to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
dgoodman said:
Hey, I am wondering if anyone is familiar with what a prepaid 'air waybill' is? In the approval letter from CIC it said that we needed to have a prepaid airway bill on file with the VO at all times to facilitate the processing of the application. So, is that something that I should send to them right away?

Thanks!
I have never heard of this until now, but it would seem to me that they require you to foot the bill for returning your passport with your visa, or perhaps other important docs. So, my guess is that in order to ensure the process is as quick as possible, you should pay for an air waybill (perhaps by calling an airline and purchasing some credit with them and asking for the receipt number and providing that to the VO) ahead of time.

In any case, in order to know for sure, I would call the VO and ask for clarity, and ask if just a prepaid express self-addressed envelope sent to them is sufficient (if you can purchase one with Guatemala postage on it as that is where it would originate obviously).

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Amoss said:
You inspired me to check ours ;) We have the same thing now too! woohooo!! hahaha I'll take it too! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awesome!

This is such a great start to the week!

Ps I PM'd the members we haven't heard from in a long time to see if they have heard anything...I can imagine a few of them have been approved and just forgot to MSG us! Hopefully I hear from them

checkerscom2000

Apr 18, 2012
Hi, I am new to the forum. I applied and Missisauga received my application on January 3rd, 2012. I am in the waiting stages for the step 2 process now. I feel I have a support group with you guys here. I will keep checking in from time to time in this forum. Thanks.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
checkerscom2000 said:
Hi, I am new to the forum. I applied and Missisauga received my application on January 3rd, 2012. I am in the waiting stages for the step 2 process now. I feel I have a support group with you guys here. I will keep checking in from time to time in this forum. Thanks.

We are a great group and u will for sure have our support!

Send me your details and I'll add u to the spreadsheet!

Once u have 10 posts you can update your profile...

All we ask is that we all keep each other posted!

Welcome

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
checkerscom2000 said:
Welcome! I know that this forum has helped me at times with my sanity. It's nice to get in touch with people who truly understand your situation.

Plus we're a great group! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

checkerscom2000

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks a lot. Yeah, I am playing the waiting game too so I though I would google something up and see if there is a discussion board going on and I was amazed to find this. It's great to have other people in a group with the same situation and supporting each other. I mailed my documents to missisauga on December 29th,2011 but they received it on January 3rd, 2012. I got my letter that I am eligible to sponsor my wife on February 16th. They sent my documents to the Nairobi visa office, so now I am in stage 2, just waiting for that, it's going to be a while I think cause Nairobi is the longest wait out of all. But I am glad I have you guys here, so we can check in and support and be happy for each other. I received a file number with the letter, on E-cas it just shows as received, does anyone have any info on this and how long it usually takes for the website to be updated. I am assuming a few months atleast?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
missmini said:
thank u Amanda :D yeah it's great....hope all of us will finish by this week...can't wait to update my profile and maybe a ticker :p but now i should sleep :p take care!!
OMG missmini, congrats! good for you.. I'm Jan 25 and I'm stil waiting.....

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
OMG missmini, congrats! good for you.. I'm Jan 25 and I'm stil waiting.....
do not worry. They might have already sent you their smail

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Dr Eng X said:
do not worry. They might have already sent you their smail
i hope so..our app is 90 days now...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
missmini said:
guys guys i cannot believe it....we got the approval today...i just got it by email i was sooo happy but i was crying so much hubby thought something bad happenned....i still cannot believe it since i thought (looking at the timeline i might wait 1-2 more weeks)...i know there r still people before us with no news and i feel bad for u but don't worry it will come....a little bit of extra details i tell u from the email and overall abt us maybe it will help u and or in the future

1. as some of u know, we did not get signature on delivery although we asked for it....it always said delivered to mailroom and i was always worried - we did not receive anything until today, no AOR, just the approval directly; but it means it was delivered ;)
2. we did send significant amounts of proofs and we put our own box which then dhl put it in their own too....they said it's safer....so we had a box in another box, hope they recycle....but it really does not matter if it's box or envelope or the color the important is to write clear on it what the application is...
3. i used to have an old client id (from my pr card) but i didn't realize i should write it and that they would use the same....well they used the same uci, cliend id...this id will b forever stuck with my name for any application
4. the email did not confirm when the application was received; the courier said jan 31st but who knows...once i login in ecas (don't think i can yet) i will confirm to u if it's jan 31st or somewhere in feb....also as some of u said my approval too came from Ottawa Pilot Office not Missisauga
5. finally i also know which visa office will take care of next stage, it's Amman..,we asked for Damascus (based on the passport) although we could have asked for Abu-Dhabi also (based on residency)....i was very worried they would send it to Abu-Dhabi, possible 25 months of waiting stuck here would have been a nightmare scenario for me :( ....but now Damascus is closed and Amman took over; it's new office and they don't have any timeline at all but hopefully we will b done faster though ::) i'm glad there's another Ammanian here, we can compare :)
5. now we also need to send the CSQ forms and the email clearly stated that they will start the process only after we get positive answer from Quebec side....they r ready just need to print them and hopefully send them by the end of the week....and no, we didn't fill in the forms in French
6. i never called them....i tried as much as possible to b patient and wait our turn

