09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
avocadosandcheese said:
i was just going to post the same thing! does this mean that the app was received by the VO?? We have only been told via phone that my husband was approved as sponsor, but haven't received anything via mail or email.
Don't quote me on it, but yes, I think that means your app is in Buffalo. As far as I understand it CPC-M just looks at the sponsorship stuff -and only once everything is in Buffalo do they update you with "medicals received". If I am completely off-base I am sure someone will speak up to correct me :)

mmhmuffins

Nov 4, 2011
Hi guys
I've been discretely following this forum since accidentally stumbling on it a few months ago.

First off, THANK YOU EVERYONE! You know those swearing maniacs the CIC hotlines warns us about, well, I could've very well been one of those on more than a few occasions if not for this forum.

I would like to be added to the timeline as well please.

I'm Canadian, sponsoring my husband who is Swiss. We live in Switzerland with our two yr old son.

App Received by CPC-M: Jan 23rd 2012
Sponsorship Approval: April 25th 2012 (today yayy!!)
Visa Office: Paris

Yayy so glad to finally put in a post!

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
podkayne8 said:
Don't quote me on it, but yes, I think that means your app is in Buffalo. As far as I understand it CPC-M just looks at the sponsorship stuff -and only once everything is in Buffalo do they update you with "medicals received". If I am completely off-base I am sure someone will speak up to correct me :)
cool, thanks for the reply! i figured thats what it meant too...!

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
mmhmuffins said:
Hi guys
I've been discretely following this forum since accidentally stumbling on it a few months ago.

First off, THANK YOU EVERYONE! You know those swearing maniacs the CIC hotlines warns us about, well, I could've very well been one of those on more than a few occasions if not for this forum.

I'm Canadian, sponsoring my husband who is Swiss. We live in Switzerland with our two yr old son.

welcome!!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
podkayne8 said:

I was going to respond with the same answer.... When I called and heard I was sponsorship approved the call centre person told me that buffalo had my file already....so meds rec'd just means they are working on it.

I tried to look through the buff thread to see if there was any pattern on when people saw that status to when ppr was request and couldn't really figure it out.

I also didn't want to ask cause Im sure the same question has been thrown around a million times.

I'm just grateful that something is happening!

Basilzaman

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January-2012
File Transfer...
March-2012
Med's Done....
[move][color=red]December-2011 (Expired)[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
Soon In Sha Allah
LANDED..........
Allah Knows
amira_mais said:
Hello, all:

Happy news ... I got the PPR email today! Or rather my husband did, and forwarded it on to me because I'm the obsessively organized one who wants to be in charge of all communications with the visa office and ensure that no detail is overlooked :)

Amanda, can you please update the spreadsheet for me? Thanks!

Congrats ;) Amira Good Luck ... Plzzz Also Pray For Us.

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
missmini said:
guys guys i cannot believe it....we got the approval today...i just got it by email i was sooo happy but i was crying so much hubby thought something bad happenned....i still cannot believe it since i thought (looking at the timeline i might wait 1-2 more weeks)...i know there r still people before us with no news and i feel bad for u but don't worry it will come....a little bit of extra details i tell u from the email and overall abt us maybe it will help u and or in the future

1. as some of u know, we did not get signature on delivery although we asked for it....it always said delivered to mailroom and i was always worried - we did not receive anything until today, no AOR, just the approval directly; but it means it was delivered ;)
2. we did send significant amounts of proofs and we put our own box which then dhl put it in their own too....they said it's safer....so we had a box in another box, hope they recycle....but it really does not matter if it's box or envelope or the color the important is to write clear on it what the application is...
3. i used to have an old client id (from my pr card) but i didn't realize i should write it and that they would use the same....well they used the same uci, cliend id...this id will b forever stuck with my name for any application
4. the email did not confirm when the application was received; the courier said jan 31st but who knows...once i login in ecas (don't think i can yet) i will confirm to u if it's jan 31st or somewhere in feb....also as some of u said my approval too came from Ottawa Pilot Office not Missisauga
5. finally i also know which visa office will take care of next stage, it's Amman..,we asked for Damascus (based on the passport) although we could have asked for Abu-Dhabi also (based on residency)....i was very worried they would send it to Abu-Dhabi, possible 25 months of waiting stuck here would have been a nightmare scenario for me :( ....but now Damascus is closed and Amman took over; it's new office and they don't have any timeline at all but hopefully we will b done faster though ::) i'm glad there's another Ammanian here, we can compare :)
5. now we also need to send the CSQ forms and the email clearly stated that they will start the process only after we get positive answer from Quebec side....they r ready just need to print them and hopefully send them by the end of the week....and no, we didn't fill in the forms in French
6. i never called them....i tried as much as possible to b patient and wait our turn

fyi, as u know i was sad and stop coming here and last night i fell asleep crying and praying....today i felt stronger a little, i stayed around with friends, i had nice day and we watched nice football game and had so much fun ;) and i didn't want to check anything for the whole week....just by chance i saw their email and i thought i imagine...anyway, it will come when u least expect it....good luck for all, let all b green soon and then yellow and red ;D i send u all big hug (sorry if my english not clear, at 2:30 am with all this emotion u can imagine ;) but i cannot sleep )
congrayz!! i hope our applications get processed quickly! my ecas is already showing

Application Received
We received ****************** application for permanent residence on January 27, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

hopfully this is a good sign. try checking your ecas and see what it says !

missimpatient

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA office <formerly Buffalo>
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/23/12
AOR Received.
never recieved
File Transfer...
05/29/12 to LA--- supposedly
Med's Done....
01/09/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 31, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
almost time
LANDED..........
OH HOW I WISH
mmhmuffins said:
Hi guys

YAY!! congrats on the sponsorship approval! and welcome to the forum. Hope to hear more from you. Good luck sweetie ;)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
I think the medical received bit proves that Buffalo did something because that was not on my ecas until this week. I'm really glad for that!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Amoss said:
I think the medical received bit proves that Buffalo did something because that was not on my ecas until this week. I'm really glad for that!
Maybe this means though that Buffalo is the VO on the case?

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Amoss said:
Maybe this means though that Buffalo is the VO on the case?
I didn't want to say it but yes I thought that too....meaning if we haven't heard of a transfer yet then I guess we're stuck n buffalo....ah well

sarsicola

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 22, 2011
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 27, 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012
hi guys! my husband got an approval today, April 25. my visa office is in Manila and i am bound to Winnipeg. Goodluck guys!

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
mmhmuffins said:
Hi guys

Welcome to the forum. Most of us stay sane thanks to this forum and whenever I feel like calling CIC, I come here instead and get solace from fellow travellers. Congratulations on the first stage and all the best for the rest.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
mmhmuffins said:
Hi guys

Switzerland! Oh I love Switzerland! My husband and I lived in St. Gallen for 3 years.

Welcome to the forum! on to step 2

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nani, rv_maria, whizbee, mountain pirate, missimpatient, basilzaman - thanks! Sending my best positive energy vibes out to you and everyone in the group.

And welcome to the new members - whether you post or lurk, it's good to have you here :)