+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

originhay

Feb 9, 2012
missmini said:
looooool congrats....don't worry u'll b able to login after the landing :p ;) ;D

for me as i said before, today, 2 days after the approval email i can use the UCI and the sponsor details but there's nothing except my name, not even application received, nothing at all, just my name in capital letters....and i think i can login only cuz this is not my first time in their system - my name and the same UCI were used before for other applications....i think for the ones who it's their very first time in CIC system with a new UCI, it will take a little longer; did u try also the file number (F0******) and the applicant's details? and how fast or slow u can login in ecas has no impact on how fast or slow ur application is processed ;)
I have tried both no info yet... wil wait... Waiting and being patient is my new everyday habit :-0

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
I just called CIC, and I think it is always my bad luck that my calls get answered by a not so friendly agent. This is the third time I called ever since, and all of them were snobbish and unfriendly.

Anyways, the agent confirmed that it's in their system that they received my application January 25th but no decision has been made yet.

First she even asked the date I submitted my application and she said as per website they are still working on January 19. I said I have a friend who submitted January 30 and when she called CIC , they checked the system and it was found out that they are sponsor approved already, so maybe if she would just check the system for me she can give me more information.. so that's the only time she checked the system.

And oh , she said that the 88 days in the website is 88 days processing from the day they start processing the file and not the day they received it (that's just plain BS!)

Anyways, I am heartbroken that there is no sponsorship approval yet but at least I can rest my fears that my application was lost or misplaced.
I think I am going to call again this afternoon then tomorrow, and everyday until I get the good news. :'( :'( :'( :'(

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
alf+jlh said:
I didn't want to say it but yes I thought that too....meaning if we haven't heard of a transfer yet then I guess we're stuck n buffalo....ah well
I wouldn't think that for sure. Mine said meds rec'd weeks before I heard about my seattle transfer. In my mind, it just means buffalo has your complete app w/ meds and they log it before they decide what they are doing with it.

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
Amoss said:
I have been doing some googling on the medicals received bit from Buffalo. We really can assume nothing at this point. Some people were still transferred after they had that update on ecas. some took months for anything else to happen, some took weeks. some were still contacted to submit other docs.

I guess all we can conclude is that our meds weren't lost!
^^ Yes this is what I think because my meds showed rec'd :) way before my transfer. It just means they have your complete file I think!

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
pelipeli said:
I just called CIC, and I think it is always my bad luck that my calls get answered by a not so friendly agent. This is the third time I called ever since, and all of them were snobbish and unfriendly.

Anyways, the agent confirmed that it's in their system that they received my application January 25th but no decision has been made yet.

First she even asked the date I submitted my application and she said as per website they are still working on January 19. I said I have a friend who submitted January 30 and when she called CIC , they checked the system and it was found out that they are sponsor approved already, so maybe if she would just check the system for me she can give me more information.. so that's the only time she checked the system.

Anyways, I am heartbroken that there is no sponsorship approval yet but at least I can rest my fears that my application was lost or misplaced.
I think I am going to call again this afternoon then tomorrow, and everyday until I get the good news. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hang in there pelipeli! I'm sure you are due to hear something soon! It is good it is in their system at least! :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
podkayne8 said:
Hang in there pelipeli! I'm sure you are due to hear something soon! It is good it is in their system at least! :)
Thank you ... Patience was never my virtue and this process has really been pushing my sanity to the edge. I'm so sad I can't think straight at work :'(

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:

And oh , she said that the 88 days in the website is 88 days processing from the day they start processing the file and not the day they received it (that's just plain BS!)

Do not worry Pelipeli, and do not even bother calling CIC that much it will get you frustrated....You might remember that someone called early morning or something and in the afternoon or very next day they received their approval
Do not worry again just remember if it was in the system it means they have begun processing it

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
Do not worry Pelipeli, and do not even bother calling CIC that much it will get you frustrated....You might remember that someone called early morning or something and in the afternoon or very next day they received their approval
Do not worry again just remember if it was in the system it means they have begun processing it
Thank you.. I hope that happens for me too..

