+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
pelipeli said:
Hi guys, question. I am planning to send my job certificate to CPC-M, since when I mailed our app I was still job searching, I just want to keep my info as updated as possible, and maybe it could help my sponsorship approval (even if I know that there is no minimum income required) lol ;D
Question is, even if I mail thru Canada post , is it ok to send it to the Robert Speck address and not the PO Box?

would appreciate a feedback batchmates =) Thanks!

I think only Canada post can send to address with PO box b/c they are authorized to open the recipient's mail box (hope it is true, I heard that from a friend works for an immigration lawyer) but for CPC-M it doesn't matter b/c PO box and Robert Speck goes to the same place...according to the 'guide to sponsor' IMM3900, you can send email to update any important info. change. CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca (Clearly state your name, date of birth and Universal Client Identification (UCI) or file number which is found at the top of the acknowledgment letter, if you received one from CPC-M.)

If you are the applicant, your employment is not that important for the evaluation, for sponsor it is a yes, but I think it won't do any harm if you want to update with CIC, I mean it is a good news for you and them if you are employed.

Good Luck!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
v4x said:
I think only Canada post can send to address with PO box b/c they are authorized to open the recipient's mail box (hope it is true, I heard that from a friend works for an immigration lawyer) but for CPC-M it doesn't matter b/c PO box and Robert Speck goes to the same place...according to the 'guide to sponsor' IMM3900, you can send email to update any important info. change. CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca (Clearly state your name, date of birth and Universal Client Identification (UCI) or file number which is found at the top of the acknowledgment letter, if you received one from CPC-M.)

If you are the applicant, your employment is not that important for the evaluation, for sponsor it is a yes, but I think it won't do any harm if you want to update with CIC, I mean it is a good news for you and them if you are employed.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advise =) yup i saw that you can update by email.. maybe I'll try that too... =) I am the sponsor btw, and even if income is not a requirement, I agree that it wouldn't hurt to update =)

ddobro2 said:
I wouldn't worry about it. You're very likely to get approved as a sponsor anyway, and in fact they may already have made that decision by the time your letter arrives at CPC-M and is united with its parent file, so to speak, so it would be kind of pointless. You don't need to meet an income requirement to sponsor someone in the spousal category, by the way. As long as you are not getting welfare (except for disability) and are not bankrupt (well, there are other reasons for being denied but I won't go into the full list), your sponsorship undertaking will be approved. And once they send it to the VO, there will be less reason for the IO to note your employment because that portion of the processing concerns mainly the applicant for PR and not the sponsor.
thank you =) actually at the back of my mind I know that income is not required and yes, i also considered that they could have opened my file by the time my update reaches them.. our app is at 41 days today and it would be awesome if they have opened it already, (wishful thinking) haha..
but it just bothers me, I mean, I just don't want any reason , even the smallest one, for our application to go wrong, I am just so paranoid! lol =)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
pelipeli said:
Thanks for the advise =) yup i saw that you can update by email.. maybe I'll try that too... =) I am the sponsor btw, and even if income is not a requirement, I agree that it wouldn't hurt to update =)
Oh man...sorry I don't know why I thought you were the PA!

:D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
alf+jlh said:
Oh man...sorry I don't know why I thought you were the PA!

:D
hahaha, its ok Amanda, many would think that too, maybe because I am the one so excited and always active here in the forum. My hubby is the passive one, I know he reads around and he has more or less 10 posts in the forum, but he is just much more quiet than I am, in reality and in cyberspace ;D

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
pelipeli said:
hahaha, its ok Amanda, many would think that too, maybe because I am the one so excited and always active here in the forum. My hubby is the passive one, I know he reads around and he has more or less 10 posts in the forum, but he is just much more quiet than I am, in reality and in cyberspace ;D

I get it..I'm the sponsor too!

I really hope our group starts hearing something soon...it's been 2weeks exactly since my AOR, I thought for sure I'd hear something by now, especially when it only took 4 days or so for the others in our group to be approved.

