8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
thanks for the prompt reply!!!
just wanted to ask you...my visa consultant(India) told me that step 2 doesnt take more than few weeks time...so, step 1 +step 2 takes overall 2-2.5 months vs what is mentioned on the website(which is 55 days-step 1+ 6 months-step 2)...pls do let me know..

thanks so much...

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
indian_spouse said:
just wanted to ask you...my visa consultant(India) told me that step 2 doesnt take more than few weeks time...so, step 1 +step 2 takes overall 2-2.5 months vs what is mentioned on the website(which is 55 days-step 1+ 6 months-step 2)...pls do let me know..

thanks so much...
As ddboro mentioned, no be in here can tell you how long this whole process will take...I'm mean you can look to others from the same visa office but all cases are different... Once you submit you app it's in and if there ismore to add you should have done so from the beginning so just trust that you will get through In speedy time, but of course it's realistic to expect the posted time too!

I understand the sadness completely about being apart from your loved one but never forget this is the start of the end and when you are done this process, be it 3 months or 6 you will get to be together forever.

Try also joining a thread where others from the same visa office, they won't be able to tell you how long but you will get better insight on their exact process...

Good luck :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, that's known as "e-CAS" or the e-Client Application Status.
indian_spouse said:
Hi There,
Thanks so much for the reply...
By the tracking link, i meant... the option available to check the status of the application online by entering one's Client's ID.
I consider step 1 as the time from when they receive it at CPC-M to when they made a decision on it, as that's what most people are interested in. True, there is a period while it is in transit from Ottawa to the VO but it's relatively short. It's 55 days from when they received your file, so you should hear something around the 8th of March, perhaps later.
indian_spouse said:
I did not quite follow you on the clearance of the Step 1- from the file received at CPC-M to the file being passed to my local VO.How should i take a count of the days.... 55 days( from the date the file was received on 13th Jan 2012 or from the date, they start working on the files, which were received on 13 th jan?
Like I said, the 6 months or less is for 80% of files at New Delhi. Yes, there are plenty of people who receive visas much sooner. Every case is different. Keep in mind that what New Delhi does is ask for the passport pretty early on but it keeps you waiting for the visa. Buffalo, for example, will only ask for the passport when it is ready to issue the visa and does so immediately.

indian_spouse said:
also, my visa consultant said, that it's mentioned 6 months... but same happens as quickly as 2-2.5 months...as they keep maximum time band as 6 months... i really pray that's true....!!!!

Thanks so much, again!
i wish to read posts of applicants in similar situation as mine... dont know,where to follow them :(

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Good News...My wife just got her PPR email.

Here it is how it looks like....

Dear XYZ

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on01/03/2012 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.Note: The application received date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number inall future correspondence with our office.

Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed tomaintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (familyclass, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority isgiven to spouses/partners and dependent children.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide thefollowing as soon as possible:

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office inMississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a periodof 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and youraccompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 yearsof age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for achild between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visaissuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue yourvisas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.Documents and passports must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit anydocuments and passports until you have prepared the entire package.
Heartly congrats man...looks like in a few days u should receive visa :)

I m still depressed as i haven't even got my approval yet and i applied a week after u :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your consultant doesn't know what s/he's talking about if s/he says that "step 2 doesn't take more than a few weeks' time." I'm sure there's a New Delhi spreadsheet on the forum somewhere. Check it out. I highly doubt you will see someone being "done" within a matter of weeks after ND gets the file. What I mean by "done" (and perhaps this is a miscommunication on the consultant's part) is having the visa in hand, not having PPR. Like I said, ND does things differently. What I would guess you have to look forward to is 2 months for step 1, a month or more at ND before you get PPR, and a month or more from that point until you receive the visa. No one can tell you for sure.
indian_spouse said:

thanks so much...

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
nanipanjakadi said:
Heartly congrats man...looks like in a few days u should receive visa :)

I m still depressed as i haven't even got my approval yet and i applied a week after u :(
Dont worry buddy....

Good days are just around the corner...

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
thanks!! this info, really helps....

Regards.
ddobro2 said:
Okay, that's known as "e-CAS" or the e-Client Application Status.
I consider step 1 as the time from when they receive it at CPC-M to when they made a decision on it, as that's what most people are interested in. True, there is a period while it is in transit from Ottawa to the VO but it's relatively short. It's 55 days from when they received your file, so you should hear something around the 8th of March, perhaps later. Like I said, the 6 months or less is for 80% of files at New Delhi. Yes, there are plenty of people who receive visas much sooner. Every case is different. Keep in mind that what New Delhi does is ask for the passport pretty early on but it keeps you waiting for the visa. Buffalo, for example, will only ask for the passport when it is ready to issue the visa and does so immediately.

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
thanks! will speak to the consultant...well, now i have a realistic timeframe to follow...
prayers on....!!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:

Dear XYZ

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on01/03/2012 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.Note: The application received date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number inall future correspondence with our office.

Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed tomaintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (familyclass, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority isgiven to spouses/partners and dependent children.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide thefollowing as soon as possible:

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office inMississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a periodof 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and youraccompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 yearsof age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for achild between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visaissuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue yourvisas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.Documents and passports must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit anydocuments and passports until you have prepared the entire package.
wow that was fast! see, before you were feeling left behind with the AOR's , now you are ahead all of us with a PPR! Congrats!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
pelipeli said:
wow that was fast! see, before you were feeling left behind with the AOR's , now you are ahead all of us with a PPR! Congrats!
Thanks PeliPeli

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
I attempted phoning CIC today (thanks for whoever sent me the link to call from overseas...much appreciated! :) ) I waited 10 minutes on hold to be told that they were only processing applications received January 3rd (I know!)...mine arrived January 6th. 55 days for me today....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, no need to call, that info's on the processing times for step 1 page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Gemini1 said:
I attempted phoning CIC today (thanks for whoever sent me the link to call from overseas...much appreciated! :) ) I waited 10 minutes on hold to be told that they were only processing applications received January 3rd (I know!)...mine arrived January 6th. 55 days for me today....

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:

Dear XYZ

Congratulations srinivas.vadapalli ... I want one of those tooooooooooooooooooo :)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
imatra said:
Congratulations srinivas.vadapalli ... I want one of those tooooooooooooooooooo :)
You're next my friend.

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012