08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh said:
Oh and you will be able to private message and change your profile once you have 10 posts :)
Thank you for letting me know. I've been clicking back and forth between all the profile options wondering what I was missing. Ha!
I'm curious to know, did you send your application to the PO Box address in Mississauga, or to the actual office?
I sent mine to the PO Box and I have this theory that those sent directly to the office are processed first, but I could be wrong.

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
-FIREFLY-, I have been wondering the same thing! Every day I regret not sending it to the actual office. When I checked the tracking number, I saw that it had been delivered twice, so I am hoping that means that the notice was placed in the box, and then someone picked it up from the desk, but I could be wrong. Did you use a tracking number?

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Personally I used the office, I wanted it couriered so I choose that route.

Don't get discouraged because of how you sent it...it's been slow here for 2+ weeks now, we are all hoping for any news this week!

They will open your package soon.

Remember not everyone gets an AOR from Mississauga...stay calm and your turn will come next, that's a promise. :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have sent yours to the P.O. box address unless you used a courier, in which case you should have sent it to the municipal address as the commercial couriers will not deliver to P.O. boxes.
-FIREFLY- said:
Thank you for letting me know. I've been clicking back and forth between all the profile options wondering what I was missing. Ha!
I'm curious to know, did you send your application to the PO Box address in Mississauga, or to the actual office?
I sent mine to the PO Box and I have this theory that those sent directly to the office are processed first, but I could be wrong.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
bp832 said:
-FIREFLY-, I have been wondering the same thing! Every day I regret not sending it to the actual office. When I checked the tracking number, I saw that it had been delivered twice, so I am hoping that means that the notice was placed in the box, and then someone picked it up from the desk, but I could be wrong. Did you use a tracking number?
Hi bp832
I used a tracking number through Canada Post's "2-day courier service". When I enter the tracking number on the Canada Post website it says:

Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2012/01/11 08:10 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
03:21 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
03:17 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
03:13 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
00:09 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2012/01/09 22:08 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
2012/01/07 11:32 WEST VANCOUVER Item accepted at the Post Office

It doesn't mention anyone signing for it, so I assume that means it was placed into their mailbox/bag and then hopefully picked up that day by someone from Immigration.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh said:
Personally I used the office, I wanted it couriered so I choose that route.

Don't get discouraged because of how you sent it...it's been slow here for 2+ weeks now, we are all hoping for any news this week!

They will open your package soon.

Remember not everyone gets an AOR from Mississauga...stay calm and your turn will come next, that's a promise. :D
alf+jlh Thank you for the comforting words. Your spreadsheet has also really put me at ease, being able to see where everyone else is at. Thank you for that wonderful contribution.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
-FIREFLY- said:
Hi bp832
I used a tracking number through Canada Post's "2-day courier service". When I enter the tracking number on the Canada Post website it says:

Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2012/01/11 08:10 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
03:21 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
03:17 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
03:13 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
00:09 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2012/01/09 22:08 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
2012/01/07 11:32 WEST VANCOUVER Item accepted at the Post Office

It doesn't mention anyone signing for it, so I assume that means it was placed into their mailbox/bag and then hopefully picked up that day by someone from Immigration.
hi firefly and welcome :)

they sign when it's delivered by courier not to the pobox...but even then, some members like me, i wasn't able to see who exactly signed for our application....they did tell me a name after that but maybe they just said like that to make me shut up LOL
anyway, there r rare cases where even if it was sent by courier and with signature in hand, the aplication was lost, documents misplaced etc...so, either pobox or courier it does not really make a big difference....we all have to patiently wait :)

Amanda, u did promise to everyone here, right? ;) be careful! :p i wish u'll keep ur promise very soon ;):p
aaaah a brand new week full of hope and nice new emails for all of us :) :) :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
ddobro2 said:
You should have sent yours to the P.O. box address unless you used a courier, in which case you should have sent it to the municipal address as the commercial couriers will not deliver to P.O. boxes.
Hi ddobro2