I'm going to wait to see what the updated times are tomorrow and then maybe ill call...I'm being patient but I can't deny that I'm extremely curious as t what's going on in those offices in Mississauga.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
alf+jlh said:

I really hope our group starts hearing something soon...it's been 2weeks exactly since my AOR, I thought for sure I'd hear something by now, especially when it only took 4 days or so for the others in our group to be approved.

I'm going to wait to see what the updated times are tomorrow and then maybe ill call...I'm being patient but I can't deny that I'm extremely curious as t what's going on in those offices in Mississauga.
yeah, its update day tomorrow and I am praying and hoping for the best, I am expecting my sponsorship approval in two weeks or so, and as the days pass by I am getting butterflies in my stomach when I open my email... Do tell us about it when / if you decide to call up CIC.. don't lose hope, I'm sure everything is fine =)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dadaem said:
Maybe you can fax a copy of your job certificate to CPC-M but don't forget to quote your UCI (your id number on your pr card). Or you can call the cic call center to get a better answer. :)
thanks dadaem, i think I just might call first =)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
alf+jlh said:
I don't think it matters which address yo use, as long as you do not courier to the po box.

You being being the principal applicant, are you not supposed to wait to send any additional info to your visa office directly once you have received your client I'd number? Opposed to sending anything to Mississauga... My understanding is that Mississauga is for the sponsor only. Hopefully someone else can clarify that for you :)
lo, Amanda, I just saw your reply, ;D

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Hi ALF+JLH!

was checking the spreadsheet... i am also a January applicant :)

my husband sent our application 10th Jan 2012 and the same was received at Mississauga on 13th Jan 2012.waiting to hear from them, with great anticipation... looks liked the status on website will be updated on 7th March 2012...

our VO is new delhi...

can you pls guide.. once the status is updated on the application status tracking link, where we put our client ID, surname, dob, country.how soon, my husband will get to hear from them, through mail..
and from then, how soon will my application be transferred to VO ...

guess, should call the call centre!!!!
cant wait to join my husband :(

all the very best to you and all the other applicants!!!!
best wishes,
shagun

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
alf+jlh said:

me toooooooo.....our table didn't get any new updates for a weeeeek :-X :-\......but from how many members we r already, i think they really have many applications in January ::) ::) ::) (sigh)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once they approve the sponsor the PR portion is transferred immediately to the VO via government courier.
indian_spouse said:
how soon will my application be transferred to VO ...

guess, should call the call centre!!!!
cant wait to join my husband :(

all the very best to you and all the other applicants!!!!
best wishes,
shagun

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
I am incredibly frustrated at the lack of updates! I just want to hear SOMETHING! lol ANYTHING! ;D I'd be happy knowing that someone has my application on their desk. But in a way for me, being an early January person, it is kind of reassuring it has been so quiet. At first I was afraid it was just me they lost my app or something. But now, I assume they are just behind like always lol. I will be interested to see what they update the processing times too!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
podkayne8 said:
I am incredibly frustrated at the lack of updates! I just want to hear SOMETHING! lol ANYTHING! ;D I'd be happy knowing that someone has my application on their desk. But in a way for me, being an early January person, it is kind of reassuring it has been so quiet. At first I was afraid it was just me they lost my app or something. But now, I assume they are just behind like always lol. I will be interested to see what they update the processing times too!
I guess every one here who applied in Mid Jan including me eagerly waiting to hear whats going on....

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
nanipanjakadi said:
I guess every one here who applied in Mid Jan including me eagerly waiting to hear whats going on....
and me, at the end, i feel i'll wait FoReVeRRRRR.... :p :p hope they advanced with maybe 1 week (wishfull thinking!!)

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
:) you never know.. it is possible that the moment they updated showing January 3rd.. they were on the last couple and we could see a jump.. that's what I'm wishing.. last week they updated around 2:30pm eastern time... So i'll be checking.. but other times I remember 5pm and even thursday morning.. just please be at least 10 days ahead :) although even more would be appreciated!