Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
yeah welll i'm not surprised but was still hoping it would go up with 2-3 days not 1 week
why i'm not surprised: during the Holidays there weren't many applications received so it went fast; also during the same period the offices r closed so many applications were received at the beginning of Jan ???
but look forward for next week, maybe it will go down again ;) oooooh we r in March already :)

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
missmini said:
yeah welll i'm not surprised but was still hoping it would go up with 2-3 days not 1 week
why i'm not surprised: during the Holidays there weren't many applications received so it went fast; also during the same period the offices r closed so many applications were received at the beginning of Jan ???
but look forward for next week, maybe it will go down again ;) oooooh we r in March already :)
[/quotereally made us despirate they still proceed on 3 jan applications....really waiting is really tough and stressfull wish next week they would have done much applications gone through :mad: :mad: :(

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
missmini said:
[/quotereally made us despirate they still proceed on 3 jan applications....really waiting is really tough and stressfull wish next week they would have done much applications gone through :mad: :mad: :(
its realy hurting :( :( :( :(really depressed with cic

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
its realy hurting :( :( :( :(really depressed with cic
IT'S OK 55 is much better than 73 ;) as long as it does not even go more up it is still ok :) besides this is just the training for the longer wait to come (at least for some)
eagerly waiting for all to be in their system :) good luck!!

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
IT'S OK 55 is much better than 73 ;) as long as it does not even go more up it is still ok :) besides this is just the training for the longer wait to come (at least for some)
eagerly waiting for all to be in their system :) good luck!!
Hi missmini. Actually after quietly monitoring Damascus thread for a while and the depression and anger that is going on in that thread, I am happy with this wait ... in comparison, 55 days is NOTHING to complain about ... but still there are people who got their PPR already and they applied in October 2011. It is through a different VO office though. But still, it depends how you look at it, a glass half full ... or half empty ... :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
Hi missmini. Actually after quietly monitoring Damascus thread for a while and the depression and anger that is going on in that thread, I am happy with this wait ... in comparison, 55 days is NOTHING to complain about ... but still there are people who got their PPR already and they applied in October 2011. It is through a different VO office though. But still, it depends how you look at it, a glass half full ... or half empty ... :)
aaah Damascus like Damascus but what abt Singapore, Abu-Dhabi, and others...the only thing which keeps everyone going is i think the hope that maybe it will take less time...obviously, everyone can be negative or positive and we all have the good and bad days....but actually the glass is always full: half with water and half with air (many friends of mine like to say like this and it's a good way of viewing things ;) )

it's really depending of how people r: there r many members around who waited far more than 1 year and they r still hopeful and don't complain; their patience is to admire

happy March 1st everyone ;D

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Hello Everyone!
Firstly, here's wishing all the best to all the applicants.
I am from India and my husband is a PR in Canada. My husband sent my application for spouse sponsored visa.The forms were received on 13th Jan at Mississauga.
I can see on the website, last updated on 29th Feb, that they working on applications received on 3rd Jan 2012.
hopefully, by next week they might start working on applications received on 13th jan..
i have few concerns:
1. i read on the site, that step 1 requires 55 days- does it mean, that i count the days from the date, it was received at Mississauga, which is 13th jan... or will it be the date, when they start working on the applications received on, say for eg. 5th march ? currently, i dont see any status updated on the application status tracking link.when can i see that, what happens next... by when, can i see myself joining my husband in canada?what will be the steps taken by CIC, which i can track and get myself a realistic timeline to chase.

in the interim, i applied for TRV to visit my husband, while the spouse sponsored visa is being processed...but the request was rejected :( as the passport officer was not convinced, that i would leave Canada post the expiry of TRV... but that is so frustrating... coz why would i not go back to my home country, as why would i jeopardize my chances of getting a permanent visa!anyways, that option is lost...left with only one option and that is to WAIT...

it's written step 1(55 days) + step 2(6 months)- but a visa consultant told me, that it takes 2-2.5 months.. is it true?

someone, please do reply...

waiting in anticipation!
Thanks!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Good News...My wife just got her PPR email.

Here it is how it looks like....

Dear XYZ

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on01/03/2012 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.Note: The application received date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number inall future correspondence with our office.

Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed tomaintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (familyclass, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority isgiven to spouses/partners and dependent children.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide thefollowing as soon as possible:

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office inMississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a periodof 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and youraccompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 yearsof age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for achild between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visaissuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue yourvisas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.Documents and passports must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit anydocuments and passports until you have prepared the entire package.

Gruja

Jan 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-2-2012
AOR Received.
14-6-2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 2012, HIV test 5.4.2012
Wow, good news indeed. I am still months away from that, but it gives me some hope that it won't 10 months.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm clicking the "like" button on this. Love that you're always so positive.
missmini said:
but actually the glass is always full: half with water and half with air (many friends of mine like to say like this and it's a good way of viewing things ;) )

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you indicated, if they are working on applications received Jan. 3rd, everyone who's file was received at CPC-M on January 2 and earlier should have already received a decision on the sponsorship portion. That doesn't necessarily mean the person saw what that decision was as there is often a delay between then and when the sponsorship approval email or worse yet, snail mail reaches them, but it means CPC-M did its job and assessed the sponsor and made a decision. Like you said, your file should be coming up for review shortly.

I don't know what the "tracking link" refers to. If you're talking about e-CAS, which is not going to be helpful if you're looking for very frequent and detailed updates by the way, then you may not be able to log in simply because you haven't been added to the system yet. One option is to sign up for e-cas tracker at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ and wait for it to tell you.

