Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
ashunandal said:
to support my previous posts...

This is an example of the mentality of most of the Canadian general public...I found this post (along with many others) on

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/07/canada-may-let-provinces-cherry-pick-immigrants-to-end-applicant-backlog-jason-kenney/
and here is one comment from a Canadian citizen...

""Why are worried about the back log?? Do we owe people quick entry to the country??

To solve this problem, revise the family class. Eliminate all parents and grandparents, make the family class eligible to come to Canada in line with the rest of the developed world. Canada has the broadest definition family in the world. Do we need more geriatrics?? Do we owe every immigrant a grandma to babysit the kids?

The arguement that immigrants won't come to Canada if they can't bring grandma doesn't hold water. Canada is one of the great countries of the world and the masses will still come.
We owe it to Canada to make these changes. The family class are a net drain on resources.""

another one here...idea is to be ALONE, forget your families, single skilled workers are most important!!!

""What planet is this Kenney guy from --- the day before yesterday he said he was gettin rid of babies being born automatic citizens, then low and behold the next day he announced he was bringing in a crushing influx of family reunification immigrants to burden everything from health care to OAS. Now today he claims to be bringing in skilled workers.
Why doesn't Harper spend the money to train our youth and unemployed. Immigrants want to bring in their whole families, most of the ones I meet just take lower income jobs from Canadians. This is not a profitable investment, bringing in a whole family suck up social benefits for every one worker.""

I am not referring to every Canadian citizen, but a lot have the same ways of thinking about immigration, which no doubt underlie Canada's immigration policies
This canadian citizen is referring to how the government policies are and how they work and the definition of family in canada...this is not referring the culture. I actually agree with some of the points. Thank you for sharing this post that clearly reflects what I was talking about. It's about the canadian government being honest with the population and not keeping everything Hush Hush has nothing to do with the canadian culture at it's whole!

originhay

Feb 9, 2012
Hi there,

Congrarts to all who got any answer, or even Visa already. Very happy for you all. I am still waiting for any info from CIC. Just have a question, Me and my wife are having our wedding celebration in Aug, and my wife will come over. she does not need a visa and can stay in Canada for 6 months, I am just wondering if we get approval and visa, does she need to leave Canada and come back or can stay and wait with if we had applied for outland.

Thanks,

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
originhay said:
Hi there,

Congrarts to all who got any answer, or even Visa already. Very happy for you all. I am still waiting for any info from CIC. Just have a question, Me and my wife are having our wedding celebration in Aug, and my wife will come over. she does not need a visa and can stay in Canada for 6 months, I am just wondering if we get approval and visa, does she need to leave Canada and come back or can stay and wait with if we had applied for outland.

Thanks,
If she is from a visa exempt country she can stay for the 6 months and ask for an extension one month before the expiry of the 6 months . To land she will have to cross the border and come back into Canada.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Processing times have been updated.

88 days now.
Working on January 19.

At least it is accurate. It was worse when it was a big fat lie and we had no clue what to expect.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Processing times have been updated.

88 days now.
Working on January 19.

At least it is accurate. It was worse when it was a big fat lie and we had no clue what to expect.
wooow its horrible :mad: :mad:
it seems like, we cant reach processing time ever. it was 75 before and when i reached 75 they updated to 84 and i reached 84 today they changed to 88 :mad: :mad:

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ashunandal said:
wooow its horrible :mad: :mad:
it seems like, we cant reach processing time ever. it was 75 before and when i reached 75 they updated to 84 and i reached 84 today they changed to 88 :mad: :mad:
I know. I keep changing my ticker. It is going the wrong direction, ha ha! 88 days is SO LONG!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I know. I keep changing my ticker. It is going the wrong direction, ha ha! 88 days is SO LONG!
Oh boy now this is becoming dangerous...my husband needs to extend his visa on june 7th (his b-day) and it's better to have the sponsorship approval..let's cross our fingers that once they finally pass january that everything will go faster!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
I doubt how further they will delay!!! Maybe we will reach 100 days one day. This is a very painful process. My patience is tested to the extreme. I won't be this patient with my husband and kids ::)

I am guessing the CIC is focus on delayed parents gathering applications and we are pushed back to give way.

It is just messy over there. How we could bear this kind of government?

originhay

Feb 9, 2012
cgagnon said:
If she is from a visa exempt country she can stay for the 6 months and ask for an extension one month before the expiry of the 6 months . To land she will have to cross the border and come back into Canada.
Thanks for your answer, but can you tell me if she needs to go back, or can cross the border with US and enter back.

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
Wow 88 days.. Just as soon as I thought my app would be getting looked at now, it's a day behind.. it's painful eh.

For anyone who's extending their visitor visa if they're in Canada, the processing times have gone up to 34 days (paper app).

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
originhay said:
Thanks for your answer, but can you tell me if she needs to go back, or can cross the border with US and enter back.
Depending on your situation she could schedule an appointment to land at the border or the embassy.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
originhay said:
I am from a visa exempt country and extended my visa within Canada. I was told by CIC that I don't need to go through the border again to validate the visa extension. And with that visa extension I can re-enter Canada without problem

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Sammi said:
Wow 88 days.. Just as soon as I thought my app would be getting looked at now, it's a day behind.. it's painful eh.

For anyone who's extending their visitor visa if they're in Canada, the processing times have gone up to 34 days (paper app).
Well isnt that great then will definately be doing all the stuff online! Or just risk it at the border as he is from a visa exempt country i don't know this is becoming really crazy!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
liuminparis said:
I am from a visa exempt country and extended my visa within Canada. I was told by CIC that I don't need to go through the border again to validate the visa extension. And with that visa extension I can re-enter Canada without problem
We were getting worried about you hadn't received any news from you in a while!

originhay

Feb 9, 2012
liuminparis said:
No my question was little different. I am asking if we applied outland, but my wife will be at the time of getting sponsorship visa approval in Canada with me, does she need to go back and come over, or she can stay here and get her visa without crossing any borders(landing again).