fyi, as u know i was sad and stop coming here and last night i fell asleep crying and praying....today i felt stronger a little, i stayed around with friends, i had nice day and we watched nice football game and had so much fun ;) and i didn't want to check anything for the whole week....just by chance i saw their email and i thought i imagine...anyway, it will come when u least expect it....good luck for all, let all b green soon and then yellow and red ;D i send u all big hug (sorry if my english not clear, at 2:30 am with all this emotion u can imagine ;) but i cannot sleep )
Congratulations missmini and others who recently got approval!!! I applied on jan 26th though and still nothing and feeling depressed :( We are very worried that there are many problems in our application...no option-c (sponsor is not working, submitted 1 year of bank statements with interest instead, included a letter explaining i havent filed my taxes for last 2-3 years and will file when i come back), no birth certificate is included for applicant (we will submit affidavit from parents to delhi? would that help? or do we need it for sponsorship and identification of applicant at this point?), and my reference letters from family are included in applicant's envelope instead of sponsors (sponsor and applicants parents stating that we plan to return to canada to settle there when my husband gets PR, do they look at both parts (applicant and sponsor documents when evaluating for sponsorship eligibility?), i also forgot to include my (sponsors) online job search and applications/replies in Canada (we plan to submit to Delhi also??)...this is all giving me a big migraine headache and if anyone can help me that will be great...would these reasons cause rejection for our application?

PANIC AND CRISIS!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: APP MIGHT BE RETURNED!!!!??????????

thanks and PLEASE HELP!!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
Congratulations missmini and others who recently got approval!!! I applied on jan 26th though and still nothing and feeling depressed :( We are very worried that there are many problems in our application...no option-c (sponsor is not working, submitted 1 year of bank statements with interest instead, included a letter explaining i havent filed my taxes for last 2-3 years and will file when i come back), no birth certificate is included for applicant (we will submit affidavit from parents to delhi? would that help? or do we need it for sponsorship and identification of applicant at this point?), and my reference letters from family are included in applicant's envelope instead of sponsors (sponsor and applicants parents stating that we plan to return to canada to settle there when my husband gets PR, do they look at both parts (applicant and sponsor documents when evaluating for sponsorship eligibility?)...this is all giving me a big migraine headache and if anyone can help me that will be great...would these reasons cause rejection for our application?
thanks and good luck! :)
Don't worry. This stage is for sponsorship. If you do not have dependents then there is no minimum income...just do not worry...you can see that CIC is not working in exact order but with a range of around 10 days. You will hear good news soon

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Don't worry. This stage is for sponsorship. If you do not have dependents then there is no minimum income...just do not worry...you can see that CIC is not working in exact order but with a range of around 10 days. You will hear good news soon
thanks for your reply! since i (sponsor) am out of Canada right now (with my husband) I have to prove that i will return to Canada... i did not have an updated letter of acceptance from university, i put my old one for 2008, stating that i plan to go back by to university by September 2012. the most important things I left out of sponsor's envelope (family reference stating I will return and we will live with my mother first). I am hoping they will find those letters in the applicant's envelope instead of just looking at sponsor's and saying app is incomplete.
thanks again for your help and good luck :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
missmini said:
guys guys i cannot believe it....we got the approval today...i just got it by email i was sooo happy but i was crying so much hubby thought something bad happenned....i still cannot believe it since i thought (looking at the timeline i might wait 1-2 more weeks)...i know there r still people before us with no news and i feel bad for u but don't worry it will come....a little bit of extra details i tell u from the email and overall abt us maybe it will help u and or in the future

