Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem, missmini :D Let me know if it's the same because I'd be interested to know if it DOES change when a former immigrant becomes a sponsor himself.
missmini said:
thanks soooo much ddobro...always helpful and always around :) yes u assumed everything correct, i will see if they use the same number or not (it is 8 digits :eek:) the thing is before i was my mom's dependent so all my info was related to hers and now it's different thing, we'll see :)
I can understand your feeling uncomfortable with it but I seriously have never heard of anyone having any problems with the tool. I personally saved a lot of time and aggravation by using it. By the way, the creator is matthewc who has been on this forum and the reason he created the tool was because he himself got tired of constantly checking e-cas manually. So he wrote a program initially for automatic checks into his own e-cas and then expanded it when he realized so many other people could benefit too. By the way, if you go to the tracker page, one of the things in the "About e-cas tracker" section is, "What happens to my information?"

It says: "When you sign up, your e-CAS login details are stored securely on the e-CAS Tracker web server, at Ecobytes. A few times a day, e-CAS Tracker logs into e-CAS and looks to see if anything has changed. If anything has changed, it sends you an email, then goes back to quietly checking again until the next time your e-CAS gets updated.

The contents of your e-CAS file are never stored - what it stores is how many lines there are on the details page of your e-CAS file, not what it actually says. (The system tells you what the latest line is when it emails you, but then forgets this information straight away once the email is sent.)

A few months after your immigration application is complete (usually because you or the person you are sponsoring became a permanent resident or citizen) e-CAS stops working. At this time your file is deactivated automatically and your details are removed from the e-CAS Tracker database."

So anyway, it's up to you but I just wanted to put that info out there. I don't even know the dude or have any incentive into telling people this, I just think it's incredibly useful.

missmini said:
yes i know abt e-cas tracker and for sure it is a useful application and it will save time BUT the problem is that this software is not related to any CIC / government application which (should?) have higher security standards; it is done by a 3rd party to which we would give very sensitive information (names, dob, file numbers); I'm not saying the software owners themselves would use this info but since it's done independently it is probably less secure and prone to attacks from other malicious software...all the time we need to think where the info we provided is stored; on CIC it is stored on a government database which is in their interest to protect cuz they probably have other even more sensitive info there; but with 3rd party software the storage part is not clear; so for me i prefer to check the e-cas directly on my own :p so far it's not that obsessive ;)
Thank so much :D Ah, that must be it re: the PR card. Makes sense given that the BO detached and destroyed my study permit which had been stapled into my passport when she stapled the COPR into my passport. I didn't want to keep looking at that thing anyway :D
missmini said:
;D i see u landed this month, congraaaaaaaaaaaats, glad that ur wait is finally over (by the way, i don't think ur husband has his PR card anymore; usually it gets destroyed when u get the citizenship one; maybe a copy of it, but even that could b hard to find)
all the best, hope that the Canadian PR will b an wonderful experience for u :) do stay around!!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Anybody here got AOR / Approval who had applied after 2nd week of Jan.... :( :( :( :(

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
We haven't heard much news for a few days now.... :(

Hopefully tomorrow!

Wanted to point out...is it just me or is there an awful lot of divorce, marriage fraud, misrepresentation happening on the main page today?

It's an interesting read but frustrating at the same time... Just curious if anyone else noticed too.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
We haven't heard much news for a few days now.... :(

Hopefully tomorrow!

Wanted to point out...is it just me or is there an awful lot of divorce, marriage fraud, misrepresentation happening on the main page today?

It's an interesting read but frustrating at the same time... Just curious if anyone else noticed too.
Agreed, very interesting reading but it just emphasizes why the system is so slow and cautious - here's proof positive that it's warranted!

On another note, good luck with the condo decorating ... it should be a fun process and a good distraction from this waiting game. I'm distracting myself by planning a visit to my husband but don't want to jinx our application ... so will hold off on any firm plans until the sponsorship decision arrives. Hurry up, March 13th! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's a lot of interesting reading on the front page? I guess I need to get on that then :p Been sticking to "updated topics" for the most part. I absolutely love design and DIY sites too. Apartment Therapy is having voting for they're best design blog awards dubbed the "Homies" now and I am reading through all the nominee blogs :D

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
G'day all !

I'm a Janny 2012 applicant also! :) I'm the spouse, my husband the sponsor.

I'm currently in Canada on a Visitor Visa (Nov 2011 - May 2012). We sent an Outside Canada app (by lawyers advice) on the 20th of Jan, 2012 to Mississauga.. no correspondance yet.

The app's gotta go to Sydney yet, processing times there currently 7 months. I only hope I can extend my visitor visa come May this year and it carries over to PR approval.. :-[

Loving the support and advice here! Good luck to yous all ! ;)

Sammi

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
no updates as today is 29 th i was waiting in cic site but still its not done...waiting :(
can WE get any report regarding our case with the help of only payment receipt which begun with R........ i tried on cic site but not successfull

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hiiii everyone :) yaaay almost reached 30 days :p time does pass, i hope i'll see more green in that table soon :)
ddobro, thanks for all the clarifications, yes i did read posts from matthewc, he's really champion here...since i know the source of the software now, i'll b more confortable using it ;) for sure i'll let u know once i have updates, i'm curious too...and yeah e-cas does remove everything after a while, i didn't find anything anymore regarding the old immigration file or even the citizenship :)
Gemini, do u have a gmail account made in Ca with google voice enabled? if yes when u login there is a call phone option...try it also maybe it's working if ur account is registered in Ca....if not try with skype but with the same conditions :)....either gmail or skype would be cheaper than calling directly....best of luck!!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
TODAY IS 29th guys but still no update on cic processing times...waiting guys :(
The website wasn't updated until the early hours of Thursday so hold tight and there will be an update within the next 24hrs.

Based on your posting times I think you are a few hrs ahead of us too.... Remember it's only 7am in Toronto and this is where the timeline gets updated.

:D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be able to but I would suggest trying with the Client ID or visa file number if you have those available. Although if you only have the receipt number, try putting in the sponsor's info instead of the applicant's if you haven't already. Of course it's quite possible that you are just not activated in e-CAS yet. You might be able to log in before CPC-M approves sponsorship but you definetely will be able to log in AFTER this first step.
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
can WE get any report regarding our case with the help of only payment receipt which begun with R........ i tried on cic site but not successfull

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Oops just saw processing time which is updated today and unfortunately they are still processing applications submitted on / before Jan3rd application and processing time went u to 55 days again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like they are lots of applications submitted on and around Dec and Jan1st week, crazyyyyyyy

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Oops just saw processing time which is updated today and unfortunately they are still processing applications submitted on / before Jan3rd application and processing time went u to 55 days again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like they are lots of applications submitted on and around Dec and Jan1st week, crazyyyyyyy
aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!