Strangely the Xpresspost 2-day service from Canada Post, which I used, gave me the option of delivering to either address.
Which address did you send to out of curiosity?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
hoping and praying for a good week for us ... ;D

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
missmini said:
hi firefly and welcome :)

they sign when it's delivered by courier not to the pobox...but even then, some members like me, i wasn't able to see who exactly signed for our application....they did tell me a name after that but maybe they just said like that to make me shut up LOL
anyway, there r rare cases where even if it was sent by courier and with signature in hand, the aplication was lost, documents misplaced etc...so, either pobox or courier it does not really make a big difference....we all have to patiently wait :)

Amanda, u did promise to everyone here, right? ;) be careful! :p i wish u'll keep ur promise very soon ;):p
aaaah a brand new week full of hope and nice new emails for all of us :) :) :)
missmini
Thank you.
haha
It's good that we can all maintain a sense of humour throughout this experience!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't make a record of it but I'm basically 100% sure I used the post office box address because I went with Xpresspost Canada and not a commercial courier and CIC's instructions indicated that the municipal address was only for couriers. But I think you're fine delivering to either one with Xpresspost, I just don't think you'll get a signature even if you ask for it at the P.O. box address. It's possible that they sign once a day for all the mail from the P.O. box and not individual envelopes. But you're fine because you have the tracking number and you used it to see that the package was delivered. You all have even got an AOR at the step 1 stage, which I didn't have when I applied (although my step 1 processing time was one month). :)
-FIREFLY- said:
Hi ddobro2

Strangely the Xpresspost 2-day service from Canada Post, which I used, gave me the option of delivering to either address.
Which address did you send to out of curiosity?

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
ddobro2 said:
I didn't make a record of it but I'm basically 100% sure I used the post office box address because I went with Xpresspost Canada and not a commercial courier and CIC's instructions indicated that the municipal address was only for couriers. But I think you're fine delivering to either one with Xpresspost, I just don't think you'll get a signature even if you ask for it at the P.O. box address. It's possible that they sign once a day for all the mail from the P.O. box and not individual envelopes. But you're fine because you have the tracking number and you used it to see that the package was delivered. You all have even got an AOR at the step 1 stage, which I didn't have when I applied (although my step 1 processing time was one month). :)
ddobro2
That is very comforting to hear that your stage one was processed so quickly using the PO Box address. How strange that some people receive AORs and others don't. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, step 1/sponsorship approval actually used to be even shorter than a month - it was as short as a week about a year ago. I actually dodged a bullet applying when I did because the month after I filed in May - June - the processing time went up from 1 month to two. The AOR thing is something new; CPC-M did not used to communicate with the sponsor until decision made (unless they were returning the paperwork due to incompleteness). Another thing that's new since I applied chez CPC-M is that they print the visa file number as well as the Client ID (for the sponsor) on the sponsorship approval letter (used to be just the latter and one would have to wait for the visa file number from the VO). Who knows, maybe this extra administrative stuff has actually slowed them down. I know it's very useful to people though.
-FIREFLY- said:
ddobro2
That is very comforting to hear that your stage one was processed so quickly using the PO Box address. How strange that some people receive AORs and others don't. ::)

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
I do not know what is happening in Mississauga these days. Candidates who receive their sponsorship more quickly, while others must wait several long weeks. Today someone got his answer in just 28 days! Look at this: forum.immigrer.com/topic/116797-hey-les-amies-de-mississauga-jai-une-bonne-nouvelle-aujaurdhui/
others received it in 40 days and others two or three months!!! It is incomprehensible how employees work and it is not at all transparent. I wonder if it was time to make a petition. This bureaucracy is frustrating

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Hi everyone!

To those who are confused about which address to mail out your applications, I think in the SPONSORSHIP GUIDE, it was clearly stated that SPOUSAL applications be mailed to the P.O Box 3000 address.

I mailed it to that address on Dec 5. Our application was received on Dec 6. And from then on, the processing of our application went very very smooth.