1. as some of u know, we did not get signature on delivery although we asked for it....it always said delivered to mailroom and i was always worried - we did not receive anything until today, no AOR, just the approval directly; but it means it was delivered ;)
2. we did send significant amounts of proofs and we put our own box which then dhl put it in their own too....they said it's safer....so we had a box in another box, hope they recycle....but it really does not matter if it's box or envelope or the color the important is to write clear on it what the application is...
3. i used to have an old client id (from my pr card) but i didn't realize i should write it and that they would use the same....well they used the same uci, cliend id...this id will b forever stuck with my name for any application
4. the email did not confirm when the application was received; the courier said jan 31st but who knows...once i login in ecas (don't think i can yet) i will confirm to u if it's jan 31st or somewhere in feb....also as some of u said my approval too came from Ottawa Pilot Office not Missisauga
5. finally i also know which visa office will take care of next stage, it's Amman..,we asked for Damascus (based on the passport) although we could have asked for Abu-Dhabi also (based on residency)....i was very worried they would send it to Abu-Dhabi, possible 25 months of waiting stuck here would have been a nightmare scenario for me :( ....but now Damascus is closed and Amman took over; it's new office and they don't have any timeline at all but hopefully we will b done faster though ::) i'm glad there's another Ammanian here, we can compare :)
5. now we also need to send the CSQ forms and the email clearly stated that they will start the process only after we get positive answer from Quebec side....they r ready just need to print them and hopefully send them by the end of the week....and no, we didn't fill in the forms in French
6. i never called them....i tried as much as possible to b patient and wait our turn

fyi, as u know i was sad and stop coming here and last night i fell asleep crying and praying....today i felt stronger a little, i stayed around with friends, i had nice day and we watched nice football game and had so much fun ;) and i didn't want to check anything for the whole week....just by chance i saw their email and i thought i imagine...anyway, it will come when u least expect it....good luck for all, let all b green soon and then yellow and red ;D i send u all big hug (sorry if my english not clear, at 2:30 am with all this emotion u can imagine ;) but i cannot sleep )
Hey Missmini!

I am so so so happy for you received your approval leter!!!

Yeyyyyyyyy! ;D ;D

I know the waiting is so hard but we always get news when we are expecting less.

So best luck to you!

Many hugs :-*

And best luck to everyone January applicants! :)

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Thanks guys!

mountain_pirate - It shows:

We received xxxxxxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on January 19, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
ashunandal said:
Congratulations missmini and others who recently got approval!!! I applied on jan 26th though and still nothing and feeling depressed :( We are very worried that there are many problems in our application...no option-c (sponsor is not working, submitted 1 year of bank statements with interest instead, included a letter explaining i havent filed my taxes for last 2-3 years and will file when i come back), no birth certificate is included for applicant (we will submit affidavit from parents to delhi? would that help? or do we need it for sponsorship and identification of applicant at this point?), and my reference letters from family are included in applicant's envelope instead of sponsors (sponsor and applicants parents stating that we plan to return to canada to settle there when my husband gets PR, do they look at both parts (applicant and sponsor documents when evaluating for sponsorship eligibility?), i also forgot to include my (sponsors) online job search and applications/replies in Canada (we plan to submit to Delhi also??)...this is all giving me a big migraine headache and if anyone can help me that will be great...would these reasons cause rejection for our application?

PANIC AND CRISIS!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: APP MIGHT BE RETURNED!!!!??????????

thanks and PLEASE HELP!!!
I can't really help, but I can give you a bit of perspective.

I didn't send the Option C Printout. I also included an explanation letter, but I am working, so I included a notarized translation of my Chinese tax assessment, statement of earnings from my employer, pay stubs, and an original letter stating hours and length of service. My explanation was brief (I think I gave you some ideas on what to include). The Option C Printout is not as important as you may think, and it is not absolutely necessary to include it. If you've been a non-resident for tax purposes, it won't really matter that you haven't submitted the Option C, especially if you have been non-resident for a number of years. Remember, CIC wants the most RECENT year, so for those who have been working abroad for a while, it's pointless to provide an Option C that is more than 2 years old. You have provided, in my opinion, enough evidence to cover that part.

As for the applicant's birth certificate...that is a required document on the China checklist (probably all immigrant checklists), but you can rest easy because CIC-M is focused on the sponsor. When your file reaches your VO, they will send you a request for additional documents, so no sweat.

The letters of reference won't be a problem. If CIC-M only looks in the sponsor envelope, and they request further proof of your intention to return to Canada, simply courier them those same letters (and some other docs, like the job search, that you feel would help).

You needn't stress yourself out. Call the call center and tell them that it's been more than 88 days and you need to know (for the sake of your heart), what's going on...they should be able to provide more information...

Don't worry...breathe...you'll get the approval!!!!!!!

FS