The next step, as you indicated, is for the PR portion of the file to be government couriered from Ontario to your VO so they can made the assessment about the principal applicant and whoever else is accompanying. Based on the last 12 months' data, 80% of files at New Delhi were finalized (that means from when they were first received at New Delhi to when visa was issued, landing is not counted and is something that's in your court, so to speak) within 6 months. Naturally, many people get theirs visas much sooner than 6 months and some have to wait longer. You can check with the New Delhi thread to get an idea of the wait times they're facing and how New Delhi seems to operate. No one here can tell you when you can "see yourself joining your husband in Canada," unfortunately. You just have to be patient and wait.

indian_spouse said:
Hello Everyone!
Firstly, here's wishing all the best to all the applicants.
I am from India and my husband is a PR in Canada. My husband sent my application for spouse sponsored visa.The forms were received on 13th Jan at Mississauga.
I can see on the website, last updated on 29th Feb, that they working on applications received on 3rd Jan 2012.
hopefully, by next week they might start working on applications received on 13th jan..
i have few concerns:
1. i read on the site, that step 1 requires 55 days- does it mean, that i count the days from the date, it was received at Mississauga, which is 13th jan... or will it be the date, when they start working on the applications received on, say for eg. 5th march ? currently, i dont see any status updated on the application status tracking link.when can i see that, what happens next... by when, can i see myself joining my husband in canada?what will be the steps taken by CIC, which i can track and get myself a realistic timeline to chase.

in the interim, i applied for TRV to visit my husband, while the spouse sponsored visa is being processed...but the request was rejected :( as the passport officer was not convinced, that i would leave Canada post the expiry of TRV... but that is so frustrating... coz why would i not go back to my home country, as why would i jeopardize my chances of getting a permanent visa!anyways, that option is lost...left with only one option and that is to WAIT...

it's written step 1(55 days) + step 2(6 months)- but a visa consultant told me, that it takes 2-2.5 months.. is it true?

someone, please do reply...

waiting in anticipation!
Thanks!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I'm clicking the "like" button on this. Love that you're always so positive.
Looool thank u....but believe me usually i'm not or i wasn't used to be....i and the ones around me we just keep each other going cuz we don't really have other choice...an year ago i was soo over worrying abt all this (just starting preparing this, soo many questions and heartache; and still am but i chose not to think abt it until the time comes, if the time comes ;)....so yeah, soo many things happened in this one year that if this is the worst we get than it's ok....i guess sometimes we all need a cold shower (look at the poor people in Syria for example and soo many others) and only after we realize that things r not that bad ;)

all the best!!! :-*

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Hi There,
Thanks so much for the reply...
By the tracking link, i meant... the option available to check the status of the application online by entering one's Client's ID.
I did not quite follow you on the clearance of the Step 1- from the file received at CPC-M to the file being passed to my local VO.How should i take a count of the days.... 55 days( from the date the file was received on 13th Jan 2012 or from the date, they start working on the files, which were received on 13 th jan?

also, my visa consultant said, that it's mentioned 6 months... but same happens as quickly as 2-2.5 months...as they keep maximum time band as 6 months... i really pray that's true....!!!!

Thanks so much, again!
i wish to read posts of applicants in similar situation as mine... dont know,where to follow them :(

ddobro2 said:
As you indicated, if they are working on applications received Jan. 3rd, everyone who's file was received at CPC-M on January 2 and earlier should have already received a decision on the sponsorship portion. That doesn't necessarily mean the person saw what that decision was as there is often a delay between then and when the sponsorship approval email or worse yet, snail mail reaches them, but it means CPC-M did its job and assessed the sponsor and made a decision. Like you said, your file should be coming up for review shortly.

I don't know what the "tracking link" refers to. If you're talking about e-CAS, which is not going to be helpful if you're looking for very frequent and detailed updates by the way, then you may not be able to log in simply because you haven't been added to the system yet. One option is to sign up for e-cas tracker at and wait for it to tell you.

The next step, as you indicated, is for the PR portion of the file to be government couriered from Ontario to your VO so they can made the assessment about the principal applicant and whoever else is accompanying. Based on the last 12 months' data, 80% of files at New Delhi were finalized (that means from when they were first received at New Delhi to when visa was issued, landing is not counted and is something that's in your court, so to speak) within 6 months. Naturally, many people get theirs visas much sooner than 6 months and some have to wait longer. You can check with the New Delhi thread to get an idea of the wait times they're facing and how New Delhi seems to operate. No one here can tell you when you can "see yourself joining your husband in Canada," unfortunately. You just have to be patient and wait.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
indian_spouse said:
Hi There,
Thanks so much for the reply...
By the tracking link, i meant... the option available to check the status of the application online by entering one's Client's ID.
I did not quite follow you on the clearance of the Step 1- from the file received at CPC-M to the file being passed to my local VO.How should i take a count of the days.... 55 days( from the date the file was received on 13th Jan 2012 or from the date, they start working on the files, which were received on 13 th jan?

also, my visa consultant said, that it's mentioned 6 months... but same happens as quickly as 2-2.5 months...as they keep maximum time band as 6 months... i really pray that's true....!!!!

Thanks so much, again!
i wish to read posts of applicants in similar situation as mine... dont know,where to follow them :(

55days approx from the day you sent your application in.

Check out our spreadsheet, you can see the turn around time for those that have already heard from Mississauga