployment (without any assistance) otherwise we would definitely be heading to NZ right now.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
-FIREFLY- said:
They said because I was applying for PR it proved I planned to stay and never leave, even though I brought proof of funds, job and other ties. They were going to refuse me entry but it was the first day of our honeymoon, so they were sternly leniant. We drove in at peace arch in BC.
We now both have Nexus passes in case we have to leave for any urgent family matter like a funeral. It is my hope that having these passes will bypass any scrutiny into the purpose of our trip.
Had your husband been approved as a sponsor yet? Based on your timeline, I am guessing not. I just wonder if that would make a difference. I also think you may have been living in the states before that? (I mean in order to get a Nexus card)...

Sorry for all the q's, I just would like to see it happen that we get to Canada this year, as opposed to potentially waiting until next spring (according to possible processing times)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Amos, if being in Canada is very important to you, you could get your husband a student visa. This would allow him to stay without questions, and there are special work permits for working on campus... but he would have to be in school full time. Any status you can secure for him BEFORE you go is better than quitting his job and leaving it to the whim of a cranky immigration officer when you arrive.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Amoss said:
Had your husband been approved as a sponsor yet? Based on your timeline, I am guessing not. I just wonder if that would make a difference. I also think you may have been living in the states before that? (I mean in order to get a Nexus card)...

Sorry for all the q's, I just would like to see it happen that we get to Canada this year, as opposed to potentially waiting until next spring (according to possible processing times)
This is my second time applying for PR. My previous application was in process (and later declined.) Yes I had lived in the US (im a dual citizen.)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
I wonder why my application has been forwarded to the VO, but there is no mention of my medical arriving?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
-FIREFLY- said:
My husband JUST got a new job a couple of weeks ago after nearly a year of unemployment (without any assistance) otherwise we would definitely be heading to NZ right now.
ooooh that's bad luck!!!!! the thing is there r officers and officers....some r nice some r very strict....it's really bad that some people follow the rules word per word without putting their own judgement and logic into it....anyway at least they let u in finally and u had the honeymoon together!!!! it could have been much worse :-\

abt the study visa: it takes also a few months to apply and to b processed; he might get the PR before; plus it's costly to pay international study fees plus u need to find university to accept him!! to apply he needs time to search, make some essays for why he wants to study there blah blah, maybe have credentials from former teachers or from his managers related his experience....i mean it's not something u have ready in a few days ::) it does take some work to prepare and time into it....once the university approves (also a few months to process) then he can apply for the study visa....but even then they will see there is a PR in process so they could easily say the applicant has no intention to leave Canada and reject it ::)

Amoss, isn't it possible not to cancel ur residency in Asia? he'll have ties there and then u'll see..............

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
-FIREFLY- said:
I wonder why my application has been forwarded to the VO, but there is no mention of my medical arriving?
some people have "medicals received" months after the application reached the VO....some people will have that message coming and going ::) don't focus too much on that...it depends on the officer who updates ur file too....e-cas is not that reliable ::) aaaah u want to see medicals received, all i want is to login, even to an empty page :-[

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Hi Fadil, we logged in here-https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

we logged in with the client ID and checked the status...

fadil80 said:
I will try to login on Tuesday.

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Thanks so much :) :) but yet to get email or mail by post, as referred by CIC .
there is no travel history.. was hoping we would get visa by 24th april....lets see...coz, ppl get PPR request, if all's in place within matter of 14 days..but god knows, how much time it takes, post PPR..... :-[

ashunandal said:
congratulations on your approval indian_spouse, i hope you hear something soon from ND VO also.
if your wife dsnt have any travel history, she will get her visa within 2 months.
best of luck :)