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
hi guys sorry for my delay really thank u for ur words and ur encouragements all the way; i really like our group ;) especial thanks for I.N, Amoss, Amanda, pelipeli, Dr Eng, canadiangirl, podkayne, amira, missimpatient, eludor and if i forget anyone i'm sorry...also congrats from me for those who just got the approval, sarsicola and others, i know it's a great feeling :) for those who didn't get it yet don't worry it will come....just pray and b patient...also some approvals could come by mail, so one more week of delay....take care everyone!! :)
It is always good to see others happy, I am very happy not only that you got the approval but also that your file was transfered to a fast processing VO. Who knows maybe if applications were processed faster it would have gone to a slow VO. Very glad it all worked for the best.
Now we know jan. applicants are not from Mars :) and are humans just like us :p

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I am waiting impatiently for them to update processing times. Any guesses?

I say Jan 20. 90 days.

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
canadiangirl78 said:
I am waiting impatiently for them to update processing times. Any guesses?

I say Jan 20. 90 days.
I guess Jan 26. 91 days

Basilzaman

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January-2012
File Transfer...
March-2012
Med's Done....
[move][color=red]December-2011 (Expired)[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
Soon In Sha Allah
LANDED..........
Allah Knows
missmini said:
looooool congrats....don't worry u'll b able to login after the landing :p ;) ;D

for me as i said before, today, 2 days after the approval email i can use the UCI and the sponsor details but there's nothing except my name, not even application received, nothing at all, just my name in capital letters....and i think i can login only cuz this is not my first time in their system - my name and the same UCI were used before for other applications....i think for the ones who it's their very first time in CIC system with a new UCI, it will take a little longer; did u try also the file number (F0******) and the applicant's details? and how fast or slow u can login in ecas has no impact on how fast or slow ur application is processed ;)
Dear Friends,

maybe this info will help u to check online ur Application status.
If u are a Applicant's put there below mentioned detail.
1) Select Application No
2) then write Application no
3) Only write there Ur Surname
4) Date Of Birth
5) Place Of Birth

then hopefully u will see the Applicant Status

OR

If u are a Sponsor then put there below mentioned details
1) Select UCI No
2) write UCI No
3) Only write there ur Surname
4) Date Of Birth
5) Place Of Birth

i hope that above mentioned info will help u to check ur Application online Status

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Dr Eng X said:
It is always good to see others happy, I am very happy not only that you got the approval but also that your file was transfered to a fast processing VO. Who knows maybe if applications were processed faster it would have gone to a slow VO. Very glad it all worked for the best.
Now we know jan. applicants are not from Mars :) and are humans just like us :p
THANK U DOC :D yeah me too i believe or sometimes force myself to believe that every bad thing is actually bad on the surface and there's always something good which we don't see it and it will eventually appear ;) and yeah i always said that i prefer to wait longer for 1st stage as long as 2nd stage is proportionally shorter ;) and maybe if they would have processed it last month they would have sent it to Abu-Dhabi who knows....anyway, Damascus used to have a good timeline but for Amman it's not clear, they r newbies and they don't have a timeline at all LOL all we can do is hope that they r not that bad ;)
and lol yes u see the jan applications r from normal humans too...and looool abt the color, i didn't mean skin color just color in the table ;) ;) ;) hope different colors in ur Feb table too, soon i'll congratulate u ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
pelipeli said:
Thank you ... Patience was never my virtue and this process has really been pushing my sanity to the edge. I'm so sad I can't think straight at work :'(
try not to think abt it for a while, even a few hours and u'll see u'll get good news by surprise ;) i guess we all learn new virtues, we don't have much of a choice ::) but the fact that u r in the system it's definately a good sign - it means ur application is complete and in process and soon u'll officially know the good news :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missmini said:
try not to think abt it for a while, even a few hours and u'll see u'll get good news by surprise ;) i guess we all learn new virtues, we don't have much of a choice ::) but the fact that u r in the system it's definately a good sign - it means ur application is complete and in process and soon u'll officially know the good news :)
thanks missmini.. oh trust me I have been doing all sorts of things to distract myself these past 3 months... work, books, movies, new gadgets, shopping clothes, bags, shoes,, make up, involving myself in church activities, sightseeing... they all keep you preoccupied for a while, but there are really times or days like these when the waiting is at its worst..

But yeah, u r right missmini, it is a good sign , and now everytime my email alert tone sounds off my heart skips a beat.. Does it really mean the app is complete? Coz that is also one of my fears, despite all the organization I've done , I'm still paranoid that we missed a signature or a page or something.